No announcement yet.

Smart Scalper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why no trades yet? My account hasn't increased since I started following you

#usual_newbie_presure :-P

Comment

Hahahahaha! Good one, Okda!

Comment

Originally posted by Okda View Post
        Why no trades yet? My account hasn't increased since I started following you

#usual_newbie_presure :-P
        Reminds me of EricB, no offences mate(EricB)
        Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

SmartTrader , I hope that you will stick with that 10% max loss for one pair ! EURNZD that you closed on Nov 1st at 16.18 ( 4 positions ) was at some point in 33% DD and most of us are not ready for that kind of DD .

Comment

Originally posted by Sushi85 View Post
            SmartTrader , I hope that you will stick with that 10% max loss for one pair ! EURNZD that you closed on Nov 1st at 16.18 ( 4 positions ) was at some point in 33% DD and most of us are not ready for that kind of DD .
            If you follwed this thread, you would have understood what 33% means. The master account has only 100+$, but minimum requirement is 200(250 is good), so for this amount i stick to the 20% max DD. Please set your risk at 0.5x then you will get a max of 20% for two pair basket. so essentially it means i got 17.5% DD which is half of 33%.

Comment

Hi SmartTrader,
              What did your broker say about this odd price spike on last Friday?
              When will you provide a backtest of your strategy?

Comment

Originally posted by HOPP View Post
                Hi SmartTrader,
                What did your broker say about this odd price spike on last Friday?
                When will you provide a backtest of your strategy?
                He did not understand properly so i sent the question again. Backtests, i am a bit busy. takes time. I will put here once i am done with them.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                  He did not understand properly so i sent the question again. Backtests, i am a bit busy. takes time. I will put here once i am done with them.
                  Send him a screenshot and when he still don't understand than its time to move on to another, more trustworthy broker (what you should do anyway, bc for me its obvious they did heavily manipulate the price)
                  Looking forward to the BT

Comment

Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                    If you follwed this thread, you would have understood what 33% means. The master account has only 100+$, but minimum requirement is 200(250 is good), so for this amount i stick to the 20% max DD. Please set your risk at 0.5x then you will get a max of 20% for two pair basket. so essentially it means i got 17.5% DD which is half of 33%.
                    Vijay,

but if you got 17.5% DD on those 4 EURNZD open trades, this means that you did exceed your stated rule of max 10% DD for one pair, correct?

Or I'm missing something?

Please, explain, thank you.

Fabio
                    Last edited by Prasadast71; 11-18-2013, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prasadast71 View Post
                      Vijay,

but if you got 17.5% DD on those 4 EURNZD open trades, this means that you did exceed your stated rule of max 10% DD for one pair, correct?

Fabio

my understanding is the master account does break the 20%DD until its value to $200+

by setting your own account risk @ 0.5 your OWN account should not see more than 10% per currecny pair

Comment

• Originally posted by Prasadast71 View Post
                        Vijay,

Fabio
                        It is indeed very hard to explain everything to everyone. It was my own account and no one was following me, why would bother to follow 10% rule? It was infact the last weekend, i sat with charts and figured out where to put the SL and how to fix the DD at certain level, now i have subs, i have responsibilities, so i have fixed the DD at 10% and 20%.
                        Last edited by SmartTrader; 11-18-2013, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dupapa View Post
                          my understanding is the master account does break the 20%DD until its value to $200+

by setting your own account risk @ 0.5 your OWN account should not see more than 10% per currecny pair
                          Yes thats correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                            It is indeed very hard to explain everything to everyone. It was my own account and no one was following me, why would bother to follow 10% rule? It was infact the last weekend, i sat with charts and figured out where to put the SL and how to fix the DD at certain level, now i have subs, i have responsibilities, so i have fixed the DD at 10% and 20%.
                            Ok, now it's clear, but what you said also means that the trades you got since last 22nd of Oct (when master account started trading this new system), they were taken without applying the actual 10 and 20% overall DD rule (and maybe even someone else), so, that account is not so reliable to show past results of this scalper system, assuming the trading rules have changed now (and this could make a huge difference on final performance result).

Again, looking forward to see a good 99% backtest with all current rules applied.

Thank you,

Fabio
                            Last edited by Prasadast71; 11-18-2013, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• Any trades on this new signal yet?

Comment

• 2 open long positions on GBPJPY. none closed yet

Comment

Working...
                                X