• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0.5 here Okda! ;-)

Originally posted by Okda View Post
    are you guys using risk 1x ?

Comment

• Sorry I was talking to sushi85 and kitesurfer
      Anyone using the recommended risk multiplier of 0.5x by SS his DD should not be more than 8 percent
      Unless his account is less than double the master account
      Last edited by Okda; 11-25-2013, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Yes, just noticed 5 open positions. But also there is only 1 pair opened and not 2. So does this mean that if there is a single pair then it will be 20% and 8 positions?

Comment

• Okda , ST account had a DD of 28.8% at some point . I thought that it would give a DD of 14.4% at 0.5x . Do you think it is more like 8% ?

Comment

• 20.3% DD..... 5 open positions, risk 0.5. Did see it get to 24% DD at one point.

Comment

• Hi Night Watch,

If you're having such a big DD it's because you're trading the signal with a $100 USD account; and it was advised $400 to be the minimum recommended. Because independently of the risk setting, no one can trade with smaller positions than 0.01 lots.

Sorry pal,
              Vic

Comment

• Originally posted by Okda View Post
                Sorry I was talking to sushi85 and kitesurfer
                Anyone using the recommended risk multiplier of 0.5x by SS his DD should not be more than 8 percent
                Unless his account is less than double the master account
                I am aware of the risk settings Okda, I use 0.25, but are you aware of the risk that this trade holds... (your 8% is incorrect) It far exceeds what we have been told and I don't like been fed rubbish.

Comment

• Originally posted by VictorTous View Post
                  Hi Night Watch,

If you're having such a big DD it's because you're trading the signal with a $100 USD account; and it was advised $400 to be the minimum recommended. Because independently of the risk setting, no one can trade with smaller positions than 0.01 lots.

Sorry pal,
                  Vic
                  My account was at $4300 USD prior to the opening of the basket.... however I just checked and my risk setting is set at 1 not 0.5... so my fault (lot size 0.34). Account would be in about 10% DD had I had the setting I thought I did.

Have made sure it is now set at 0.5

Comment

• Hey guys, i know there is more than 10% DD on this basket. Market opened 30 pips gap up on GBPNZD and from there it retraced little bit, thats the reason we are seeing this DD. For now i wil keep the whole account DD at 20%, and the next currency pair trade wil not happen till this is resolved. So overall 20% rule i am following. Please have patience on this currency pair as its in a strong trend.

Sorry for the worries that i created.
                    Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Hi Vijay,

If this is a scalper signal (as per the name) why are there multiple positions (grid?!) open? Should it not be called Smart Swingtrader

The reason I ask is because yes the trend is strong but we will be in this position for the whole week to get above BE by the looks of the shorter trend. That's not really scalping?

Comment

• Kindly read the description of the trading style in the first few posts and check the myfxbook history
                        Title is not everything ;-)

Comment

• its at 20% now, i want to close , wat do u guys say?
                          Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Yes, think you have to close all positions NOW
                            Henri

Comment

• You should have closed already at 10%!

Comment

• Hi SS,

I'm surprised you're asking about closing! You're the trader and we put trust on you. You should know what to do...
                                Doesn't look like a reversal is coming soon.

Henri

Comment

Working...
                                X