Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anton123 View Post
    I still have trust on Vijay as well.
    Just seems that he's a market maker now, with all his followers once he's out (like with last GBPAUD sell closed), the market immediately turns...
    Very true.Happened 2 times within 3 months now.Lets see this time.

Comment

• Hello Vijay,

As Scalper takes it's entries on rules not designed for moves seen in GBPAUD today, seasoned followers know that this might lead to DD in special market situations.
      As special market situations are somewhat unpredictable everyone of us is "hardened" in one way or the other to weather it out.
      For new followers it might be a totally different experience as they don't expect and embrace this as part of trading Forex.

Therefore I would like to suggest to not only disable the pairs that are more vulnerable to high risk events but to not let Scalper take trades on events like elections, referendums and NFP at all.

Out of my perspective it might reduce overall performance of the signal but would give more peace of mind to some followers also.
      Of course one thing to ask would be if the followers would agree on taking a disadvantage in performance while reducing the risk on the more predictable high volatility moments of the markets.

Keep up the good work and kind regards
      ESG

Comment

• Lol Chubby, I have exactly the same. Just started today with smart2 and late august with viper. Perfect timing isn't really my thing as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ESG View Post
          Hello Vijay,

As Scalper takes it's entries on rules not designed for moves seen in GBPAUD today, seasoned followers know that this might lead to DD in special market situations.
          As special market situations are somewhat unpredictable everyone of us is "hardened" in one way or the other to weather it out.
          For new followers it might be a totally different experience as they don't expect and embrace this as part of trading Forex.

Therefore I would like to suggest to not only disable the pairs that are more vulnerable to high risk events but to not let Scalper take trades on events like elections, referendums and NFP at all.

Out of my perspective it might reduce overall performance of the signal but would give more peace of mind to some followers also.
          Of course one thing to ask would be if the followers would agree on taking a disadvantage in performance while reducing the risk on the more predictable high volatility moments of the markets.

Keep up the good work and kind regards
          ESG
          ESG, one would argue that not trading the special events you talk of would actually increase the performance. Vijay said he'd disabled other pairs. But yes as you mention these larger events we don't need to be in them. I would say regularly NFP would be fine but the last 3 of this year I would classify as big events. Sometimes not having a position, is the best position.

Anyway Vijay has done really well but hopefully like you say this can be looked into. Shane for so much of his hardworking to go down in just 1 hour.

Even if it was turned on 15m after the event we'd all have made good pips. Something to think upon.

Good luck Vijay to steer the ship mate. Appreciate all your work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
            Even if it was turned on 15m after the event we'd all have made good pips. Something to think upon.
            at least wait 3 minutes after NFP would have been a very different scenario here and likely a lot of positive pips at the end of the basket... to let the EA to trade on the release of the more famous and biggest existing news was almost an overconfident rookie mistake... I believe that this will be a lesson hard learnt for everybody here
            Last edited by BMM; 11-06-2015, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Hi Big River Man,

Being in for the ride for some time I'm quite sure that if you try to reduce the risk in a system that's proven to be profitable you may end up with a zero sum game or even spiral down in losses.
              Nevertheless everyone should be aware of black swan/monday events that we had this year already.
              We're all exposed to not only kill our trading accounts by MC but to face a situation that we might owe much more to the broker that we thought of was possible if we are caught in a market condition that will not respect our set SL.

What's the point for me is that all of us are responsible to view the market closely and act at the time we decide what's the "right" thing to do for ourselves.
              A signal provider knows that his system might fail in certain market conditions and it's his knowledge that should enable him to protect his followers to a certain degree.

I trust the signal providers that I follow with my accounts 100%. BUT to speak with the words of Metallica. Do you trust who I trust: Me, Myself and I.

Hail to Vijay,
              ESG

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
              ESG, one would argue that not trading the special events you talk of would actually increase the performance. Vijay said he'd disabled other pairs. But yes as you mention these larger events we don't need to be in them. I would say regularly NFP would be fine but the last 3 of this year I would classify as big events. Sometimes not having a position, is the best position.

Anyway Vijay has done really well but hopefully like you say this can be looked into. Shane for so much of his hardworking to go down in just 1 hour.

Good luck Vijay to steer the ship mate. Appreciate all your work.
              Last edited by ESG; 11-07-2015, 12:21 AM.

Comment

• Also considering the last basket ended in profit with 99.99% pure luck of a spike after which price dropped sharply. .. considering this pair's method of trading should be reviewed imo ..
                Thnx

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

• Where did the GA end up at Friday close? My MT4 platform shows 2.13469 my open trades on Simpletrader are showing 2.13887 and XE website shows 2.13660?????? Let's hope for a big gap down for open Monday.

Comment

• Hey Guys, we have around 4.5% DD after closing one in loss. I ll try to exit at BE with the current basket or book some profit tutti reduce the overall loss.
                    Expecting some favorable moves on Monday

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
                    Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Guys, just read the panic from yesterday>> old subs are freaking out and what to say about those that just joined. Whats the point of everybody saing same thing over and over? Im on same boat and agree with most said but lets just relax we all know the risks and vijey got this covered.

Comment

• It depends on WHICH price (ask or bid) they are showing. AxiTrader shows 2.1343-2.1364. It's too early to speak about the possible weekend gap. Check www.fxstreet.com tomorrow: they provide quotes during the weekend and give the idea of the gap expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                          Hey Guys, we have around 4.5% DD after closing one in loss. I ll try to exit at BE with the current basket or book some profit tutti reduce the overall loss.
                          Expecting some favorable moves on Monday

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
                          Hi Vijay, Thanks for keeping us up to date with your plan.
                          I have full confidence that you can get us out with minimal loss overall or break even currently as you say.
                          We have seen similar situations before and being a long time follower (from before the SNB removed the CHF peg), I believe you have this under control.
                          Guys, don't panic, Vijay is a skilled trader. He can keep his head cold even during hard times such as this

Comment

• Here are some interesting results I got when analyzing Smart Scalper's trades. I was interested to know how often it is wrong on entering the first trade of a basket. So,
                            6.11 GBPAUD - 4 trades in the basket
                            2.11 GBPAUD - 3 trades
                            30.10 GBPAUD - 2 trades
                            20.10 EURNZD - 1 trade
                            20.10 EURNZD - 1 trade
                            16-19.10 EURNZD - 3 trades
                            16.10 EURNZD - 1 trade
                            14.10 GBPNZD - 1 trade
                            14.10 GBPNZD - 1 trade
                            13.10 GBPAUD - 1 trade
                            13.10 GBPAUD - 1 trade
                            12.10 GBPNZD - 1 trade
                            8.10 EURNZD - 1 trade
                            8.10 EURNZD - 1 trade
                            8.10 EURNZD - 1 trade
                            7.10 GBPNZD - 1 trade
                            7.10 GBPNZD - 1 trade
                            6.10 GBPNZD - 1 trade
                            2.10 GBPNZD - 3 trades

What does this mean, is:
                            - Vijay is mostly right with his first entry;
                            - If he's wrong, and opens a 2nd trade, you can almost certainly enter against Vijay In only one case, the basket was done with 2 trades (and you would lose your counter-trade). In 4 other cases, you would win your counter-trade (moving from Vijay's 2nd to 3rd entry), and therefore reduce your loss (or even win overall, if Vijay ends in breakeven).
                            Basically, two things:
                            - Vijay's mostly right;
                            - When he's wrong, he's wrong for good

Comment

• Originally posted by Anton123 View Post
                              Here are some interesting results I got when analyzing Smart Scalper's trades. I was interested to know how often it is wrong on entering the first trade of a basket. So,
                              6.11 GBPAUD - 4 trades in the basket
                              2.11 GBPAUD - 3 trades
                              30.10 GBPAUD - 2 trades
                              20.10 EURNZD - 1 trade
                              20.10 EURNZD - 1 trade
                              16-19.10 EURNZD - 3 trades
                              16.10 EURNZD - 1 trade
                              14.10 GBPNZD - 1 trade
                              14.10 GBPNZD - 1 trade
                              13.10 GBPAUD - 1 trade
                              13.10 GBPAUD - 1 trade
                              12.10 GBPNZD - 1 trade
                              8.10 EURNZD - 1 trade
                              8.10 EURNZD - 1 trade
                              8.10 EURNZD - 1 trade
                              7.10 GBPNZD - 1 trade
                              7.10 GBPNZD - 1 trade
                              6.10 GBPNZD - 1 trade
                              2.10 GBPNZD - 3 trades

What does this mean, is:
                              - Vijay is mostly right with his first entry;
                              - If he's wrong, and opens a 2nd trade, you can almost certainly enter against Vijay In only one case, the basket was done with 2 trades (and you would lose your counter-trade). In 4 other cases, you would win your counter-trade (moving from Vijay's 2nd to 3rd entry), and therefore reduce your loss (or even win overall, if Vijay ends in breakeven).
                              Basically, two things:
                              - Vijay's mostly right;
                              - When he's wrong, he's wrong for good
                              If you got time and confidence then go for it.

Comment

• Hi Anton,

This analysis doesn't cover the complete history of the the positions taken.
                                Would you mind to extend this to the beginning of the signal?

Cheers,
                                ESG

Comment

Working...
                                X