No announcement yet.

FxTurtle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for posting your last week's results.

From what I can see, IC Markets/NY VPS have a positive slippage of +1 compared to Master account.

One follower is using a Tickmill Demo without VPS and his location is in the UK with 22 ms round-turn latency from his home to Tickmill's server.

Result:
    Pips: +423, which is 8 pips better than Master Account

However, this is a demo account, which we cannot base an informed decision.
    If performance hold up, he will setup a live Tickmill Account with VPS also in London, so stay tuned.

Cheers,
    FxTurtle

Comment

Hello foxmajster,

Using a VPS in NY while having SimpleTrader servers in London and broker servers in London would add up latency two times over the Atlantic Ocean.
      Typical latency NY to London is around 180 milliseconds to SimpleTrader for my VPS located in NY.
      This will add up to roughly 360 milliseconds without processing time for your instruction reaching your broker to open or close a position.

With this setup, of course only out of my perception, you would be better up with using a VPS located in London as well.

Just my 2 cents,

ESG

Originally posted by foxmajster View Post
      hi fxurtle and others,
      as one of the early birds who started on 3rd of May let me share my results and my setup for broker/VPS evaluation:

Broker: Tickmill (Exchange account)
      VPS: w2cloud.com NewYork server (Enterprise A)
      using Simpletrader copier with LotSize multipler 1x

week 3.May-8.May:
      result: 392.8 pips
      slippage: -22.3 pips (5%)

I think the setup works just fine considering that VPS is located in NY while the broker is in London.
      If anyone wants to analyze further here is Myfxbook link (please look only at pips stats because I will change balance and risk settings in the future):
      http://www.myfxbook.com/members/foxm...signal/1227144

Oh and last but not least: that was some fine trading this week. Keep it up!

cheers, fox

Comment

Are Tickmill available in London as i am based in the uk Turtle.Do you have a managed account.

Comment

Originally posted by phillipnaz View Post
          Are Tickmill available in London as i am based in the uk Turtle.Do you have a managed account.
          Hi Phillip,

Tickmill is not based in the UK, they are based in Seychelles. Their trading servers are in London, UK.

I don't have a managed account because I do not hold a relevant license to manage other people's money.

Cheers,
          FxTurtle

Comment

Ok cheers Turtle for your reply i like your stats looking good.

Comment

My stats for
              Week ended May 8th:

Pips: 181.6
              Pip difference from Master: -233.4
              Broker: AxiTrader
              VPS Location: NYC

Big negative difference in pips. I only had 94 trades versus 115 in the master. I attribute this to my ST setting of "Max slippage in pips" to 1. I've now set it to the default of 3 - see how the next week goes.

Despite the negative difference in pips, still happy with the profitable week.

Comment

Originally posted by i_shla View Post
                My stats for
                Week ended May 8th:

Pips: 181.6
                Pip difference from Master: -233.4
                Broker: AxiTrader
                VPS Location: NYC

Big negative difference in pips. I only had 94 trades versus 115 in the master. I attribute this to my ST setting of "Max slippage in pips" to 1. I've now set it to the default of 3 - see how the next week goes.

Despite the negative difference in pips, still happy with the profitable week.
                Thanks I_shla for posting your performance.

To clarify i-shla performance, his posted stats is for the month of May, since he started receiving signal on May 1st, but the rest started on May 3rd.

Friday, May 1st was a losing day for master account with a lose of -23 pips on that day.

Total trades for the month: 115
                Total trades from May 3rd - May 8th: 84

I hope all of you will have the same number of trades as the master account. 1 or 2 missed profitable trades of FxTurtle can make a big difference in your performance.

Cheers,
                FxTurtle
                Last edited by fxturtle; 05-10-2015, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Hello Traders,

I am extending my offer to 4 more souls to receive my signals. This offer will expire on Sunday, 10 PM EST, May 10th.

I am doing this because from the current 5 souls brokers, no soul is using a UK broker and no soul is using a US-Client friendly broker.

1. You must follow the signal on a live Account
                  2. You broker must be one of the following: LMAX, FXCM UK, MYFXCHOICE PRO, TALLINEX ECN-Pro Account
                  3. You are willing to post your performance (in pips) here at the end of each week
                  4. You are willing to pay US$15.735/month (Simpletrader Copier cost plus Paypal charges) from start until the end of your lifetime

If you meet the criteria above and is interested, please reply to the thread of your interest and mention your broker. The first 4 souls that will reply that have one of the brokers listed above will be considered.

Cheers,
                  FxTurtle
                  Last edited by fxturtle; 05-10-2015, 02:50 AM.

Comment

How much a month are the cost Turtle

Comment

How much a month are the cost Turtle
                      Hi Phillip,

Please See Criteria #4.

Cheers,
                      FxTurtle

Comment

Is that just under 16 dollars

Comment

Is that just under 16 dollars
                          Yes Phillip, that is just under US$16.

Cheers,
                          FxTurtle

Comment

Nice one and i just need a uk broker im with Axitrader at the moment. And i would need to connect to simpletrader copier.Do you receive signals then manage the trade yourself.

Comment

Nice one and i just need a uk broker im with Axitrader at the moment. And i would need to connect to simpletrader copier.Do you receive signals then manage the trade yourself.
                              I don't receive signals, I enter and exit and manage my own trades.

Comment

So i would just follow you on the trade copier.

Comment

Working...
                                X