X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fxturtle
    replied
    February performance update:

The month of February ended with a modest gain, but well below my target. The first two weeks saw gain over +600 pips only to be erased during the last two weeks and reduced it to only +300 pips at the end of February.

Cheers,
    Fxturtle

Leave a comment:

• fxturtle
    replied
    February 21st performance update:

All accounts ended negative for the week ended February 21st, but still positive MTD and YTD.

Cheers,
    FxTurtle

Leave a comment:

• fxturtle
    replied
    Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
    Hi Turtle, Looks good for a small sample size though.

I have a question. Are you one person trading the 4 accounts? i have seen your other 3 accounts earlier. If you are trading alone and you dont have a team and if you are a manual trader, managing 4 at a time will be tough. really tough. What do you say.
    I am the only one trading all accounts manually. No robots allowed for entering a trade, only for exiting a trade (I use Compuforex Trail EA to manage my winners when I am not in front of my computer)

I have four accounts, but basically I am only managing two because the first three accounts are similar 95% of the time. The master account I use is the Moderate Turtle, which sends signals to FxTurtle and Conservative Turtle using MT4i. The difference is the position sizing and exits and once in a while I take standalone trades in FxTurtle. The "Dumb Ass" strategy is also 70% similar, with the difference of more scalping with really small lot size.

Cheers,
    FxTurtle
    Last edited by fxturtle; 02-15-2014, 04:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SmartTrader
    replied
    Hi Turtle, Looks good for a small sample size though.

I have a question. Are you one person trading the 4 accounts? i have seen your other 3 accounts earlier. If you are trading alone and you dont have a team and if you are a manual trader, managing 4 at a time will be tough. really tough. What do you say.

Leave a comment:

• fxturtle
    replied
    Strategy restarted on 9/22/2014
    Last edited by fxturtle; 10-04-2014, 09:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fxturtle
    replied
    Last edited by fxturtle; 10-04-2014, 09:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fxturtle
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick View Post
    Was that across all your accounts?
    Yes Nick, but all accounts are still positive for the month and overall, but it should have been much, much more positive by the end of this month.

The good thing is that previous historical DD of all accounts were not breached.

Since I had strings of loses, I have to take profits at lower level than my normal trading to recover those loses. I had to close two instances of GJ shorts for a total of only +130, which if I was not in recovery mode could have fetched over +500 pips.

Lastnight, I shorted GA at 1.8970 and was up by +30. Since I have to limit DD, I moved my stop 15 pips above my entry (initial was 30 pips above entry) then market stopped me out and proceeded to go south for over +200 from my entry point.

It was the fear of possible higher DD that I set for my accounts that prevented possibilities.

We'll the market is not going anywhere.

Cheers,
    FxTurtle
    Last edited by fxturtle; 01-30-2014, 05:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by fxturtle View Post
    I am totally disappointed in my performance the last 8 days.

Reason for loses and under performance: Fear of losing. It prevented possibilities in the last 8 trading days.

Cheers,
    FxTurtle
    Was that across all your accounts?

Leave a comment:

• fxturtle
    replied
    I am totally disappointed in my performance the last 8 days.

Reason for loses and under performance: Fear of losing. It prevented possibilities in the last 8 trading days.

Cheers,
    FxTurtle

Leave a comment:

• fxturtle
    replied
    Last edited by fxturtle; 10-04-2014, 09:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WillT
    replied
    Hi FXturtle - I'm sorry but this was put under moderation for some reason. I've accepted the post now so it will be live in the forum

Leave a comment:

• fxturtle
    started a topic FxTurtle

FxTurtle

Hello traders,

TRADING METHOD:

Manual trading.
    No trades are carried over the weekend.

Trading Style:

Trend following and scalping with tight Stop Loss

Traded pair:
    EURUSD, USDJPY