SiamFX Signals - anyone using this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Timo,

This may be true for the Siam Directional account, but the Siam Razor has an average duration of trades less than 3 hours. If they strike multiple losses quickly there's no failsafe to the overall total loss of the signal in 1 day.

Originally posted by timo View Post
    I don't think you'd run into this particular problem with SiamFX.

I've not seen their system rack up any significant losses so far just by successive individual trades going badly. I don't think they close trades that go aginst them right away, they either scalp quickly or grid into positions.

The only time they rack up a big floating DD is when they have a big grid style position(s) open.

So in this situation the ST Max DD setting would do it's job, and close out all trades at 20% etc.

Comment

• True that.

Might be an idea to post that question over on their SiamFX forum.

Something to keep in mind is the past few months have been extraordinarily quiet for both of their systems, compared to Dec-Apr.
      So their ECN stats may or may not be a true reflection of its true potential.

Unfortunately since they won't give out free trials of the ECN system to Directional members, any current ECN subs are part of the elite 'paying test group' :P

Comment

• I emailed Siamfx asking their recommendation on switching to the ecn account or not. Their advice was if you're happy with the directional account there's no reason to change.

I think I'll be staying with the older signal for the moment

Comment

• Me too Pearcey2.

I would only consider moving to the ECN signal if I was running it on cTrader, with the broker server in the UK.

Anything else would be asking for a slip-fest catastrophe

Personally I don't think they've done enough testing on the ECN account via the trade copier, and they are grossly underestimating the impact of slippage via the copier.

And not letting current DirectionalFX members trial it for free (or reduced rate) is a bit cheap IMHO.

Comment

• Here's a public account following both signals therefore you can see the +/- slippage. http://www.myfxbook.com/members/4xlee

We have made sure we've done everything that we can do to make our signals as fast as possible.

Our trading accounts are 2ms from trading servers in UK.

Customers will have the latency from the Trade Copier ( from our UK VPS to SimpleTrader VPS) + the latency for customers to open their own orders ( SimpleTrader VPS to your VPS, then to the Trading Server). In this amount of time, price moves either in or against your position creating +/- slippage. This can't be avoided for obvious reasons however you can still achieve profits by following the recommendations.

USE UK BASED SERVER + ECN Account with a UK Based VPS

Comment

• Originally posted by siamfx View Post
              Here's a public account following both signals therefore you can see the +/- slippage. http://www.myfxbook.com/members/4xlee

We have made sure we've done everything that we can do to make our signals as fast as possible.

Our trading accounts are 2ms from trading servers in UK.

Customers will have the latency from the Trade Copier ( from our UK VPS to SimpleTrader VPS) + the latency for customers to open their own orders ( SimpleTrader VPS to your VPS, then to the Trading Server). In this amount of time, price moves either in or against your position creating +/- slippage. This can't be avoided for obvious reasons however you can still achieve profits by following the recommendations.

USE UK BASED SERVER + ECN Account with a UK Based VPS
              Good to see you on the forum Siam. I know a lot of members here will appreciate your input.
              Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Hi,

I can confirm that using Razor ECN with Armada on CNS gives quite good results.
                Slippage is mixed between positive and negative compared to main account, but generally overall positive.
                Executions also looks great.

Cheers
                Last edited by SpiderX; 07-31-2014, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• Looks like Siamfx have shut down their forum due to the overwhelming response.

@timo...hopefully this is not the start of the exit plan which you have spelt out for them.
                  Wonder if the shutting down of the forum means they are not entertaining refunds.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpiderX View Post
                    Looks like Siamfx have shut down their forum due to the overwhelming response.

@timo...hopefully this is not the start of the exit plan which you have spelt out for them.
                    Wonder if the shutting down of the forum means they are not entertaining refunds.
                    It most definitely looks like their exit plan is well and truly underway.

As I alluded to earlier, this plan of thiers has obviously been in the works for well over a month now.

They must have known the accounts had a decent probability of crashing. Hence why they cut of support a few weeks ago.

Now they are completely un-contactable. Next phase is removing the website altogether, so they remove their identity from the internet permanently.

And they have the bloody cheek to direct Support requests to SimpleTrader site. Nick - you should put a stop to that, you wouldn't want to be associated with Siam in any way.

Clients have f**k all chance of a PayPal refund I'm sad to say ... they will roll out some standard bullsh&t like 'forex is risky blah blah blah' and walk away with tens of thousands of signal fees ... this industry is getting worse i swear ...

Comment

• Nick,
                      Do you have any communication with the vendor ?
                      Are they closing shop ?
                      There are probably a lot of subscribers out there left with a load of NU buy trades with no idea what to do with them.

To think of it...most likely Nick already has loads of emails from other subscribers about them.
                      Unfortunately, it is not really fair that he has to end up handling this mess.
                      Last edited by SpiderX; 09-13-2014, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• I realize they removed the tab for the forum but they now have a new trading plan tab.
                        I feel that though they haven't had the best customer support, or support at all. At least they had the guts to admit that they reached a margin call on directionalFx and didn't disappear straight off the net. Let's see how it goes for the razor. If they can trade out of this. NU seems to have hit some support finally at the .8145 level. Though the .8080 level has much stronger support.

Comment

• Hi shawntan

If their current plan is the same plan that they are using for directional prior to its demise then we definitely have something to be concerned about.
                          My guess is that they probably guessed that certain levels are strong support and were wrong the last few times hence the mess we are in right now. My only conundrum now is that while i can't be at my com 24/7 monitoring the trades, i also can't trust them to maneuver us out of this. Good luck to all of us.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by SpiderX View Post
                            Hi shawntan

If their current plan is the same plan that they are using for directional prior to its demise then we definitely have something to be concerned about.
                            My guess is that they probably guessed that certain levels are strong support and were wrong the last few times hence the mess we are in right now. My only conundrum now is that while i can't be at my com 24/7 monitoring the trades, i also can't trust them to maneuver us out of this. Good luck to all of us.

Cheers
                            Same here. I agree with you fully. But I really do hope they get out of this mess. I lost a lot of money when I manually closed all the NU trades. But if they can recover then I'll be able to get back what I've lost. Are you still connected to them? good luck to all of us.

Comment

• Myfxbook final state screenshot

Because they deleted their forum and are probably in the process of cleaning their traces, I took a screenshot of the Directional MyFXBook page while it is still available:

SiamFX Directional - Final State.png

Comment

• They starting to move out. Now they are worry about REFUNDS, because PAYPAL offers 45 day hold of funds after purchase. All subscribers that want to REFUND money must make it through PAYPAL account! Just hurry up to request refund, because they stopped to offer a signal before subscription period is over!

Comment

Working...
                                X