Ceasar2 signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SpiderX View Post
    It has been a tough month for Nick with this and other stuff going on around.
    Hope everyone here will be patient and kind with their words.

Cheers
    Agreed ... good call

Comment

• Same problem here with multiple trades

Comment

• Will has done a video explaining the issue in detail.

Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Timo,

As you using ICM? I am using Thinkforex with similar problem on slippage.

Regards
          Yee

Originally posted by timo View Post
          Todays basket on ICM + STVPS:

Total Pip Slippage: -68.9 pips
          Total pips: -38.2 pips

The master made 0.43%.
          I lost -0.50%
          Winning

How'd everyone else do?

Comment

• Originally posted by erelation View Post
            Timo,

As you using ICM? I am using Thinkforex with similar problem on slippage.

Regards
            Yee
            Yep ICM MT4 + STVPS

Comment

• minus 54.1pips on ICM- looked at another way, this weeks profit & little bit more, so largely back to where the account was end of last week. At least the capital was preserved to trade another day & glad Will's on to it. One positive from these disasters is that the systems are strengthened for future protection. Just a bit irritating to see the master got 30.7 pips though, trying not to look at it again.
              Other official Caesar ac on fx primus 74 pips.
              Last edited by littlemax; 09-11-2014, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• Broker's dream trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by ralf View Post
                  Broker's dream trade.
                  Yeah, Caesar is paying for the ICM xmas party this year I'm sure

Comment

• Fixable errors make me happier than unfixable ones....

Comment

• Nicks test accounts cTrader vs. MT4

nickstest.png
                      Had a look again at Nick's two test accounts. Will has mentioned that cTrader is now running in parallel-execution mode. The performance lines on the chart still show a slight advantage of MT4 (red line) over cTrader, including the self-composed trade of the copier last night.
                      Perhaps cTrader doesn't like grid trading.
                      The chart contains just 10 data points. That is not much till now, lets see how things develop.
                      Last edited by ralf; 09-11-2014, 12:16 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Bare in mind that last night the trades would execute 1 by 1 - because the copier wouldn't allow a duplicate trade to be opened if it was already open. So it would wait for a close before doing so.

So last night you'd still see the same execution as MT4 to be honest.

Comment

• Hi Will I appreciate this does not remedy the problem encountered but if some signals do not use partial close then is it possible to have the magic number option available for them. I assume if a signal uses partial closes these would need to be highlighted or a solution found.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillT View Post
                            Bare in mind that last night the trades would execute 1 by 1 - because the copier wouldn't allow a duplicate trade to be opened if it was already open. So it would wait for a close before doing so.
                            So last night you'd still see the same execution as MT4 to be honest.
                            Understood and accepted :]
                            The other point I was curious about was the rumour about the better execution performance of cTrader in general. That seems not to be the case. Even though we have now comparison results of just 10 baskets, these represent nearly 150 trades.

PS: C2 is currently with a long position on the battlefield and will hopefully fight us out of the DD :]
                            Last edited by ralf; 09-11-2014, 01:26 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• When MT4 closes a partial, the magicnumber for that trade is used multiple times. Sort of makes sense from mt4's point of view, however this has meant we weren't easily able to check the trade history for the magic number as partials would screw it up and partials wouldn't open properly.

So we've come up with a new way to handle this and we will now check the history again if the trade isn't a partial trade.

This should rectify this problem - even though I can't even get this replicated inhouse because it was much of a fluke. Even though I'm beyond annoyed that this happened... as you can imagine we don't want stuff like this happening!

Comment

• What do you think ctrader is better or mt4 for ceaser?

Comment

Working...
                                X