Ceasar2 signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was a close one.
    If it had gone the other way, we would be banging our heads now.
    Hope Nick is able to figure out what went wrong.

Cheers

Comment

• Sender was running on more than 1 chart which caused it to duplicate.

We've asked Tomas to make sure the sender is only running one instance.

Comment

• no I'm pretty sure it is Simpletrader EA problem... Sometimes happend to me that in my vendor panel is opened trade but actually the trade was already closed...still showing as open in control panel even it was closed few days ago...I talking general not about caesar..I need to restart mt4 platform and than suddenly open trade desapeare...I think that help desk told me to restart platform...it was about three months ago...so nothing changed as I can see.. If this happening on slave EA why not on Master EA?.. deffinetely EA problem.

Comment

• How did everyone do today with Caesar2?

For me the first two baskets closed without too much slippage, however the last one had quite a bit of negative slippage. -7 pips and -33.3 pips negative slippage
          Last edited by kmf; 10-01-2014, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Last basket (12 positions)
            master: +42,90 pips
            me: +21,30 pips
            slippage: -21,60 pips (-50,35%)
            one of his private Clients: +37,50 pips -33% Performance fee (=12,375 pips) +25,13 pips
            Last edited by signalfollower; 10-01-2014, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jules View Post
              no I'm pretty sure it is Simpletrader EA problem... Sometimes happend to me that in my vendor panel is opened trade but actually the trade was already closed...still showing as open in control panel even it was closed few days ago...I talking general not about caesar..I need to restart mt4 platform and than suddenly open trade desapeare...I think that help desk told me to restart platform...it was about three months ago...so nothing changed as I can see.. If this happening on slave EA why not on Master EA?.. deffinetely EA problem.
              Tomas already contacted us to confirm it was him running the sender EA on multiple charts. He has now corrected this.

Comment

• The last basket of trades getting destroyed by cTrader now....

MT4: 76.5+ pips
                CTrader: 101 pips

Attached shows mt4 and ctrader compare trades. As you can see because cTrader can do a parallel close - it manages to close all these trades considerably faster than MT4 can - causing less slippage due to time wasted doing it one by one. You'll still see that cTrader even though closing in good time, still gets some general market slippage.

cmt4.pngcctrader.png

Comment

• To confirm - my analysis is based on today's multiple baskets, not just the one.

Comment

• 45.3 pips.
                    All 12 trades were closed in less than 1 sec on MT4 with a greater pip gain than Master.

Pips45.3.png

BasketClose.png

Bit of a Dog's Breakie but all 12 trades did close in less than 1 second. The 8 slaves and MT4 are busily working in parallel to close all the trades VERY QUICKLY.

DogsBreakie.png
                    Last edited by FxPhil; 10-01-2014, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FxPhil View Post
                      45.3 pips.
                      All 12 trades were closed in less than 1 sec on MT4 with a greater pip gain than Master.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]796[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]797[/ATTACH]

Bit of a Dog's Breakie but all 12 trades did close in less than 1 second. The 8 slaves and MT4 are busily working in parallel to close all the trades VERY QUICKLY.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]798[/ATTACH]
                      Wow great results Phil!

If you could get it to only close trades with a particular comment I'd be all over it!

Comment

• Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
                        Wow great results Phil!

If you could get it to only close trades with a particular comment I'd be all over it!
                        Could be done. However with ST the comment is the magic / master ticket number, which is different for every trade. Maybe define a Not2CloseMagic?

Comment

• I have no idea how programming EA's works. If you set the comment via the control panel your comment would look something like: [#2069374] Caesar

Could you ask it to look for a string within the comment so any comment that includes the string "Caesar" would be closed?

Comment

I have no idea how programming EA's works. If you set the comment via the control panel your comment would look something like: [#2069374] Caesar

Could you ask it to look for a string within the comment so any comment that includes the string "Caesar" would be closed?
                            That would be so awesome

Comment

I have no idea how programming EA's works. If you set the comment via the control panel your comment would look something like: [#2069374] Caesar

Sure but that is not the current case as far as I know. ST may need to add that feature to their EA. If you are trading on the same account with another EA (need to know it's magic number) or manually (magic number 0) then those trades could be excluded from the bulk MT4 Caesar2 close, which seems to be faster than CTrader.
                              Last edited by FxPhil; 10-01-2014, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FxPhil View Post
                                Sure but that is not the current case as far as I know. ST may need to add that feature to their EA. If you are trading on the same account with another EA (need to know it's magic number) or manually (magic number 0) then those trades could be excluded from the bulk Caesar2 close.
                                Actually you can set the comment in the control panel on the advanced settings tab. In mt4 the comment appears exactly as: [#2069374] Caesar

order comment.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X