Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you mean the VIP club ?

Comment

yes i did but already answered the question by popping in to the vip club area thanks anyway Okda

Comment

This signal seems to suffer from very severe slippage at times. There is a theory that the ST copier is partly responsible. Could this be true or is it all down to brokers? Its not just ICM by the looks of it.

Comment

I hope they are looking at a way to sort out the slippage from the copier.

Comment

Hi guys I've had a few people email support regarding this - and at this stage we do believe the market conditions forced bad closures on the trades. I've created a simulation and explained a little about how the copier works - hopefully you find this helpful. I'm frustrated you had poor execution but it looks to be very related to the market

Comment

Thanks Will. It looks like the problem resides with poor MT4 functionality. You'd think it would be easy enough for them to upgrade it to allow simultaneous closing of a basket rather than 'one by one'?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteApe View Post
                Thanks Will. It looks like the problem resides with poor MT4 functionality. You'd think it would be easy enough for them to upgrade it to allow simultaneous closing of a basket rather than 'one by one'?
                Yes, I agree that it appears to be a result of a number of factors, one being poor MT4 functionality.

We're very close to releasing cTrader as an option for you guys. The live tests we've been running on FX Viper are very promising, so this may help alleviate it in the future.
                Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by WillT View Post
                  Hi guys I've had a few people email support regarding this - and at this stage we do believe the market conditions forced bad closures on the trades. I've created a simulation and explained a little about how the copier works - hopefully you find this helpful. I'm frustrated you had poor execution but it looks to be very related to the market

http://www.youtube.com/embed/pFxWtASDODk
                  Great overview Will.
                  Does ctrader overcome these issues? I'm guessing if the market takes time to execute the orders it doesn't matter whether it comes from ctrader or mt4?

Comment

cTrader CAN multi task so we will be developing the bot to multi task where it can.

The beta version was a copy of the MT4 EA for sanity reasons because we utilise our same infrastructure. However as we progress through builds we are starting to utilise the power of what cTrader is capable of.

Comment

Hi guys, we've been in contact with Tomas and we've suggested that we setup our own live account and run cTrader to see if this alleviates any problems.

From what I can see the issue lies here:

The signal has a good amount of followers, with a basket of 10+ trades all closing at the same time. So you have X Followers * 10+ trades all trying to close at the same time. In simple terms, the handful of brokers get flooded with requests to close thousands of trades in a single second

Whats the plan?
                      - We will initially setup a live account using cTrader and upon next basket close we can compare to see if there are any benefits. cTrader does still use the same liqudity providers, however each broker is running a seperate server to run cTrader software so it is possible this is more to do with slow response from the brokers server and not liqudity (I am more inclined to say liquidity as we have seen this before when FX Amp had large number of subscribers)
                      - We are also going to run some tests on MT4 in the background trying to simulate the signal. This is a lot harder than it soundsd and we might not be able too - as effectively we need a lot of seperate account setup all running the same test signal.
                      - We will be in contact with IC Markets to see if they can see any delays on their server end at the time of this closure yesterday

Please be aware that we want this to work for both Tomas and his clients - so this is of utmost importance to us. That being said, we must approach this with an open mind. The forex markets are complex, and it is possible that the shear nature of the markets is causing slippage to occur.

I'll keep you all posted.

Comment

To update further on this - This signal had 2 trades close this morning at 2014/08/14 09:45:13 - almost the exact same time as yesterday morning (not that this is relevant)

Looking through all the closures on our system - we have 95% of people closing in an acceptable timeframe. I class acceptable as 2 seconds:

- EA recieves command to close
                        - EA closes
                        - EA reports back to our system

So generally I say that 2 seconds equates to more like 1.5seconds to actually close the trade as there are a few extra bits that the EA does before it tells our system that its closed.

So in this instance - with just 2 trade basket everything closed without issue. So now we will wait for a larger basket to see if this happens again.

* our ctrader live acc won't get setup for about 24 hours

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                          I follow this signal, and to be honest I'm not sure if I will continue for much longer. I feel it's a matter of WHEN and not IF it will have a 40% blow up

Sent from Uranus
                          Hi,

I am the provider of the signal.
                          40% DD can never happen as there is equity protection at 33%.
                          Anyway the master account is running for year with stable performance and usual DD less than 10%.
                          Peak DD was about 30% which is not much considering 15-20% monthly profit.

BR

Tomas

Comment

Hi guys, we've been in contact with Tomas and we've suggested that we setup our own live account and run cTrader to see if this alleviates any problems.

From what I can see the issue lies here:

The signal has a good amount of followers, with a basket of 10+ trades all closing at the same time. So you have X Followers * 10+ trades all trying to close at the same time. In simple terms, the handful of brokers get flooded with requests to close thousands of trades in a single second

Whats the plan?
                            - We will initially setup a live account using cTrader and upon next basket close we can compare to see if there are any benefits. cTrader does still use the same liqudity providers, however each broker is running a seperate server to run cTrader software so it is possible this is more to do with slow response from the brokers server and not liqudity (I am more inclined to say liquidity as we have seen this before when FX Amp had large number of subscribers)
                            - We are also going to run some tests on MT4 in the background trying to simulate the signal. This is a lot harder than it soundsd and we might not be able too - as effectively we need a lot of seperate account setup all running the same test signal.
                            - We will be in contact with IC Markets to see if they can see any delays on their server end at the time of this closure yesterday

Please be aware that we want this to work for both Tomas and his clients - so this is of utmost importance to us. That being said, we must approach this with an open mind. The forex markets are complex, and it is possible that the shear nature of the markets is causing slippage to occur.

I'll keep you all posted.
                            Working on cTrader testing. cTrader is great BTW in terms of execution and with IcMarkets you get great spread and leverage

Comment

To update further on this - This signal had 2 trades close this morning at 2014/08/14 09:45:13 - almost the exact same time as yesterday morning (not that this is relevant)

Looking through all the closures on our system - we have 95% of people closing in an acceptable timeframe. I class acceptable as 2 seconds:

- EA recieves command to close
                              - EA closes
                              - EA reports back to our system

So generally I say that 2 seconds equates to more like 1.5seconds to actually close the trade as there are a few extra bits that the EA does before it tells our system that its closed.

So in this instance - with just 2 trade basket everything closed without issue. So now we will wait for a larger basket to see if this happens again.

* our ctrader live acc won't get setup for about 24 hours
                              Will,

Are you able to set up a mt4 account running on the same server/broker etc for direct comparison? Just to see exactly what the difference is between the platform

Comment

Hey guys - Ok so CTrader is setup and running. I'll get this added to myfxbook shrotly.

Good idea regarding MT4 - I'll get another $500 setup on ICM on MT4.

Comment

Working...
                                X