Ceasar2 signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Will,

I am a subscriber for this signal...and also bought the statistics package to figure what was going wrong.
    It was possible to see the trade closing execution and also the amount of slippage.
    I contacted ICMarkets and provided them with the ticket number of those trades with closing execution >5s and also serious slippage.
    ICM was able to give details on each of these trades and prove that they were executed <500 ms.
    So whatever is causing the >5s execution...it is most likely not ICM's fault.

Will...could you repeat your video experiment with a London broker like Armada markets and see the difference compared to a US broker like IC Markets ?

Cheers

Comment

Just want to add one of my key gripes, it seems that simpletrader has partnerships with Axi/IC Markets who have their trading servers in NY...however ironically, the signal server is based in UK.
      Is there any possibility to have another signal server in NY ?
      That way signal providers using brokers with servers in NY host their signals in NY, while those using brokers with servers in LD, can host in the UK.
      That might be the best possible setup for everyone.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderX View Post
        Just want to add one of my key gripes, it seems that simpletrader has partnerships with Axi/IC Markets who have their trading servers in NY...however ironically, the signal server is based in UK.
        That way signal providers using brokers with servers in NY host their signals in NY, while those using brokers with servers in LD, can host in the UK.

Cheers
        the signal provider should move to a UK based broker because that will shave off the delay from IC markets NYC to ST Uk server. That would probably be the fastest implementation.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderX View Post

Cheers
          Also IC Markets ctrader servers are in London so if execution time is important to you maybe look to use that when it's available (possibly very soon)

Comment

Where the sender ea is located? Can this be one of the causes of the big delay?

Comment

Originally posted by siamfx View Post
              the signal provider should move to a UK based broker because that will shave off the delay from IC markets NYC to ST Uk server. That would probably be the fastest implementation.
              that has to be a good idea surely?

Comment

I'm not sure this will make a noticeable difference. Surely that delay is around 100ms or less

Comment

Hi Will,

Probably another thing which the analytics package need to track is the delay between the trade execution on the signal master and the trade being broadcast on the broadcast server.
                  That way it is possible on the user end to know what is the real delay due to latency between broadcast server and vps + trade execution latency.
                  To be honest, i dont see how the latter can add up to >5s.

Cheers

Comment

Hey Guys,

We've set up a test of Ceasar2 using both MT4 and cTrader under identical conditions for you to compare.

Both these accounts are hosted on the same VPS isolated from anything else that could cause a drain on resources.

Both are trading with IC Markets on identical leverage.

MT4 Test: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Nick...t4-test/998626

cTrader Test: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Nick...er-test/998623

The real issue is that brokers can't close thousands of trades at once during high volatility, however I'm expecting an improvement considering cTrader is regarded as having much faster execution than MT4.
                    Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Hi Nick,

That's cool, hope something good turns out from this experiment.
                      It would be great if you could post pics from your analytics page comparing both accounts as time goes on.

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                        The real issue is that brokers can't close thousands of trades at once during high volatility, however I'm expecting an improvement considering cTrader is regarded as having much faster execution than MT4.
                        I suspect you are right about that Nick, although its good to test it out empirically - thanks to you & Will for doing that. (Round 1 to MT4 lol).

It does raise the issue that some of the few successful signals will reach a point of diminishing returns, which is a real shame. Lets hope the competitive nature of the market means the brokers will continue to improve their capacity to deal with high volumes of orders at once.

Comment

Hi Nick,

Any chance you could have another MT4 platform hosted in NY just for comparison purposes ?

Cheers

Comment

One thing we need to bare in mind here which is seriously screwing the stats. And I don't think I've said anything about this as I only just thought of it now.

The cycle in which the EA's for both MT4 and cTrader would go in would be:

- 13 Trades to close
                            - EA loops through each of the 13 trades and closes each one
                            - EA THEN tells our servers they have closed.

So in this instance the reporting is a little screwed because it doesn't get told about the closure of each of hte trades until the very end of the final closure.

This works perfectly with single trades, but as soon as you go multiple baskets, you head into issues where the reports are going to show slower closures than were happening in real time.

The reason we do this is because the reports are the least important aspect in terms of copying trades. Yes its good we can look over the reports, but we all want the trades to close out as fast as possible.

I'm sorry I hadn't picked up on this before but I was just going through things step by step again. We've had a chat with IC Markets and we are sure that during those last trades there were serious market movements which caused general slippage.

I've changed the way in which the cTrader EA tells me information - so upon the next basket closure, I'll be able to tell if its closing fast in the market or not.

Comment

So just to keep going on this a little - The SLOWEST time in a basket - would actually be the entire time it took to close the whole basket.

slowest.png

So as you can see from this image - the slowest closure was 4.32 seconds - however this was the first trade to close in the basket and as such will be the one that was reported to our system last. Hence the entire basket took approx 4.32 seconds to close.

Now when we are talking 7 trades in an active market, 4.32 seconds to close the basket of 7 trades from start to finish isn't bad going. The EA has all the information to close all 7 trades, and on a normal execution of a trade we would probably say a broker takes approximately 0.5-1second to close a trade from transmission to closure:

- Trade sent to NY IC Markets trade server
                              - Trade sent to "integral"
                              - Liqudity is found
                              - Trade is closed

Comment

And another post

An example of cTrader closing out a trade recieved from the EA.

ctraderclosing.png

As you can see - The EA knows to close the trade at 22:25:06.533 - all the calculations and checks are done within the same millisecond - but it takes a further 400ms to actually fully close the trade.

This is in an ideal environment on a demo cTrader I'm using for development.

Comment

Working...
                                X