Ceasar2 signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick View Post
    I would say it's within the threshold of users that ICM can fill. They're also getting in before everyone on SimpleTrader (as much as I hate to admit it).

It would be interesting to test it on someone like Armada/LMAX. I believe they use different sources of liquidity.
    From experience...on CNS/Armada, the slippage is worse than Beeks/ICM.
    This is despite the fact that execution times are better on Armada.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderX View Post
      From experience...on CNS/Armada, the slippage is worse than Beeks/ICM.
      This is despite the fact that execution times are better on Armada.
      The "problem" with ICM is they have generally an excellent spread in EURUSD.

Comment

Originally posted by ralf View Post
        To my understanding, Armada spread on EU is around 0.1-0.2 pips most of the time, plus they promote themselves to be good for news trading.
        So should not be that different.

Comment

I think that's right. As the master is on ICM, he is getting excellent fills with low spread, so that already sets the bar really high to copy.
          Whereas when some signal providers use a demo account, or brokers with wider spreads, it makes it easier to beat or match the master.

Still, I'll be watching Nicks 2 test accounts at ICM with interest. Because in theory they should do the same as any of our accounts at ICM, since we are all in the ST boat.
          If there is still a big difference between those 2 test accounts, and any of ours, then the only variable then is the actual server @ ICM, or the position in the copier queue.

Nick, do you know what server your test account is on? The MT4 one that is ...

Comment

The problem here is that you're looking at the top of book pricing.

There might only be 10 or 20 lots available at that price, as soon as 100 clients try and push through a combined 1000 lots, orders will be pushed down the book.

That's what results in slippage.
            Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

So with ICM & C2 it's all about what position we are in the queue.

Seems like ICM have enough liquidity to fill all of Tomas's private clients, and a small % of ST clients without too much slippage.

Nick - what determines a ST clients position in the queue?

Say there are 10 ST clients using C2 and ICM. On a basket of 10 trades. For arguments sake let say your 2 accounts are #1 and #2, and my account is #10.

In this situation you would likely get very little slippage, and I would get considerable slippage.
              Even though the time between sending the orders is next to nothing, my trades would be hitting the ICM book 90 orders (9 clients x10 orders) below your orders.

Are the ST client positions randomly determined? Or based on signal join date? Or alphabetical? I'll change my name if it is ROFL ;D

Comment

Originally posted by timo View Post
                ..... Or alphabetical? I'll change my name if it is ROFL ;D
                If the sorting order is based on ASCII then a single space would be an excellent choice.

Comment

Originally posted by timo View Post
                  So with ICM & C2 it's all about what position we are in the queue.

Seems like ICM have enough liquidity to fill all of Tomas's private clients, and a small % of ST clients without too much slippage.

Nick - what determines a ST clients position in the queue?

Say there are 10 ST clients using C2 and ICM. On a basket of 10 trades. For arguments sake let say your 2 accounts are #1 and #2, and my account is #10.

In this situation you would likely get very little slippage, and I would get considerable slippage.
                  Even though the time between sending the orders is next to nothing, my trades would be hitting the ICM book 90 orders (9 clients x10 orders) below your orders.

Are the ST client positions randomly determined? Or based on signal join date? Or alphabetical? I'll change my name if it is ROFL ;D
                  It's completely random. Our copier cycles in tiny loops as your MT4 communicates with our system, so if you happen to be at the front of the loop when the order is placed then you'll get filled a fraction before the others.
                  Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

And let me point out it literally will be such a small fraction that in real terms I doubt it even matters when you have thousands of orders try and close if you are first or 100th i nthe queue. Fact is at that moment in time, the flood of orders will hammer liqudity.

Last week has been good on these closures though - still waiting for a biggen to slip!

Comment

Thanks Nick,

Good to know its randomly allocated. That way sounds the fastest. And means I don't have to change my name to '0x20'.

And thanks Will,

It sounds like ICM book potentially isn't deep enough to support both Tomas's private clients and the ST clients.
                      The top of book pricing is excellent, but the private clients are soaking it up too quickly, and leaving the ST clients the deeper pricing, which isn't so great.

Maybe it's actually a disadvantage sending our orders to ICM so quickly
                      Because its' throwing us at the tail end of the private client book queue.
                      I wonder what would happen if we sent the orders a few seconds later, after the book had been cleared out and pricing restored?

Anyway, looks like ICM is going to be like this for a while, unless they get access to more liquidity, or some of Tomas's clients leave.

Does cTrader use a different liquidity pool, since it's in UK? Does it use LMAX pool?

Comment

The EA starts as volatility starts to increase. How does it know? It is one thing using various indicators and S/R, but how do you measure short term volatility?

Comment

I guess that is a trade secret

Comment

NO MATTER HOW WELL THE SYSTEM PERFORM NOW, BASED ON MY 10 YEAR FOREX TRADING EXPERIENCE, NO STATIC TRADING SYSTEM WITHOUT HUMAN INTERVENTION WILL SURVIVE IN THE LONG RUN. THE SYSTEM MAY PERFECTLY FIT THE TRADING ENVIRONMENT NOW AS THE VOLATILITY IS LOWEST THIS YEAR. BUT SURE THAT ALL THE GAIN WILL LOSS IF THE MARKET ENVIRONMENT CHANGE.

Try to think that if there is a system in the world can earn 20% consistently, one year compound effect would be 890%. What is the price of the system should be? At least USD4,000,000. This price is the trading system of top investment bank. So how can we just spend USD99 each month to access. Think about it?

Comment

That's very true Chris.

And Tomas even said himself many times, C2 WILL hit a SL sooner or later. Perhaps as often as once per year.

Even though he has been live testing it for approx a year now, and it hasn't even come close to the SL levels, all it takes is a black swan event and it could quite easily take out a basket.

That's why he has basket protection at 30% at risk 1.

Even with 1 SL per year, it's still a very profitable system. You'd still even come out on top after 2, or possibly even 3 SLs.

Personally 1 run it at 0.5x risk, as 15% is the max loss I can tolerate at one time from 1 signal. YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by chris0212 View Post
                                Try to think that if there is a system in the world can earn 20% consistently, one year compound effect would be 890%. What is the price of the system should be? At least USD4,000,000. This price is the trading system of top investment bank. So how can we just spend USD99 each month to access. Think about it?
                                Ok, Tomas needs 1122 subscribers paying $99/m to make approximately $4,000,000 in 3 years. QED

Comment

Working...
                                X