Ceasar2 signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by imwrong View Post
    What do you think ctrader is better or mt4 for ceaser?
    Nick's test accounts are the source of data for comparison we have right now. He made 1% more with his MT4 account. MT4: 8.45%, cTrader: 7.48%.
    There is still the question open how cTrader's parallel execution works out. That feature is in place now since appr. the last three baskets. No visible advantage till now. However, when we get a trade with a higher number of executions then I will ask Nick again for the log files and have a look how thing operate in detail.

Comment

• Thanks Timo.

So it doesn't matter even if i have a ICM account as compare to holding Thinkforex account
      since ICM + STVPS also have similar slippage.

Originally posted by timo View Post
      Yep ICM MT4 + STVPS

Comment

• Originally posted by erelation View Post
        Thanks Timo.

So it doesn't matter even if i have a ICM account as compare to holding Thinkforex account
        since ICM + STVPS also have similar slippage.
        I can't really say if TF is better or worse. But I can say with some reasonably authority that ICM is possibly the worst broker in the world for C2.
        I would hazard a guess that InstaForex is better than ICM for C2 at present :P

Mostly because Tomas trades there for his private clients, so you may never see decent fills or slippage.

Most people would recommend Axi, or Global Prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by timo View Post
          I can't really say if TF is better or worse. But I can say with some reasonably authority that ICM is possibly the worst broker in the world for C2.
          I would hazard a guess that InstaForex is better than ICM for C2 at present :P

Mostly because Tomas trades there for his private clients, so you may never see decent fills or slippage.

It would be interesting to see if people trading out of the ECN environment are doing better. Brokers like EasyForex will give you a fixed spread and instant execution because they put it in house.
          Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
            It would be interesting to see if people trading out of the ECN environment are doing better. Brokers like EasyForex will give you a fixed spread and instant execution because they put it in house.
            I think trading C2 at a true MM broker like Insta, you would do very very well. But only for the first month or two.

Once they cottoned on to you winning regularly things may change in unexpected ways

So if you had the patience and tenacity, it would be a good experiment to shuffle between dodgy brokers every 2 months on a rotational system. But the biggest issue with this plan is that getting money out of those brokers is notoriously slow, and difficult. I remember it took me over 6 weeks once to get funds out of Insta.

Possibly at a massive MM broker it might fare better. As it would be easier to fly under the radar?

Comment

• Anyone got the analytics package subscribed to C2? They could tell us which brokers are doing best/worse?

One thing to keep note of...if someone connects an account with Armada for example but the signal has trades in DD then they'll get pretty significant positive slippage so the results are sometimes unreliable.

Nick,
              Could the analytics package filter out trades where the opening execution was >5s for example?

Comment

• Originally posted by timo View Post
                Hi timo,

How do you get the required leverage with GP...they usually dont offer more than 200:1.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by SpiderX View Post
                  Hi timo,

How do you get the required leverage with GP...they usually dont offer more than 200:1.

Cheers
                  Hey SpiderX,

I'm not sure actually. I'm not currently with GP.

But I know If you ask Jem he will give you a questionnaire to fill out, if you want higher leverage. I think they go as high as 400:1?

Good luck!

Comment

• Just ot update on yesterdays problem - We have a new EA which we can't roll out until after the weekend due to changes to EA servers.

We have also put in place a new check on the load balancers which checks if the DB servers are sync'd correctly - if they fall out of sync, they will get kicked out the load balancer. Which will stop you guys using them to get data, which would mean that this sort of problem could not happen.

Just a quick update, but we are working hard to improve things.

Comment

• Thanks Will,

Great work

Did you get any insights from those recent baskets into the ongoing slippage issue?

Comment

• Last basket on ICM + STVPS:

- 9 trades
                        - Total Pip Slippage: -15.8
                        - Total pips: 49

Around -25% slippage

Comment

• cTrader in this instance smashed MT4

ICM + MT4 = -16.5 pips
                          ICM + CTRADER = -11.6 pips

cTrader is running the version which will close all the trades in parallel - this seems to be working on baskets that have general delay.

I'll keep you posted on thsi chaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillT View Post
                            Just ot update on yesterdays problem - We have a new EA which we can't roll out until after the weekend due to changes to EA servers.

We have also put in place a new check on the load balancers which checks if the DB servers are sync'd correctly - if they fall out of sync, they will get kicked out the load balancer. Which will stop you guys using them to get data, which would mean that this sort of problem could not happen.

Just a quick update, but we are working hard to improve things.
                            Thank you Will for the update.

Do you confirm that a new version of simpletrader copier EA will be out in the next 48 hours?

Many Thanks.

Comment

• -14 on Axi on last basket

Comment

• Concern is that if/when it hits SL, there will be up to 50 trades in the basket, so the slippage could turn a 33% loss into a much larger loss, turning a dream signal into a nightmare. Thanks to Will though for testing the CTrader option.

Comment

Working...
                                X