BsB Swiss Fx - Signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi pearcey2

Ok. In weekly reports I will no more refer to the DD. Or I will calculate DD manual for weekly reports.
    Last edited by BsB_Swiss_FX; 05-11-2014, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
      the chart is always calculated at the end of each day. If a position is opened at the start of the day, goes into 29% dd but then turns around and closes all in the same day, the chart will not show any dd. However myfxbook still shows 29% as max dd.
      The problem is when you set a custom date, myfxbook calculates max dd only at the end of each day so it would not even show the 29% max dd

Hope this makes sense
      It's a good reason for signal providers to have MT4i as well as MyFXBook.

As pretty as it is, the floating loss / DD reporting of MyFXBook leaves a lot to be desired. Sometimes it is just plain wrong too, which is no help.

Not to mention, the stats can be easily manipulated, i.e. by using a $100 deposit, then adding massive future deposits - its an easy way to boost your 'growth'.
      And the end of day drawdown reporting is just plain dumb. It should be the peak drawdown of each day that is reported. Nothing else makes sense!!!

MT4i lets you have heaps more graphical reporting options, like equity/floating loss per hour.

Comment

Dd can be manipulated in myfxbook by not running it's ea while there are open trades in Dd
        That is what I complained about early in this thread and didn't get a definite reply from the vendor since his account stopped updating for several hours on Thursday and it was updated on Friday with no running trades

I wish connectforex will force vendors to show open trades always

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Okda View Post
          Dd can be manipulated in myfxbook by not running it's ea while there are open trades in Dd
          That is what I complained about early in this thread and didn't get a definite reply from the vendor since his account stopped updating for several hours on Thursday and it was updated on Friday with no running trades

I wish connectforex will force vendors to show open trades always

Agreed okda.

Comment

Okda and imwrong

On history on myfxbook you can see how many pips was DD on every position.Go over chart, on the right, on each position and see how many DD pips have any position.And we can calculate DD
            History cannot be manipulated.

On 04.30.2014 my trade EURJPY buy, was a maximum DD of 25.9 pips that represent a DD of 4.19%
            On 05.02.2014 my trade EURUSD Sell, was a maximum DD of 5.4 pips that represent a DD of 0.75%

I put a picture here Signlfx 30-2 mai.png

This week I had a maximum DD of 8.28% when I had 2 open position on aud/usd.
            In week 28 apr-2 may I had a maximum DD of 5.98%, was reached de position
            04.29.2014 11:10 04.29.2014 14:05 EURJPY Sell.
            I hope you found this answer helpful.

Week 5-9 may results

Gain: 5.41% Total Trades: 4 Win Rate: 100% maximum DD of 8.28%

Gain: annual 155% / monthly 62%
            Last edited by BsB_Swiss_FX; 05-11-2014, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Keep up the good work!

Comment

That is what timo was talking about, your true Dd is not showing on myfxbook
                Kindly either add mt4i or decrease the reporting time of myfxbook ea to 30 minutes

Comment

What we're talking about?
                  My maximal historical DD is 29.78% and showing on myfxbook.
                  In trading history you can calculate DD for every trade, day or week.
                  Now work with max drawdown 25% (starting April 2014), while historical max. drawdawn was 29.78% in 20 march
                  I hope you found this answer helpful.

Decrease the reporting time of myfxbook ea to 30 minutes- From Where? Put a picture or instructions.
                  My reporting time of myfxbook ea is 5 minutes. You want to be 30 minutes?
                  Last edited by BsB_Swiss_FX; 05-11-2014, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Calm down please,
                    Me and other members just want to point out that myfxbook is currently reporting wrong dd and this is either due to using custom start date since your strategy has changed much since the start of May and due to the fact that the ea of myfxbook is not being run 24/5 or fits update interval is set to several hours

Just make sure to keep the ea running all the week and in its settings make sure the interval is set to 30 minutes or less, default is 5 minutes by the way

Comment

BsB_Swiss_FX,

I think you've been very transparent and honest in all your answers to our questions, and we thank you for that. It's refreshing for questions to be answered in a timely manner, and It's promising that you are setting up an identity here on the forums, rather than just on the ST site.

In case there was any confusion I just wanted to clarify, my suggestions about MT4i and the dodgy-ness of MyFXBook wasn't aimed specifically at you, it was at all vendors globally.

It probably deserves a thread of it's own, with some participation from Nick and co, because the issue of reporting is a serious one.

My sincere apologies if you felt that we were accusing you of manipulating stats etc.

Keep up the good trading

Comment

OKda
                        I am very calm, but dont understand very well english.
                        So:
                        1. My strategy is not change. Work now with maximum DD of 25% instead of 33%
                        2. I dont use custom start date.
                        3. My reporting time of myfxbook ea is 5 minutes.

ea myfxbook.png

Master account view:

Please visit my first page
                        Last edited by BsB_Swiss_FX; 05-11-2014, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by timo View Post
                          BsB_Swiss_FX,

I think you've been very transparent and honest in all your answers to our questions, and we thank you for that. It's refreshing for questions to be answered in a timely manner, and It's promising that you are setting up an identity here on the forums, rather than just on the ST site.

In case there was any confusion I just wanted to clarify, my suggestions about MT4i and the dodgy-ness of MyFXBook wasn't aimed specifically at you, it was at all vendors globally.

It probably deserves a thread of it's own, with some participation from Nick and co, because the issue of reporting is a serious one.

My sincere apologies if you felt that we were accusing you of manipulating stats etc.

Keep up the good trading

Thank you timo
                          For me is very hard to answer on questions because I speak and understand very little english and I use Google translate to help me.
                          For me it is easier to trade than to write in English.

Comment

[QUOTE=BsB_Swiss_FX;10626] it is easier to trade than to write in English.[/QUOTE

Comment

Originally posted by BsB_Swiss_FX View Post
                              For me it is easier to trade than to write in English.
                              I'm a huge fan of Google Translate also when i'm translating to my European colleagues. I totally understand.

Comment

Google translate sux lol

Comment

Working...
                                X