No announcement yet.

The Golden Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick, I don't know why you're making fun of my concern. Please stop being sarcastic.. As in fact it is a genuine doubt and misgiving (and I'm sure it's fair for everyone to know, not only me)... Can you please at least comment on what you know regarding the two myfxbook profiles?

Originally posted by Nick View Post
    Yes, nice job Sherlock.

Now please help us find MH370
    Last edited by VictorTous; 07-29-2014, 10:54 PM.

Comment

They're the same Vic. What comment do you want?

Nick seems an unusual request from vendors, I myself would never take the MAM option I much prefer having multiple signals on my account. So in this case it's $120pm foregone

Comment

Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
        They're the same Vic. What comment do you want?

Nick seems an unusual request from vendors, I myself would never take the MAM option I much prefer having multiple signals on my account. So in this case it's $120pm foregone
        That is still 6 months away. In the meantime you can follow the signal as you wish.

In 6 months if there is enough demand and he's making money I'm confident I can get him to keep things open.
        Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Anyone here know the trading hours of Alfaforex MT4 platform - weekly opening & closing time- in order to establish compatibility with other broker platform trading times linked to signal?

Comment

I saw fx amplified in his Myfxbook profile... Nick is this guy belong to amplified managed accounts ?

Comment

Originally posted by VictorTous View Post
              Nick, I don't know why you're making fun of my concern. Please stop being sarcastic.. As in fact it is a genuine doubt and misgiving (and I'm sure it's fair for everyone to know, not only me)... Can you please at least comment on what you know regarding the two myfxbook profiles?
              What are you concerned about Victor?

Yes, it's the same trader.

I just find it amusing how everyone tries to unearth the origin of a trader when I introduce something new.

Comment

he uses 2 lot on a ~500K account, which means if the client must have at least 2500$ to be able to run the signal at 1x which will mean 0.01 lot for each trade

i think many will be running it at 2x or even more

Comment

What are you concerned about Victor?

Yes, it's the same trader.

I just find it amusing how everyone tries to unearth the origin of a trader when I introduce something new.
                  I'm not sure people are trying to undermine your efforts Nick. Just trying to:
                  a) Do their own due diligence before risking their own money with a trader they know nothing about
                  b) Can they get the same signal elsewhere for a cheaper price

I'm happy with the ST copier and how easy it is to setup so I have no interest in finding signals elsewhere. But others may be continuously looking for other signals as well

Comment

the good thing is that his leverage is that low so for user with high leverage like 1:200 or more they will be able to run higher risk than 1x with no issues except DD, no risk from MC due to used margin

Comment

The history looks real good but that's only looking at trade history. MyFxbook trade history with validated account and analytics enable would be more helpful in a decision making... In my opinion it looks peachy but I don't think it's worth what he's asking with only 1 week trial... I'm stressing that point I know because I can't see investing money not knowing what to expect just by looking at a chart and 2 sets of %'s of gains.. Instead of getting bombed by emails and messages ask to have this stuff enabled on Myfxbook..

Comment

Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
                        I'm not sure people are trying to undermine your efforts Nick. They're just wanting see if:

Can they get the same signal elsewhere for a cheaper price
                        What about this is not undermining my efforts?

I'm not taking offence, just confused by this comment.

Comment

What about this is not undermining my efforts?

I'm not taking offence, just confused by this comment.
                          Ok point taken. I guess by "undermining your efforts" I meant suggesting the trader is unreliable or not trustworthy etc.

For the record I've subscribed to Golden Key and do think he's a reliable trader

Comment

You can see the open trades on the profile page.

Comment

Hey guys,

To answer a few of your questions:

- It's a $493k live account that's also being used as a MAM. He has around $30k of his own money tied up in it.

- AlfaForex is a Russian broker. I know it sounds dodgy, but I assure you the stats are real. I've been watching the master account trade on one of my monitors for the past month.

- Signal providers can't see your account balance, but I can in the back office. This signal is being run through my profile on SimpleTrader. So I'm administering the connection and the billing. Right now we don't have the ability to cap an account size, but it's something that vendors have asked for, so we'll probably introduce it down the track.

- I'm hoping to get the Myfxbook history revealed in the next few days. In the meantime the trade history is already available on ConnectForex, it's not like there is anything hidden, you just can't use the sexy stats thing that hovers over the trades on myfxbook.

If you guys have any other questions just let me know.

This guy doesn't speak a word of English Так что я буду получать все ответы на Ваши вопросы.

All hail Google Translate!
                              All hail Google Translate indeed

Nick - I had some slippage / copier related questions from page 1.

No rush, just didn't want them to get buried under the avalanche of comments.

Comment

Originally posted by timo View Post
                                Nick,

Do you know how he manages his current clients accounts?

a) Via a trade copier similar akin to SimpleTrader, or:

b) Running his EA on the clients MT4 terminals directly, on his VPS etc.

One big factor for a grid system via a copier is slippage.

I've been following Caesar2 (great system btw) for a while, which is a EURUSD grid. And the biggest thing I noticed was slippage during big baskets.

I thought it had to do with server distance etc, because the clients he was managing directly (with his EA on their MT4 on his VPS) had 0 slippage, and sometimes positive slippage. But I was nearly always getting neg slippage, even though I was on the same broker (ICMarkets), and was using the SimpleTrader VPS etc, so the most optimal setup possible.

It turned out it is purely because a big basket needs to close trades sequentially in order, and the copier needs to follow this order.
                                So we were noticing sizeable slippage via the copier. It averages between -5% and -15%, but can get as high as -50% sometimes, especially if closed during volatility.

So something to think about in advance perhaps?

And another reason why possibly he wants to limit the account size, is to prevent disturbances to liquidity. If it's trading only 1 or 2 pairs.

Looks awesome though. I love me a grid I must say
                                It will be tough to keep me away ...
                                Hi Timo,

He's using a MAM set up, so there isn't an actual trade copier involved.

You make an interesting point about the slippage and it sounds like you have more information than me after conducting those tests. I'm going to be hooking up a personal account in the next week or two and will keep an eye on it for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X