Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hansen
    replied
    hi Prof. I noticed all the scalp trades were closed on the fxpig mamm while they are still open on the scalp master - is there an explanation - are the bigger prop accounts back in action?
    Edit:I should learn to read before I post...
    If you want input, all I can say for my part is I'd like to be part of a system as close to the bigger prop accounts as possible. That's what I thought I signed up for when joining the mamm anyway. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Hansen; 05-08-2015, 08:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• phillipnaz
    replied
    By higher end systems do you mean the actual account size of all your subscribe

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• phillipnaz
    replied
    Thankyou prof

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied
    Track record is extremely small for the managed account. You should take a look at the myfxbook stats of ASTA light (in my sig.) to get a feeling for its behavior. System traded on the PAMM is not identical, but in its basic underlyings very similar (holding positive equity, cutting losers and letting winners run etc.).

Leave a comment:

• phillipnaz
    replied
    Does he have a good record

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied
    FxPig is running a managed account.

Leave a comment:

• phillipnaz
    replied
    Hi Prof do you a Mamm account with anyone.

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied
    Not sure what you mean. Checked everything and have not seen anything closed. Light is still running.

Leave a comment:

• alazarus
    replied
    All trades closed on light system?

Originally posted by ProfBernardo View Post
    Exactly, you signed up for the higher-end systems and thats why i waited that long. In the meantime ASTA scalp will take over.

Btw. i think that EUR/USD is in retracement-mode. ASTA light is catching that move with some shorter term positions. I assume things will go lower within this year and that why you still often positioning in the direction of short EUR/USD and long USD/JPY.

Wish you a nice weekend.

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied
    Exactly, you signed up for the higher-end systems and thats why i waited that long. In the meantime ASTA scalp will take over.

Btw. i think that EUR/USD is in retracement-mode. ASTA light is catching that move with some shorter term positions. I assume things will go lower within this year and that why you still often positioning in the direction of short EUR/USD and long USD/JPY.

Wish you a nice weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Hansen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied
    FYI - the FXPIG PAMM will start trading again, starting with ASTA scalp only on reduced risk. ASTA light is a system with a more long term focus and some investors do not want to see that the account is "blocked" with the lower-end system when our bigger prop accounts continue trading (especially when keeping in mind that the broker should fix the problem in the very near future).

Additionally i have added information to the FAQ section in simpletrader, where you can now take a look at the higher end accounts. Just drop me a message if somethings missing.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied
    Hi Rod,

would run both light and scalp at the same time, because both have their weaknesses (will come to that point later). Both would be running on lower risk, both likely at 0.5xrisk of their master accounts.
    When the broker has solved the problem and we continue to trade on the bigger accounts, i will decide what to do. There will be likely some phasing in of pro/plus, while light and scalplight is kind of built out of pro/pluslightScalps

Leave a comment:

• nwboater
    replied
    I'm trying to understand Bernd's proposal and it's possible implications on our FXPIG PAMM.

1. Would you run both Light and Scalp at the same time?
    2. What risk would they each have, ie 1x, .5x, etc?
    3. When the broker finally solves their problem and it's time to restart the Plus 3x trading how will you deal with existing open trades from whatever we have been running on a temporary basis?
    4. If there is a DD on Light or Scalp might you slowly phase in Plus? In other words not start Plus at full risk of 3x.

I, as I'm sure most of the PAMM investors, are tired of watching our funds sit inactive. I do appreciate your offer of putting something temporary on the PAMM so it will be trading and basically I would like to do that.

My concerns are:

1. Asta Light's history is like a roller coaster. Over time it is profitable, but that would be very dependent on when you got in and got out. I see it very much as a long term investment, not something for short term use. (Actually any good Forex investment should be looked at for long term!) Also it typically has its equity above balance ( draw-up?), but at times does have more normal DD.

2. Asta Scalp strikes me as a better candidate for short term usage. It has a much flatter equity curve. It has a much better RR than Light. Its possible downside for us is that it can hold open trades in DD for an extended period of time. So again the timing of starting and stopping it is important, but I believe less so than with Light. It is presently in and extended DD period and one that is possibly growing. Since we can't see open trades it's difficult to analyze why it's been in the DD for some time. However, assuming that it will recover and profit from these present open trades this would be an excellent time to start it.

It seems that at present there is no way at all of knowing when this will be fixed. So I can only guess that it could be tomorrow or three months or ???

If we could be certain that it would be fixed in a week or two I would vote to leave it not trading. But any longer we need to put our funds to work and I will vote for putting something on the PAMM. With what I know at this point it would be Asta Scalp.

I look forward to others thoughts on all this.

Thanks Bernd for trying to get something going for us.

Cheers,
    Rod

Leave a comment:

Working...
X