Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Thanks for the reply Prof.
      I do wonder if this strategy seems like some sort of reverse grid in terms of a few features
      1. Equity usually above balance (usually the reverse for grids)
      2. Period of balance slowly decreasing. (usually grids give balance which increase gradually)
      3. Period of upburst in balance. (reverse for grids when hitting that nasty anti-trend)

Will hang tough til the tide turns and then review if my risk needs to be tuned down.

Cheers

Comment

Comment

The positive equity that you can lock in on your account doesn't get translated to the end user unless we joined from the starting point. That is why we can't just look at the Equity. With 5 months of history, it is hard to tell if this system has what it takes to be profitable for subscribers because of the holding of your winners. Do you have a longer history? You also say, "Long awaited draw down now happened", shouldn't we wait for the equity to go below the balance before joining?

Comment

Comment

When I attached ST ea, I would get your losing trades at a better entry price, but I wouldn't get any of the +% trades already at profit. And whether the loses stay at losses or move to profit, your system looks at the System Portfolio as a whole. Am I correct with that?

If so, your system makes decisions based on the current state of Equity > balance, however a follower doesn't have that positive equity because we missed out on the big winners that you'll continue to hold right?. How long do you think it would take for your winners to close, or maybe a better question, how long are the winners normally held, ( projection based on what? ).

I'd be interested in your older history regardless of what form it is or from another platform. Unfortunately, I can't help with a $1mil to view it. Why did you switch to metatrader? Thank you for your time. It really means a lot when a new system appears!!!

Comment

I will answer directly in your quote (in bold letters), as this makes it easier to allocate my statements to the right questions.

Originally posted by RedRhinoFX View Post
                When I attached ST ea, I would get your losing trades at a better entry price, but I wouldn't get any of the +% trades already at profit. And whether the loses stay at losses or move to profit, your system looks at the System Portfolio as a whole. Am I correct with that?
                Did you read my system description on Connectforex/Simpletrader? If not, please follow one of the links in my signature. I have addressed this exact problem in the description. You need to set the slippage setting to a very high value before you connect to make sure you receive all open trades.
                The rest is correct: The system looks at single currencies, pairs and as a whole portoflio. So it really is not important if you have all trades at the same price as soon as you subscribe, because it is all about the equity and the increase in equity.

If so, your system makes decisions based on the current state of Equity > balance, however a follower doesn't have that positive equity because we missed out on the big winners that you'll continue to hold right?. How long do you think it would take for your winners to close, or maybe a better question, how long are the winners normally held, ( projection based on what? ).
                You missed the big winners only at the first start up until they are closed. On the other hand, if you have all trades and we hold onto a position and let the profit of grow, so will it on your account. The point is, that the equity is mirrored and you only have to look at the equity. Additionally, if a trend is exhausted, the trades are closed. So there is no holding and hoping on losing positions. There is no normal or average holding time of trades. If the trend continues, the trades are kept open. If the trend is exhausted or reverses, the trades are closed down. Mosten of the time your account will be pretty much synced within a single week.

I'd be interested in your older history regardless of what form it is or from another platform. Unfortunately, I can't help with a $1mil to view it. Why did you switch to metatrader? Thank you for your time. It really means a lot when a new system appears!!!

Comment

Great Info. I understand fully now. Thank you again for squaring up the questions and helping out the retail sector. How long has this system been running Live and when did your company start looking for inst. investors(track record length at that time)?

Comment

It can't be that long since they're with global prime, which is a relatively new broker...

Comment

Peeper is wrong. The signal master account and the MAM recently opened is with Global Prime, nothing else. Global Prime was chosen for the signal account as they had a good reputation.

As i have said, Metatrader was not meant to be used on the prop desk (nor will it in the future).

The basis of this system is running for several years, although with time and the needed adaptions, the system itself in its details obviously changed a bit from the one at the beginning. Although the core strategy is still the same: Positive risk/reward ratio by cutting the losing trades and let the profitable trades run to follow trends as long as possible, paired with following the flow of the market and not trying to trade against it.

Cheers

Comment

Oh good. My main interest with this signal was triggered when Jeremy from GP said: "This strategy has been trading for some time at GP". But that actually meant since june 2014 then, as seen on myfxbook, which is really not long and the only period we have third party confirmation of the seller's sayings. For some reason, I misunderstood this to mean that they were running that signal with GP's FIX API infrastructure for some time before using mt4.

I guess we'll have to wait for a decent track record to show unless Nick got to look at seller's claims or something.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRhinoFX View Post
                          EDIT: I've read your initial answer to this quote and read basically all I could find online (donnaforex thread and all other links publicly availalbe).

Prof, I'm afraid RedRhinoFX might have a point here. I will explain myself with a real example: my case.

I joined this signal at the worst possible moment, roughly 50 hours ago, at an equity very high, though at 1/3 risk. At that moment, there was a certain GBPJPY trade opened on the short side that had over 1000 pips in running profit. It currently has lost ~400 pips (or 40%) from that point and the system has not closed it yet. I'm not debating the system's strategy concerning that position, but I'm pointing out the fact that in my account, this position has a running drawdown of almost -400 pips. My argument is that if this position would have been a new position opened right when I had joined, it wouldn't have been allowed to drop 400 pips, given the fact that in your Myfxbook history of over 2000 trades, there are only 3 positions that were closed worse than 200 pips (but still less than 300). I can go on with my argument, but I'm curious as of your extra reasoning in favour or against opening the whole porfolio vs opening only a part of the trades.
                          Last edited by 8fold; 10-17-2014, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 8fold View Post
                            EDIT: I've read your initial answer to this quote and read basically all I could find online (donnaforex thread and all other links publicly availalbe).

Prof, I'm afraid RedRhinoFX might have a point here. I will explain myself with a real example: my case.

I joined this signal at the worst possible moment, roughly 50 hours ago, at an equity very high, though at 1/3 risk. At that moment, there was a certain GBPJPY trade opened on the short side that had over 1000 pips in running profit. It currently has lost ~400 pips (or 40%) from that point and the system has not closed it yet. I'm not debating the system's strategy concerning that position, but I'm pointing out the fact that in my account, this position has a running drawdown of almost -400 pips. My argument is that if this position would have been a new position opened right when I had joined, it wouldn't have been allowed to drop 400 pips, given the fact that in your Myfxbook history of over 2000 trades, there are only 3 positions that were closed worse than 200 pips (but still less than 300). I can go on with my argument, but I'm curious as of your extra reasoning in favour or against opening the whole porfolio vs opening only a part of the trades.
                            I joined this signal a few weeks ago. When I signed up I set max slippage to 100 pips. Only 4 of the then 25 positions weren't opened so I got nearly all of the benefits of the overall strategy. Any trades which were more than 100 pips positive would open if they drop to within 100 pips profit. I feel this is the best way to enter this signal

Comment

more than 100 pips slippage and you call it the best way to enter the signal? just to get some trades you are taking 100 pips less than the master. i dont think its good. join the signal and wait for the new trades to come in. you need to have patience dude. after all you gonna live for decades.
                              Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

4) The maximum drawdown at risk 1 is set at <30%/35% (take a look at the text for explanation). This is a absolute maximum drawdown and is very unlikely to be hit (for example in a serious financial crisis). Usual drawdowns (on a monthly basis) are kept between 10-15%. If this is too much to stand for you, please think about reducing your risk, as there is no chance we will not face drawdowns
                                ST Performance Graph.JPG

Comment

Working...
                                X