No announcement yet.

ASTA Signal Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too would also be interested in a FXPIG ASTA MAM. Look forward to hearing more.

Comment

I don't get the fuss about the MAM. Investors will still have individual accounts to which the trades will be copied to, thus it doesn't resolve the min investment problem, right?

Comment

Originally posted by peeper View Post
        I don't get the fuss about the MAM. Investors will still have individual accounts to which the trades will be copied to, thus it doesn't resolve the min investment problem, right?
        From Bernd's post #86 "By chosing FxPig every investor can follow our 100k account, while the minimum required account size can be maintained very low (1k or lower). FxPig can allocate position sizes to all investors with a precision of one cent, regardless of their individual account sizes."

That is why I'm enthused about this one. Really hope it can get going!

Cheers,
        Rod

Comment

Hey, that sounds like the perfect solution indeed.
          Plus from what Prof says about his company, it shouldn't be hard for them to put $100k on that account to get it started.

That's probably not a mam though, it must be something else. An evolved pamm of sort, I forget what they call it at fxpig.

Comment

Whatever it is it does seem like a great solution for the type of system that requires a large account. Hopefully Bernd will be able to chime in here and give us one of his very thorough explanations.

Cheers,
            Rod

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ProfBernardo View Post
                After i have posted this update, the account took a beating and hold losses in ongoing moves, which is completely against its basic principles. So the decision was to close out all trades to limit further losses. In such scenarios you definitely have to look for proper risk management to fight another day. The drawdown on the signal master is now at 18%, which is still quite a bit away from the 35% worst case cut-off limit.

So now we have the following options, as development is going on:

Just to give you a feeling for the difference in performance of the systems: Think about the pareto principle. This principle is about getting 80% of the return with 20% of the effort. You can see it the same way with these systems. With every bit of usable account balance, you receive a dramatic improvement in performance. We hit that 80-20 threshold at about 100k account size (for now). Larger prop accounts are running on even higher-end systems, but these might be too far off for retail trader copying. That said, there are things going on the background to give even the smallest client accounts the possibility to follow even the biggest account (option 3). That will likely be done through a broker-based MAM, but it gives you almost endless flexibility in terms of your preferred account size. Those, who can afford to run a bigger account, can still stick to the usual signal service.

So please give me your suggestion and tell me, which option you prefer (even if you are currently not subscribed!). That results in a better view of the potential signal market and thus better decision for all of you.

Feel free to ask further questions.

Cheers,
                Prof.

P.S This statement will be posted on several sites. That includes Forexsignals.com, Donnaforex.com and the news section of the ASTA signal on simpletrader platform. Another hint for you: Please do not unsubscribe yet, as you currently have a pretty low price. Once you have unsubscribed, you will be taken as a "new" subscriber and thus will likely be seeing an increased subscription price (especially for option 3). That said, you will receive a full refund for every day that the signal is not trading. If you remain to be a subscriber and can not afford to fund a properly sized account, you will have the option to join the broker-based MAM and only pay your subscription without any further MAM fees (performance or volume fee)! This will be the same for clients sitting in the third-party MAM, as their high watermark will be based on the current MAM and thus do not need to pay anything until high watermark.

P.P.S
                You even have the chance to reserve you a seat by subscribing to the current signal and thus lock-in the current price. You will then get access to the new system with the old price. Obviously, as long as there is no signal service running, you will receive a refund for your (new) subscription.
                Hi Prof,

I'm really interested in the FXPIG MAM you will be starting.

After reading this post above I'm trying to figure out if it's best to subscribe to the signal now, or wait for the MAM to start and then transfer funds into the new ASTA MAM.

I already have funds in several FXPIG accounts.

Kevin

Comment

Comment

Prof,

You always made it sound like the 1k pounds you got on the myfxbook was nothing in contrast to how much funds you guys have running in the background (http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Prof...account/943208).

Maybe now is the time to prove you don't just talk pretty and get into action. I'm sure the Pamm solution you're talking about is the best solution to all the rants you've been having since the beginning of this signal, with lack of liquidity balblablah.

I personally know some actual institutional traders (not the 'yea yea I'm an institutional trader blahblah' type), and I can tell you that they wouldn't care to move a 100k around.

Comment

• Professor, aren't you putting the horse before the cart?
                      Wouldn't it be more important to get your signal working more effectively before you throw more money at it? The results so far are not very impressive.
                      Jester
                      Last edited by Jester; 02-08-2015, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• At peeper: Master account the update signal is based on will be on one of our smaller prop account and on par with the most popular signal providers. So basically doing exactly what you ask for.

At Jester: This is the solution to make the signal working more effectively. Making it work on small accounts is like fighting with handcuffs. Thats why want to go the route with just providing signals from a usual account size, because in direct comparison it is just better and will hopefully end the endless discussion if i am serious about this.

Comment

• For those who are trying to decide between the existing Signal and the FXPIG MAMM it would be helpful if we could have some clear distinctions between them; at least as clearly as can be done before the MAMM is running for awhile. These are what I gather to be the differences and I would appreciate it if Bernd would correct any misunderstandings that I may have:

1. Annual Target Profit: MAMM 100% +, Signal 50% +.

2. DrawDown: MAMM 30% WCS, Signal 35% WCS. Note these are WCS and way higher than normal operating DD.

3. Fees: MAMM Performance fee of 20% of high water mark for early investors. May be increased later for new investors. Signal 87 Euro/Mo non EU countries, 104 Euro/Mo if in a EU country.

4. MAMM will achieve the higher returns because it will be based on the returns of a 100k account size. I'm not sure how that works on the Signal, but the MAMM projected returns appear to be about double that of the Signal.

It appears that Asta is unique among systems that have Signals available. It requires a large account size to deliver the higher returns. This apparently is being done with the FXPIG MAMM.

My take on whether or not to 'park' funds in the Signal while waiting for the FXPIG MAMM to be ready is that I would not do it. I might make good profit while waiting, but I could also get stuck in a DD period and then would want to wait perhaps quite a while before withdrawing funds from the Signal for the MAMM. I am hoping that the MAMM will soon be running and am committing the funds for it now.

Bernd again I would appreciate your clearing up any misconceptions I may have between the MAMM and Signal.

Cheers,
                          Rod
                          Last edited by nwboater; 02-08-2015, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• So if we're interested in joining the MAM/PAMM, even if we subscribe to the signal we will automatically be put in the MAM/PAMM account?

Also I'm Canada, so I think I read there is a special link for non-EU subs so there is no tax added.

Comment

• Comment

• Hi Prof,

Has the minimum account size requirement been set for the signal? If so could I enquire what it is.

Regards,
                                alazarus

[QUOTE=ProfBernardo;27227]There will be one public system, that will require a more serious account size when you want to run it through the signal service on your own account.

Comment

Working...
                                X