Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nwboater
    replied
    The Asta Light FxBook has done very well the last 3 months but I note that all the funds have been withdrawn and trading stopped. Is there another account that is trading Asta Light?

Cheers,
    Rod

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied
    Hi Hansen,

the FXPIG account will start trading on monday and will follow ASTA pro.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Hansen
    replied
    Originally posted by ProfBernardo View Post
    Thanks for your suggestion. I think it is a good idea of pooling decisions effectively. Will take a look at it for sure!

Next week we have holidays in some major markets, so liquidity might be thin at the end of the week. With your opinions and the fact of thin liquidity, i am definitely ok with waiting until 2nd June week.

Cheers
    hello bernd! is this coming week the week when we will start with the fxpig mamm following asta pro/plus? (I hope so)
    Thanks and hope you have a nice weekend - the same goes for my fellow pamm investors of course
    //Hansen.

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied
    Thanks for your suggestion. I think it is a good idea of pooling decisions effectively. Will take a look at it for sure!

Next week we have holidays in some major markets, so liquidity might be thin at the end of the week. With your opinions and the fact of thin liquidity, i am definitely ok with waiting until 2nd June week.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Hansen
    replied
    bernd, I have a suggestion for you, why not think of a voting system where you send the pamm account holders a link to a google vote Yes/No or the like when we have these very important dedisions to make? I understand you want it to be democratic, so for instance, you could e-mail each a link to a yes / no reply and when say > 80% have answered, then that decision is what we go by? Just a suggestion (there is a link here if you want to check it out - take it or leave it it of course:
    https://support.google.com/docs/answer/87809?hl=en)

On another note, I'll be fine with waiting until after June 5 if that's the general consensus in terms of the "safest" choice

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nwboater
    replied
    Thanks Bernd,

Are you saying that on the PAMM each client can have separate starting dates? Or do you mean there is only one date and that all PAMM members need to agree on that.

If your answer is that each member can have his/her own start date then I would like to wait an as yet undetermined length of time after June 5. I want to get a better feel for what ongoing affect the Greek situation may have on the market after June 5. So I will advise you when I feel comfortable. This is assuming that my position does not create any problems for you or other clients.

Cheers,
    Rod

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nwboater
    replied
    Hi Bernd,

Thanks for your explanations above.

Sorry I'm a little late getting back to you with my 'vote'. I have been having difficulty deciding what is best. On the one hand I really want to get Asta trading again. It has been frustrating having the funds dormant for a lot of the time. On the other hand we have suffered significant losses already and I am concerned about having more large ones.

There are two issues that concern me. One is, as you mentioned, that we would be starting at an equity high. It is always of course best to try to start during a DD, except there could be lost profits while waiting for one. The other issue is Greece which could potentially wreak havoc on the markets. With this in mind I would like to wait until sometime after the June 5 deadline for the next Greek payment. Hopefully we will know a little more by then which way that mess is going to be handled.

Cheers,
    Rod

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nwboater
    replied
    Originally posted by ProfBernardo View Post
    As you migh have noticed, props are rolling and we are ready to continue trading on the PAMM. You can even see the 175k account on myfxbook again as the techies found a way to hook it up.
    Cheers
    Hi Bernd,

The 175k account doesn't show any trading since the end of March. The only one of the 'Higher end' accounts showing recent activity is the Asta Pro account http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Prof...ta-pro/1255131

Is this the one that the FXPIG PAMM will be following?

Thanks,
    Rod

Leave a comment:

• nwboater
    replied
    Hi Bernd,

I am not really clear what we are voting on for the Asta FXPIG PAMM. I understand #1 below and partially 2.

1. Do we want to start the PAMM now with a higher risk setting? This would increase 'usual' DD from 15 or 20% to 30%. It would also increase WCS from 30% to 45%.

I believe the Original Risk was 1.5 x the Master. What would this new risk be?

2. "we have the option to wait for a better entry (--> ASTA pro hits a bit of draw down)."

Could you please explain what differences this better entry might give us? I assume that it would not affect our risk setting. It would seem that it would be nice to get in during a DD period so we would have a much better chance of some early profit. Of course there is no way of predicting when that might happen. Could be a day, a month, or???

3. Are there any other options we are voting on?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
    Rod

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hansen
    replied
    fair enough, bernd. I'd say let's get the pamm connected - but of course we must agree. You can count me in.

Leave a comment:

• ProfBernardo
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X