No announcement yet.

ASTA Signal Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prof, just letting you know I am signing up through the MAM. If you're on the level, then my risk appetite perfectly matches your system, and I am looking forward to the future.

Cheers

Comment

Please keep in mind, that the risk on the MAMs will be once again increased to 50% WCS DD from 35% WCS DD of the signal master. Reason for that is that investors need to hold their money in USD (currency of the MAM) and that brings risk by itself when your home currency is not the same. So the higher relative risk on the MAM is used to be able to use smaller accounts for the same amount of absolute risk. Please chose your deposit with risk in mind.

Cheers

Comment

Hi,

A possible work around for those who want to avoid the DD is to put a moving average on the equity curve.
        Start the signal when the equity is above the MA and close out when equity drops below the MA.
        Only works assuming the equity goes through protracted periods of up and down.

Possible Pros:
        1. Avoid the DD

Cons:
        1. Does not work when the equity is ranging/jumping up and down along the moving average
        2. Extra work to monitor the equity curve everyday
        3. Lose out on some of the profit when jumping in again

Well suited for those who like to get their hands dirty.

Cheers

MovingAverageOnEquityCurve.jpg

Comment

You can try this on your account, but i absolutely do not recommend it. If that would be beneficial, it would have been already implemented There is a whole team of professionals doing nothing else but monitoring the accounts and improve the systems.

But that is the benefit of a signal service. You can do on your account whatever you want or think suits best. But make sure you do not make the performance worse, because thats the main point you are searching for an external system.

Cheers

Comment

You recommend us to turn off AUD trading these days, but wouldn't it be a better solution if you, as a signal provider would do something about it - as in stop trading it for a while or change aggression factor? So we, as subscribers, do not alter the strategy. Thank you.

Comment

Thats the point: I am not a big fan of short term curve fitting So even if AUDJPY and AUDUSD (not talking of EURAUD!) do not work in the current market environment, i will not turn it off on the master account. Many pairs had problems in the past, but i do calculate with these periods. The level of aggression is even beneficial. It just currently looks worse, because we are losing on these pairs. But that would happen with less trades on these pairs as well. You, as a subscriber, have the choice between keeping AUDUSD and AUDJPY on your account or turning them off - when you do not like the level of aggression on these trades or simply because you receive a worse net result because of software delay/slippage.

Kind regards

Comment

I will consider it, thanks.

Also, am I correct to assume that WCS will be reached on master account after a further ~150pound drop in equity? In that case, what will happen at that point?

Thank you.

Comment

Edit: Please read post #40!
                  Last edited by ProfBernardo; 10-24-2014, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ProfBernardo View Post
                    You are correct. If we hit this level, you should stop trading for a while because we will stop trading for a while ourselves.
                    Hope that the professionals running the system would be able to adhere to this.
                    Was aware of another system where the traders forced themselves to trade through unfavourable conditions due to pressure from subscribers...
                    they ended up sustaining more losses.
                    It would be cool to take a chill pill when the market is not in your favour.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 8fold View Post
                      I will consider it, thanks.

Also, am I correct to assume that WCS will be reached on master account after a further ~150pound drop in equity? In that case, what will happen at that point?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ProfBernardo View Post
                        No, it has a bit more headroom than that. About ~200pound drop.

Comment

Now I'm seeing multiple trades with EUR/AUD. I have disabled this pair also.

This is a bit worrying - what's to stop this signal from pushing losing high frequency trades over a period of time bleeding my account?

Comment

To 8fold:
                            It is a bit more complicated as that, because the system by itself is playing and scaling with positions. I think i have to make things more clear and easy in the future. For now just let it run as long as you are comfortable (running the whole portfolio or disabling AUDJPY and AUDUSD). At least thats my recommendation for now. As soon as you are on breakeven, close the trades and reduce your risk settings dramatically as there might be an adaption of the system in the near future to make these things a bit easier and equity swings can be a bit weird in the not too far away low-vol. season from 15.Dec forward (still almost two months, but this is not very far away in my books).

To alzarus:
                            If you are uncomfortable with the aggression level of the AUD involved pairs (including EURAUD), you can disable them (as you have already done). The other pairs are trading as usual.

Kind regards

Comment

Will be sticking to my game plan and staying on the sidelines until the equity curve crosses the moving average to the upside.
                              Sorry Prof, let me know if you dont like posts like this, will make no mention of this again if that is the case.

Cheers

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X