Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kilimanjaro - Who wants to climb the FX mountain together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kilimanjaro - Who wants to climb the FX mountain together?

Please let me introduce our latest trader

Kilimanjaro!

I'm pleased to confirm that I've secured the talents a truly outstanding trader to join our team here at ForexSignals.com.

Kilimanjaro is a 100% manual strategy administered by a gentleman by the name of "Phil". Phil is the former head of FX Trading at JP Morgan Australia and has been trading currencies for the best part of 14 years for various Investment and Commercial banks. Earlier this year he cashed in his corporate job, bankrolled himself and is now a self funded trader working from his home office in New Zealand.

I've been spending the past couple of months getting to know Phil while also watching his account in action. I have to say I've been incredibly impressed with what I've seen. He is very active, normally trading several times per day, I think you guys are going to love it.

What I think you'll love most about Kilimanjaro is he cuts losers quickly and most trades have a fixed stop loss

Yes! He actually uses stop losses! I've observed a number of occasions when he's loaded into a position only to see it crash into a fixed stop loss without causing major damage to his account or his mental state. This also has the added advantage of avoiding extended drawdowns that drag on for weeks at a time. He's normally in and out of the market fairly quickly.

Phil has graciously funded an MT4 account specifically for us to use to submit signals to you guys (with a lazy $100k in it).

Due to the relatively short amount of history we'll be doing an extended trial. I'm hoping to release this signal early next year which should give you all of us plenty of time to understand his style and the associated risks before jumping aboard.

Phil - Welcome to the site, I'm personally ecstatic about having you as a member of our community.

Edit 19th November

Drawdown limits explained.

Phil obviously comes from an institutional background where drawdown is treated a little differently to that of Myfxbook.

It's all about the maximum drawdown during a day and during a month.

As he mentioned, the most he'll risk on any particular day is 5% of his account equity.

The most he'll risk on a particular month is 15% of account equity. However there may be occasions where he might borrow some of following months drawdown limit if an opportunity presents it's self. An example of this would be:

Month 1: Drawdown hits 15%, however he identifies a great trading opportunity and wants to capitalise so he extends to 20%
    Month 2: Assuming the 20% mark was hit in month 1, his new drawdown limit for the month 2 is 10%.

You can also follow my account following on the trade copier - http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Nick...alscom/1097372

Edit 8th October 2015 - I recently conducted a full interview with Phil to give you guys a bit more of an insight into how he trades and what it's like working as an FX bank trader.

Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Originally posted by Nick View Post

What I think you'll love most about Kilimanjaro is - He uses fixed stop levels.
    Hooray!!!

That gives him an extra 1,000 points on my rating.

Comment

Thank you Nick & Tradealerter for giving us this opportunity. I hope I can join if Dayfox leaves some money in my account.

Comment

Thanks nick for the intro and likewise I'm very excited to be part of the forexsignals community! I'm bit of a newbie on the online community thing, but I will endeavor to jump on from time to time and engage/converse with you guys.

Cheers and thanks again for the welcome.

Comment

welcome to the forum and the community.

Comment

Welcome Phil.

Comment

Hi Phil, welcome aboard

Comment

Welcome Phil, many people are looking to evaluate the climbing...

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  Please let me introduce our latest trial trader

Kilimanjaro!

I'm pleased to confirm that I've secured the talents a truly outstanding trader to join our team here at ForexSignals.com.

Kilimanjaro is a 100% manual strategy administered by a gentleman by the name of "Phil". Phil is the former head of FX Trading at JP Morgan Australia and has been trading currencies for the best part of 14 years for various Investment and Commercial banks. Earlier this year he cashed in his corporate job, bankrolled himself and is now a self funded trader working from his home office in New Zealand.

I need to give a big shout out to our friend Tony (TradeAlerter) for introducing Phil to our site. Tony and Phil go back a long way having worked in the same industry for years.

I've been spending the past couple of months getting to know Phil while also watching his account in action. I have to say I've been incredibly impressed with what I've seen. I think Kilimanjaro can best be described as a combination of TradeAlerter and FX Viper due to the fundamental approach to his trade ideas and technical levels used to identify entry points, often scaling into a positions. He is very active, normally trading several times per day, I think you guys are going to love it.

What I think you'll love most about Kilimanjaro is - He uses fixed stop levels.

Yes! He actually uses stop losses! I've observed a number of occasions when he's loaded into a position only to see it crash into a fixed stop loss without causing major damage to his account or his mental state. This also has the added advantage of avoiding extended drawdowns that drag on for weeks at a time. He's normally in and out of the market fairly quickly.

Phil has graciously funded an MT4 account specifically for us to use to submit signals to you guys (with a lazy $100k in it).

Due to the relatively short amount of history we'll be doing an extended trial. I'm hoping to release this signal early next year which should give you all of us plenty of time to understand his style and the associated risks before jumping aboard.

Phil - Welcome to the site, I'm personally ecstatic about having you as a member of our community.

Sounds good, thanks for the information.
                  What is the max hard sl? something around 100 to 150 pips? so mostly 2-3 times higher than the best tp, is this correct?
                  Means hard sl for you, he is set a sl at the beginning of the trade, or does he change the sl durning the trade to to scale it up and down?

Thanks for the reply,
                  Bird

Comment

Hi,

What is max DD level in term of %?

Comment

Hey guys, just letting you know the drawdown on the site is displaying incorrectly at 54%. It should be 8.08% as per Myfxbook.

This will be fixed shortly.
                      Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

hi bird
                        i tend to think in profit/loss $ terms than pips...or maximum daily and monthly drawdowns....typically 3-4pc max drawdown per day...and 10-15pc max per month...these are more outer limits ie..i wont be risking say 3-4pc of capital per day every day as a matter of course... but some days i might. i will always put a stop in unless im there and trading a tighter range. some of my trades will be scaled in and might be in the vicinity say capturing a move 50-100 pips either way...other trades might be more tight range trades (scalping i think it is referred to here??)...to be honest im still getting my head around it a bit with respect to what returns and profit/loss swings potential copiers find tenable....which im sure i will find the right fit and happy medium to my personal risk appetite and those of potential copiers over the next month or so....but the drawdowns i mention above are what i am thinking for now and what i have used in the past and what are within my comfort levels. with regard to your question about stop losses....i try to structure the trade so that i am stopping out because of the level the currency is trading at...not because of drawdown...(ideally, but like all traders ive gotten this wrong in past!!)...so for example...im scaling into a short in nzd where i will be 5 lots short at an average of 0.8010 if nzd rallies to at least 0.8050....im wrong thru 0.8080 say...im scaling in to capture a rally that doesnt reach my last offer and if that is the case then i will still be short something at least.....i took back shorts circa 0.7940 because i thought asia dip 0.7935 may hold and they may have another go topside...which i hope they do as im sq now. i may change the stop loss lvls or entry lvls if i feel differently at a later date.....hope this help...apologies if some content superflous.
                        Last edited by Phil; 11-17-2014, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
                          Hi,

What is max DD level in term of %?
                          hi pie..hopefully the above response to bird answers your question...cheers

Comment

Hi Phil!
                            Sorry I'm not a native speaker but I get what is the max DD. So can I say that the max DD is 15% in whatever situation happens and beyond that you cut all trades take a break then continue trading?

Comment

Hi Phil,

I suppose to summarize the request of many asking for a declared hard maxDD% in addition to your stop losses tecnique

TradeAlerter has an EA monitoring for DD% ready to cut all the open trades if maxDD% is touched, after Dayfox experience it would be nice that every signal provider would do the same

If you calibrate this maxDD% far enough to not change your usual way of trading it will not annoy you giving us the relief that a limit exists

Thanks for conisdering

Comment

Working...
                              X