This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Gabriel

it is quite surprising that this system was able to have positive returns every month for this year so far
    ...even the months of May - July earlier this year when most trend systems were struggling due to the almost dead market.
    Looks a little too good to be true....hmmmm

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderX View Post
      Hi Gabriel

it is quite surprising that this system was able to have positive returns every month for this year so far
      ...even the months of May - July earlier this year when most trend systems were struggling due to the almost dead market.
      Looks a little too good to be true....hmmmm

Cheers

Its not just SOME trend system. It is a unique system where the trend algo is just about 20% of the overall system. The beauty lies in the way positions are managed. The secret is in the stop movement algo. Stops are not static but they move dynamically over time as trades linger. So trend system is just a way to label it. Its all about the stop management.

A trend system fails when there is no trend. So sideways market kills it. This system during sideways markets will move its stops to lessen the losses and then wait for the trend to pickup and make the returns. We believe Stops management are the secret to long term success in trading any asset.

Comment

Originally posted by tqforex View Post
        Its not just SOME trend system. It is a unique system where the trend algo is just about 20% of the overall system. The beauty lies in the way positions are managed. The secret is in the stop movement algo. Stops are not static but they move dynamically over time as trades linger. So trend system is just a way to label it. Its all about the stop management.

A trend system fails when there is no trend. So sideways market kills it. This system during sideways markets will move its stops to lessen the losses and then wait for the trend to pickup and make the returns. We believe Stops management are the secret to long term success in trading any asset.
        Sounds cool. Thanks for the reply and info.
        Look forward to see this in action over the coming month.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderX View Post
          Sounds cool. Thanks for the reply and info.
          Look forward to see this in action over the coming month.

Cheers

GBPJPY half position closed and remaining half stays put for the longer trend. TQforex uses partial closes. First part of a trade is closed at near target and the other half stays for a full 100 pips of profit at least. Stops move trailing so no open exposure if markets reverse suddenly. But brokers may need to enable partial closures for such trades.

Studies have shown that multiple positions with different targets will always perform better than strategies with vanilla positions. TQForex Auto is a mult position strategy.

Comment

Open trades are:
            EURAUD
            GBPAUD
            AUDUSD
            USDCAD
            USDJPY
            GBPJPY (Half position)

Comment

Open trades are:
              EURAUD
              GBPAUD
              AUDUSD
              USDCAD
              USDJPY
              GBPJPY (Half position)
              This is a very powerful trend. Forex markets trend like this maybe 4 or 5 times a year. Its important to catch them. A powerful trend is one which does not retrace more than 50 pips every 200 pips. Look at EJ, GJ, UJ all fitting that description. This system caught each of them for the entirety of trend. Look EURJPY long at 146.24. Look at GJ taken at 182 onwards. Now its nearing 186. Still long partly. Look at EURAUD started long at 1.43 and still long a full size as we get over 1.46. No one knows how long these trends go but when the market is trending, dont ask questions, just take the pips and manage stops. The beauty of automated Trending system with powerful stop management is that they will play the full trend and not care for what people are saying or not be interrupted by data points etc. Till stops are hit they will make money.

During pingpong markets which is what we saw for Nov 1 to Nov 13 of this month, its important to protect positions by tight stops and wait for the big one. Many trend system try to play trends when there is no trend like in May of this year.

Am not promoting anything. Am just stating a fact on how TQForex Auto works. At first glance, it may look that it has some secret indicator. It has its own indicator for determinng the trend. But beyond that its success is in the position management. Every 4 and 8 hours, it checks for certain conditions and tightens stops. Every 10 min it checks if prices has moved to profit range and if yes, it puts stops bang 10 pip below profit...things like that is where this is different as a strategy. Stop management is what leads to success not the entry algo or some indicator. All indicators are lagging ultimately.

Comment

Looks very interesting I look forward to having a good look once it's connected to ConnectForex.com

Comment

Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
                  Looks very interesting I look forward to having a good look once it's connected to ConnectForex.com
                  The last two days were any trend system wet dream. But even a ood system will end making 5 to7% over the last 2 days. To convert a normal trend system to TQforex system with the ability to make large winners when a trend picks up, you need multi position strategy with stop management system separately managing each positions. See it crosses 15 % return in the last 2 days which is the advantage of multi poisiton trend strategy. It converts a 5% trend into 15% return.

Stop management is what retail traders need to work on. But 99 % of traders focus on getting the entry right and keeping a high win rate etc. But having stop management algorithm will perform very well in all markets. Pay attention to how you manage stops and you will be a successful trader. Ignore stops and you will only have headaches.

Comment

The last two days were any trend system wet dream. But even a ood system will end making 5 to7% over the last 2 days. To convert a normal trend system to TQforex system with the ability to make large winners when a trend picks up, you need multi position strategy with stop management system separately managing each positions. See it crosses 15 % return in the last 2 days which is the advantage of multi poisiton trend strategy. It converts a 5% trend into 15% return.

Stop management is what retail traders need to work on. But 99 % of traders focus on getting the entry right and keeping a high win rate etc. But having stop management algorithm will perform very well in all markets. Pay attention to how you manage stops and you will be a successful trader. Ignore stops and you will only have headaches.
                    Excellent! So how do I subscribe through the site where you decided to promote your product?

Comment

Excellent! So how do I subscribe through the site where you decided to promote your product?
                      instructions above. Its free. need to send us the fxblue id to email funds@tqforex.com. Follow the step by step instructions above in one of the post and it will work. Many have started using it so its working if am not wrong. No separate subscriptions etc.

Comment

instructions above. Its free. need to send us the fxblue id to email funds@tqforex.com. Follow the step by step instructions above in one of the post and it will work. Many have started using it so its working if am not wrong. No separate subscriptions etc.
                        Sorry I prefer to use this copier since its the most reliable copier I've come across and gives me complete control over my subscription

I also find it quite surprising that you would choose a competitors website/forum to promote your product. I'm also surprised you find no issue with this...

Comment

Sorry I prefer to use this copier since its the most reliable copier I've come across and gives me complete control over my subscription

I also find it quite surprising that you would choose a competitors website/forum to promote your product. I'm also surprised you find no issue with this...
                          Its got nothing to do with competition. I didnt even know fxblue was competing with this site. Arent they completely different? The copier is free so using it. No other reason. A copier is not such a great technology. All it does is copy signals and fxblue free version is doing a good job. So no great technology behind it. B ut if the number of subs rise to a high number then we need to use simpletrader or something that is paid.

Comment

This how a copier works:
                            - Code will cppy MT4 orders and copy them to a common location (file or mysql)
                            - Receiver will ping the DB or file for new orders almost every second
                            - If new orders, then match price and other filter and open them on receiver MT4.

Frankly this is a very simple thing to do. Fxblue is giving it free because its easy and hardly any server is consumed if the number of subs are low. I have used fxblue quite a bit and they work as well as any copier in the market.

Comment

Its got nothing to do with competition. I didnt even know fxblue was competing with this site. Arent they completely different? The copier is free so using it. No other reason. A copier is not such a great technology. All it does is copy signals and fxblue free version is doing a good job. So no great technology behind it. B ut if the number of subs rise to a high number then we need to use simpletrader or something that is paid.
                              In my mind anything that offers the same service (eg signal copying) is a competitor

And you say free but my guess is the spread is marked up or the latency is so slow that slippage becomes noticable

Comment

In my mind anything that offers the same service (eg signal copying) is a competitor

And you say free but my guess is the spread is marked up or the latency is so slow that slippage becomes noticable
                                Oh Ok. I didnt think about it.

Moderator, please respond if this is an issue if we use the free fxblue copier for now ? I didnt intend in any way to use a competitor product. I believe simpletraer is a good copier and fxblue copier will in no way create a dent in simple trader members. Simpletrader has far more features and also the fact that so many good traders like viper and others are on it. The only reason we used was it was free and we didnt have a large number of subs to take the effort to put it on a paid copier.

On slippages etc, it is possible. Those are risks. But these risks will exist with paid as well imo to some extend.

Comment

Working...
                                X