This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USDJPY trade closed @ 118.87.

This trade will give a glimpse into what tqforex is doing.

USDJPY was longed at 117.97. The target one was 118.51 and target 2 was 118.98. Target 1 was hit clean. But Target 2 was missed because feed highs was 118.977. So 118.98 was missed by a whisker. The stop management algo kicked in immediately and moved stops to 118.87. Thus no way was the broker going to have the last laugh in missing a 100 pips winner by a whisker. The trade was closed at trail stop at 118.87 about 11 pips below original target and yet 90 pips winners. This is one feature of the system where trail stops move dynamically so as not to miss big winners by a few pips.

Comment

I had the chance to be one of the earlier adopters of this system..the copier is working fine although I hope Gabby will go with Simpletrader as I'm sure he can get a ton of subscribers here (I'm also a simpletrader client by the way)
      I get the same trades and the very same profitability as displayed in myfxbook (I already asked Gabby to get it verified)
      This system performs extremely well whenever it detects an aggressive price action so it amazingly catches the movers of the day...what also impressed me is the very contained DD in choppy markets (adverse conditions to trend systems)
      I strongly encourage you to try it!

Comment

Why this free service is on simpletrader's forum without showing any interest to use simpletrader as copier?

Moderators are really permissive in this case

PS ...and with a not verified myfx account
        Last edited by BMM; 11-20-2014, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davide24 View Post
          I had the chance to be one of the earlier adopters of this system..the copier is working fine although I hope Gabby will go with Simpletrader as I'm sure he can get a ton of subscribers here (I'm also a simpletrader client by the way)
          I get the same trades and the very same profitability as displayed in myfxbook (I already asked Gabby to get it verified)
          This system performs extremely well whenever it detects an aggressive price action so it amazingly catches the movers of the day...what also impressed me is the very contained DD in choppy markets (adverse conditions to trend systems)
          I strongly encourage you to try it!
          Thanks David. Yes the plan is to use Simpletrader when we have decent number of subs. I dont think there is a competition to simpletrader right now. Its the best. But leaving aside the copier talk, this week was amazing for trend catchers. I made some decent money with TQForex as well as I normally dont trade too much but given yesterday FOMC, i personally put some money to trade as well on TQForex Auto with my smallish personal account. I normally dont trade given I dont have too much money anyways and secondly its difficult to trade and manage subscriptions all the while having a day job where I am a programmer. Lets hope all this trends continue which ever way it wants trend.

Comment

I think trends are realigning. I was watching the algo screen and a host of messages are being displayed on how for all 11 symbols, trends are flattening. I guess that is why positions have been flattened out.

The other feature in the algo is the fact that it only trades during specific hours of a day. There are 11 pairs being traded and each pair has a specific hour of the day when its trend is recognized. Only during those hours, will entry be honored. Normally this may be 1 hour after London opening or 1 hour after london closing. Each pair has its time. That I believe is innovative for forex trading as I have never seen that being used anywhere else yet. Its quite amazing that this concept is not yet developed as an indicator on retail platform whereas many large clients of ours always use this feature about "time of day" concept. It works quite well. Another example is AUD trades between 030000 and 050000 has a very chance of being stopped out no matter which way you trade it.

Comment

Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
              my guess is the spread is marked up or the latency is so slow that slippage becomes noticable
              That's only a profit model if the subscriber accounts are opened with TQforex (or anyone) as the IB. The FXBlue copying technology is completely independent of where the account is operating.

As far as I can tell, TQforex gains nothing financially from this little exercise at this point. From our point of view as potential subscribers, with about 10 minutes worth of work you can get trades rolling into your demo account (or live if you really want) for some period of time. Perfect! No better way to do zero-cost due diligence.

I'm riding this for all it's worth. If the trades stack up to my risk profile, I'll go live, but I am in no rush.

Comment

Originally posted by idempotent View Post
                That's only a profit model if the subscriber accounts are opened with TQforex (or anyone) as the IB. The FXBlue copying technology is completely independent of where the account is operating.

As far as I can tell, TQforex gains nothing financially from this little exercise at this point. From our point of view as potential subscribers, with about 10 minutes worth of work you can get trades rolling into your demo account (or live if you really want) for some period of time. Perfect! No better way to do zero-cost due diligence.

I'm riding this for all it's worth. If the trades stack up to my risk profile, I'll go live, but I am in no rush.
                You're right I assumed it was more like the myfxbook autotrade
                Looks like I may have got a little over excited on this one. I'll be keeping an eye on it

Comment

Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
                  You're right I assumed it was more like the myfxbook autotrade
                  Looks like I may have got a little over excited on this one. I'll be keeping an eye on it
                  while we dont gain anything, moderators here may feel being stepped on. Because if fxblue copier works, then more signal providers may try instead of going with paid. I personally found this free copier to be a gem. It works very well as Daniel noted as well and experience teaches that anything that is free and good will ultimately gain traction.

Comment

Comment

Renamed "TQForex Auto" to Golden Boy.

GBPCAD closed. Its a friday and Golden Boy will start flattening out at 10 pm london.

Comment

Some big moves on GBPAUD, EURJPY,GBPJPY earlier today. Got in on them but it took them early as there NT hung and we had to restart. So EURJPY got closed out early with a profit. Same with USDCAD. However GBPCAD hit all targets.

Comment

Just because Golden Boy is free, please dont assume its some hairy fairy system. Stay with it for a few months and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

The system has taken a EURJPY short trade. I hate that trade and my personal bias is for EURJPY to head to 150. Also a short USDCAD has been taken. That I may agree with personally.

Comment

I post here when I get a break from work. I am full time programmer with Trading Quotient. So I may be away for hours and even days. Golden Boy has started to charm I believe esp those who have been using for some days. For the record, I do not trade much. I only trade sporadically but when I do, I only trade Golden Boy for forex. I simply attach my live account to Golden Boy when I have time to monitor. I also do some manual US equities but its sporadic. My job is to program and maintain many systems like Golden Boy for clients which include Banks and prop desks.
                              Last edited by tqforex; 11-21-2014, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Golden boy closes USDCAD and returns hit 24.8%.

Week return was 14.9% and DD was under 10%.

Friday mode kicking in as trades get flattened out. By 10pm london, all trades get flattened.

Enjoy your weekend

Just to remind: Not a single manual trade was taken in Golden Boy history. The entire operation was managed by Golden Boy algorIthm. Stops and profits were managed by it. Entries and exits were managed by it.

Comment

Working...
                                X