Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Gabriel for keeping us up to speed with things ,have a great weekend (looking good today)

Comment

just checked the Algo screen. All working fine. Log messages and screen messages suggesting new trends could be beginning. Golden Boy will hunt new trends all the time to see if it can squeeze in a trend. No emotions. Each trade has hard stops. To the algo it does not matter whether it should hold on or not. It cuts it if trend changes. Nov returns stay clear of 24%.

Comment

And yes just to remind its free now. Its rare to get stuff of this quality free. so enjoy.

Comment

Dont worry about number of trades etc. Sometimes there are 9 and sometimes 1. Even if there are 9, you will notice that algo will not ever wait for stops to hit if things are turning against. If a long trade closes for three consecutive bars below a "pivot" line, then the trade is closed even before stops are hit. Vice versa for short trades. Massive amount of protection inside the algo. But once it picks a trend, boy it will make some cash before it leaves the trade.

Comment

45 posts and more than a dozen users from here and am yet to even get a "thank you for offering this free" Sometimes positive energy does help someone who is offering free. I bet if this was paid and it was making money, I would have got a "100 thanks you for making me pips today".

Comment

Originally posted by tqforex View Post
              45 posts and more than a dozen users from here and am yet to even get a "thank you for offering this free" Sometimes positive energy does help someone who is offering free. I bet if this was paid and it was making money, I would have got a "100 thanks you for making me pips today".
              Thank you very much for offering this for free!

I have just been reading thru the thread again and checking your website. I find this to be a very interesting program and am going to start copying it to a demo account on my VPS to get a better feel for it.

I'm sure that many people here appreciate your offering this for free. But please try to understand that with the DayFox fiasco and some other traders here doing terribly after initially looking good, that many of us are spooky of anything new. Even free! After all to make money we have to put it on our live accounts and the risk can be a whole lot more than the savings of not paying for a signal.

So you are up against a tough crowd, many of whom feel feel burned by some other providers. Unfortunately it will take time for people to develop confidence in you. I see that you have a real account with some serious money in it. It will help your credibility a lot if you will get your MyFXBook verified. I strongly suggest you do that.

Also I read in Post #35 that you only occasionally trade this. Is it not something that you can put on a live account and just let it trade?

Thanks again for offering this to us for free (for now). And I wish you much success with it.

Cheers,
              Rod
              Last edited by nwboater; 11-24-2014, 06:33 PM.

Comment

"It will help your credibility a lot if you will get your MyFXBook verified"...

Agree!

Please, do it a.s.a.p..

Edit: Just re-read the thread, on post#6 Gabriel say the myfxbook is a demo.....
                Last edited by Prasadast71; 11-24-2014, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the post. I just got off the job shift and was just looking at the forum and saw not even a single thank you. Where as other traders who are the team traders get a thank you per pip they make. So was jealous. But I was only joking. Enjoy the signal.

I have always said, if you follow a manual trader, chances of him being successful in the long term is zero. All humans become old, emotions take over, when they cannot maintain their pip rate, they start taking risks etc..etc. They get easily excited when someone asks them a question. If they had a bad night, it will effect them. All this affects their morale and trading. This site has many traders and only one trader is able to maintain a good trading record and that is viper if am not wrong. But even the great man gets caught up sometimes in aweful positions which he then has to work it out. Humans being ultimately are weak traders and only 1% or less than that succeed.

On the other hand a computer is a different ball game. Garry Kasporov found that out the hard way. Anand found that out as well. You cannot beat a computer at chess. Same goes for trading. No human being will ever beat a computer at trading because a well coded system will always be the best. Golden Boy is an absolute beast and in the space of less than 5 weeks it is sitting at 25% return and if consider its direct trades since 1st May, it is at 160%. The best trader here has made 67% return in 12 months. So I rest my case on why computers are here to stay and manual traders will need to learn coding and computers to get to match the prowess of a system.

Comment

Originally posted by Prasadast71 View Post
                    "It will help your credibility a lot if you will get your MyFXBook verified"...

Agree!

Please, do it a.s.a.p..

Edit: Just re-read the thread, on post#6 Gabriel say the myfxbook is a demo.....
                    no dont copy please. dont bother. really.

Cannot understand you guys at all. Really. It beats me. This question was answered three times but here am I getting the same question. ITS A DEMO. YES ITS FREAKING DEMO. BECAUSE I PERSONALLY DONT TRADE CONTINUOUSLY. I HAVE A 12 HOUR JOB. I DONT HAVE MONEY TO WASTE ON TRADING. I CANNOT AFFORD TO TRADE. I HAVE A WIFE A KID AND MY INCOME IS NOT ENOUGH FOR ME TO TAKE RISKS. I AM SOFTWARE PROGRAMMER FOR FINANCIAL TECH FIRM. SO AM SURE NOW 6 POSTS LATER SOMEONE WILL AGAIN ASK :: WHY IS IT UNVERIFIED WHEN IT IS VERIFIED ON FXBLUE AND MENTIONED 5 TIMES THAT IT IS A DEMO MT4. STILL I WILL HAVE TO ANSWER THAT I CANNOT AFFORD TO TRADE.

A VERIFIED FXBLUE URL: http://www.fxblue.com/users/tqforex/stats for you. enjoy.

Do me a favor: dont bother copying. its ok. Am not gaining anything. I dont lose anything. Its your loss.

Comment

Hey Rod, I appreciate the frank post. I agree. I dont know dayfox etc. This is Golden Boy and the diff is that this is a computer system you are following and not a manual guy.

Comment

Am going home. Its late for me. Enjoy the signal. The system sends me hourly emails on the status of the system. So I monitor this system 24 hrs so you guys can enjoy this.

Comment

Glad your "no thanks" comments were at least partially in jest.

If I may offer a suggestion, and I hope you will take it as sincere, do not try to compare your system to traders here that have a long track record. Do not try to make yourself look better. I'm sure you believe it to be true, but many of us will take it to be pushy. Especially since the traders you are talking about have a long track record that is verified, compared to your relatively short term unverified record.

A similar thing applies to manual traders vs EAs. A lot of us here have gone the EA route in the past trying many of them. For most of us it has been an unsuccessful journey. Again after you have a long term verified performance such comparisons may be more in order.

If you do prove to be long term successful in our eyes, and I sincerely hope you do, you will get lots of people promoting your cause for you. Unfortunately that will take some time. I hope you will allow that to happen.

Also I would appreciate an answer to this from my previous post: "Also I read in Post #35 that you only occasionally trade this. Is it not something that you can put on a live account and just let it trade?"

Cheers,
                          Rod
                          Last edited by nwboater; 11-24-2014, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nwboater View Post
                            Glad your "no thanks" comments were at least partially in jest.

If I may offer a suggestion, and I hope you will take it as sincere, do not try to compare your system to traders here that have a long track record. Do not try to make yourself look better. I'm sure you believe it to be true, but many of us will take it to be pushy. Especially since the traders you are talking about have a long track record that is verified, compared to your relatively short term unverified record.

A similar thing applies to manual traders vs EAs. A lot of us here have gone the EA route in the past trying many of them. For most of us it has been an unsuccessful journey. Again after you have a long term verified performance such comparisons may be more in order.

If you do prove to be long term successful in our eyes, and I sincerely hope you do, you will get lots of people promoting your cause for you. Unfortunately that will take some time. I hope you will allow that to happen.

Also I would appreciate an answer to this from my previous post: "Also I read in Post #35 that you only occasionally trade this. Is it not something that you can put on a live account and just let it trade?"

Cheers,
                            Rod
                            No I will never trade. Its something that I have decided after some major fiascos early on in my life. So I do trade on 500 usd account just to monitor commisision, spread etc which is then fed into algo for calculation purposes etc. The algo needs to monitor the spread windeing etc during certain times. If it finds fluctuation spreads, it shuts trades.

Comment

also I was not comparing. You brought in some trader named dayfx. So I was saying why this is diff. Unlike manual traders, Golden Boy is a Ninjatrader system.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt answers to my posts. Will be following your system with much interest.

Cheers,
                                Rod

Comment

Working...
                                X