This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi TQforex,

I understand you getting a little frustrated with the comments considering you're trying to offer something for free that you believe to be good quality, however your attitude towards trading this on your own money is something that makes it incredibly unattractive from most people's perspective.

People aren't going to risk an account more than a few hundred dollars on a system that's run on a demo account and has no skin in the game.

You could have a bad day and take it out on the market, get upset with a post on the forum or just lose interest in the whole idea of FX, then disappear without any consequence, when those following you would be left high and dry.

I appreciate what you're trying to do, just trying to give you some perspective from a followers point of view.
    Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

TQ, well I for one am saying thanks. I have it running on demo, and it's delivered an honest 6% since I turned it on on 20 November. Currently got a unch of trades open, net position on open trades is flat.

So it's stacking up a promised. I remain very interested, but am still scorched myself from when I let greed outweigh healthy fear, so will go slowly.

It looks like a very honest system, not sensitive to spread or slippage.

I genuinely appreciate your offer here.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
        Hi TQforex,

I understand you getting a little frustrated with the comments considering you're trying to offer something for free that you believe to be good quality, however your attitude towards trading this on your own money is something that makes it incredibly unattractive from most people's perspective.

People aren't going to risk an account more than a few hundred dollars on a system that's run on a demo account and has no skin in the game.

You could have a bad day and take it out on the market, get upset with a post on the forum or just lose interest in the whole idea of FX, then disappear without any consequence, when those following you would be left high and dry.

I appreciate what you're trying to do, just trying to give you some perspective from a followers point of view.
        Nick, yes so which is why its free. Your own team traders have money in the game and yet I think a few of them were not able to do anything great. So having my own money in the game is like saying a doctor needs to be a patient to treat the patient better whereas all research suggests that if a doctor is disconnected from the patient, will do better for the patient. Having a few dollars in the game does not in any way reduced the chances of a manual trader going kaput. Your own traders have shown that imo. Traders ultimately are people who take risks and unless a trader is on top of his game, will always be at receiving end of the market whether he has money or no money.

That is why forex trading is going the way of the bots. Now the bots on retail are sadly MT4 driven and the bots are very mediocre. But Golden Boy is not a MT4 system. Its a institutional level algorithmic trading system coded on multi instruments, multi-positions and multi-timeframes at the same time. The list of trades taken on clients are already shown since 1st May. But its from Ninjatrader.

So appreciate your point of view and thank you for responding on this thread.

Give Golden Boy the space and you will know what I mean when I say it will beat all manual traders put together Thats a challenge. I love a good challenge. It started 26 Oct and stands 24%. You can count your manual traders and see how much they made. All combined will be less than 10%. It also has lower DD. Thats what I meant. This is not to degrade a manual trader but am making a point that a computer cannot be matched when it comes to trend trading. Its ability to find all permutations and combinations are unparalleled. Yesterday it was trading EURAUD, AUDUSD, USDCAD, USDJPY, GBPJPY, EURJPY, EURUSD, GBPUSD and others. Thats more than 10 symbols. Manual traders will focus on one or two trends at a time. A system has many eyes and can track many things at a time. If all clicks, you will have a jump in return. If some click, you make a few returns. If all goes bad, you will have a small dip in returns because then the algo safety mechnism kicks and closes trades even before stops are hit. Its the sheer variety of this system which needs to be appreciated.

David above has already said each and every trade and pip is getting copied. So performance is matching on a live account. So enjoy folks.

Cheers
        Gab,
        Last edited by tqforex; 11-25-2014, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tqforex View Post
          Nick, yes so which is why its free. Your own team traders have money in the game and yet I think a few of them were not able to do anything great. So having my own money in the game is like saying a doctor needs to be a patient to treat the patient better whereas all research suggests that if a doctor is disconnected from the patient, will do better for the patient. Having a few dollars in the game does not in any way reduced the chances of a manual trader going kaput. Your own traders have shown that imo. Traders ultimately are people who take risks and unless a trader is on top of his game, will always be at receiving end of the market whether he has money or no money.

That is why forex trading is going the way of the bots. Now the bots on retail are sadly MT4 driven and the bots are very mediocre. But Golden Boy is not a MT4 system. Its a institutional level algorithmic trading system coded on multi instruments, multi-positions and multi-timeframes at the same time. The list of trades taken on clients are already shown since 1st May. But its from Ninjatrader.

Give Golden Boy the space and you will know what I mean when I say it will beat all manual traders put together Thats a challenge. I love a good challenge. It started 26 Oct and stands 24%. You can count your manual traders and see how much they made. All combined will be less than 10%. It also has lower DD. Thats what I meant. This is not to degrade a manual trader but am making a point that a computer cannot be matched when it comes to trend trading. Its ability to find all permutations and combinations are unparalleled. Yesterday it was trading EURAUD, AUDUSD, USDCAD, USDJPY, GBPJPY, EURJPY, EURUSD, GBPUSD and others. Thats more than 10 symbols. Manual traders will focus on one or two trends at a time. A system has many eyes and can track many things at a time. If all clicks, you will have a jump in return. If some click, you make a few returns. If all goes bad, you will have a small dip in returns because then the algo safety mechnism kicks and closes trades even before stops are hit. Its the sheer variety of this system which needs to be appreciated.

David above has already said each and every trade and pip is getting copied. So performance is matching on a live account. So enjoy folks.

Cheers
          Gab,
          Love to see a good challenge accepted! As long as we keep this thread a bit cleaner than the last challenge we had on this site... haha
          I'm personally giving it a go, will keep a very close eye on performance so best of luck Gab

Comment

Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
            Love to see a good challenge accepted! As long as we keep this thread a bit cleaner than the last challenge we had on this site... haha
            I'm personally giving it a go, will keep a very close eye on performance so best of luck Gab
            Thanks.

As am a programmer with a firm, if you have trading systems which you want coded up and ready to deploy, please give us a shout. We will code it and deploy it for you on your system or on a VPS where ever you like. We consult, code, develop and deploy trading systems. What is a trading system? Its simply a set of rules. So if you follow a trading system, and you think you want it automated so that you dont need to manually check it everyday, then coding the system is the way to go. We do that job very well. Our forte is Ninjatrader, MT4, MT5. No professional trader will use MT4 for automated trading so if you are still on MT4 then its time to make a shift to Ninja.

Comment

Originally posted by idempotent View Post
              TQ, well I for one am saying thanks. I have it running on demo, and it's delivered an honest 6% since I turned it on on 20 November. Currently got a unch of trades open, net position on open trades is flat.

So it's stacking up a promised. I remain very interested, but am still scorched myself from when I let greed outweigh healthy fear, so will go slowly.

It looks like a very honest system, not sensitive to spread or slippage.

I genuinely appreciate your offer here.
              Thanks idempotent. That is all I need to hear that it is a honest system and feedback like that helps me a lot. Forex world is full of cheaters. I understand that and which is why I want to win your trust and confidence. At some point in life, I will want to make money of this but for now I want to put some cash in your pockets.

Ask a painter "what he loves most and he will say to be honored by connoisseurs".
              Last edited by tqforex; 11-25-2014, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Cheers
                Gab,
                Hi Gab,

I disagree vehemently with you on a few of these points, however I don't want to kill your enthusiasm so we can agree to disagree.

What I will agree on is that there is a place for automated systems that are adapted as the market changes.

I would be interested in your reasoning behind not trading your own money. You've mentioned it a couple of times on the thread without giving much of an explanation as to why, can you please help me better understand why you wouldn't put money behind your creation that you expect to generate very attractive returns well into the future?

Comment

Hi Gab,

I disagree vehemently with you on a few of these points, however I don't want to kill your enthusiasm so we can agree to disagree.

What I will agree on is that there is a place for automated systems that are adapted as the market changes.

I would be interested in your reasoning behind not trading your own money. You've mentioned it a couple of times on the thread without giving much of an explanation as to why, can you please help me better understand why you wouldn't put money behind your creation that you expect to generate very attractive returns well into the future?
                  Happy to Nick. I love the way you say am all enthu. What part do you disagree? I would love a debate. Its not my system am promoting or anything. Its free. Nor am I going to defend it. But are you disagreeing the concept of manual vs automated? I would love your side of the story if you think manual traders can beat a system. Please note am not talking mediocre retail bots which all that they do is buy when price goes above a sma or something like that. So am not comparing manual to those. Am comparing manual traders vs a truly hedge fund quality institutional prop desk algorithm. Of the kind which can monitor social media, which can monitor news streams, which can monitor rumors, which can monitor weather station RSS, which can take multi positions etc etc. So do you disagree that manual guys grow old? Do you disagree that manual traders can only trade a one or two pair? Do you disagree that manual trader has limited bandwidth to monitor? Do you disagree that manual guys have emotions? I believe the answer to all these will make you see my point. On live trading, i have already answered. One I have a full time Job with a software firm and second I dont have the money to take risks. Also I would like to correct this is not my creation. It was a client who gave us this system which we coded. This was coded about a year back and the client (happens to be a big boy) has a NDA with us which allow us to use it for our purposes beyond a 6 month window period. This is a financial structure in which this system was coded. Its in this purview that Trading Quotient is opening it for free for now. If need be, TQ may open a MAM with your help hopefully and open it for members. But for now its free. enjoy. So its not my creation. Am just a humble coder who has trading experience and I appreciate the quality of this system.

But I would love to hear your side of the story on how manual guys can beat a system? There is a reason why large institutions are increasing automation. Manual traders will get fired or laid off or shifted to investment banks. Trading desks around the world is downsizing and the first to go are the ego filled pompous manual traders. If earlier there were 10 traders on a desk, now there are 7. Out 7 atleast 4 will monitor the algo. So its universally recognized thing that algos are taking over. So let me hear you justifying a manual. I have seen umpteen number of manual signal guys go bust in record time. Those surviving make low returns anyways.
                  Last edited by tqforex; 11-25-2014, 06:05 AM.

Comment

I also have a view on traders who dont use stops. Its criminal. Absolutely criminal. There is no reason in the world a trader should not have a mental stop or a hard stop. In forex anything can happen at any time. Remember the CHF Peg? 1000 pips in seconds. I know many who were wiped clean. Losing thousands of dollars. Anything can happen anytime. Always always use a stop. Thats why Golden Boy gives a huge amount of importance to stop management. Moving trails, Closing below pivots. Letting big winners run while moving the stops. Just see what USDJPY did. Moved 110 to 118. What a move. Only a system with trailing stops could have caught. Golden Boy caught it. Look at GB PJPY or EURJPY. These are big winners which Golden Boy caught but notice the way it was moving the stops with the move higher. Its a thing of art.

Comment

am off to work. Enjoy the day, night. see you folks later. Golden Boy will keep you occupied. Next project for Golden Boy is to automate replies to posters here.

Comment

Happy to Nick. I love the way you say am all enthu. What part do you disagree? I would love a debate. Its not my system am promoting or anything. Its free. Nor am I going to defend it. But are you disagreeing the concept of manual vs automated? I would love your side of the story if you think manual traders can beat a system. Please note am not talking mediocre retail bots which all that they do is buy when price goes above a sma or something like that. So am not comparing manual to those. Am comparing manual traders vs a truly hedge fund quality institutional prop desk algorithm. Of the kind which can monitor social media, which can monitor news streams, which can monitor rumors, which can monitor weather station RSS, which can take multi positions etc etc. So do you disagree that manual guys grow old? Do you disagree that manual traders can only trade a one or two pair? Do you disagree that manual trader has limited bandwidth to monitor? Do you disagree that manual guys have emotions? I believe the answer to all these will make you see my point. On live trading, i have already answered. One I have a full time Job with a software firm and second I dont have the money to take risks. Also I would like to correct this is not my creation. It was a client who gave us this system which we coded. This was coded about a year back and the client (happens to be a big boy) has a NDA with us which allow us to use it for our purposes beyond a 6 month window period. This is a financial structure in which this system was coded. Its in this purview that Trading Quotient is opening it for free for now. If need be, TQ may open a MAM with your help hopefully and open it for members. But for now its free. enjoy. So its not my creation. Am just a humble coder who has trading experience and I appreciate the quality of this system.

But I would love to hear your side of the story on how manual guys can beat a system? There is a reason why large institutions are increasing automation. Manual traders will get fired or laid off or shifted to investment banks. Trading desks around the world is downsizing and the first to go are the ego filled pompous manual traders. If earlier there were 10 traders on a desk, now there are 7. Out 7 atleast 4 will monitor the algo. So its universally recognized thing that algos are taking over. So let me hear you justifying a manual. I have seen umpteen number of manual signal guys go bust in record time. Those surviving make low returns anyways.
                        Lot's of questions there Gab.

No, yes, no, maybe, perhaps, hmm, yes, no maybe, that depends on the weather, no, yes, that's what my uncle said too, no, yes.

Ok... enough comedic relief. I agree algo's can outperform manual traders in the kind of environment you're talking about. However we're not in that space. Everything goes through MT4, so that rules out a big part of where alog's excel in HFT

The reason I'm against algo's is because they're a black box from a retail traders perspective. What happens if it starts loosing? then continues to deplete accounts for months due to the market no longer co-operating with the system? How can I feel confident in a system that is essentially a bunch of one's and zero's that was created at a time when the market was behaving a certain way.

Now... I know what you're going to say, these things are as smart as T-1000 and can adjust to any form as seen in the movie blockbuster of 1991. But who knows when it might fall into a pit of molten volatility and not find an escape?

I don't... therein lies the issue.

Comment

Lot's of questions there Gab.

No, yes, no, maybe, perhaps, hmm, yes, no maybe, that depends on the weather, no, yes, that's what my uncle said too, no, yes.

Ok... enough comedic relief. I agree algo's can outperform manual traders in the kind of environment you're talking about. However we're not in that space. Everything goes through MT4, so that rules out a big part of where alog's excel in HFT

The reason I'm against algo's is because they're a black box from a retail traders perspective. What happens if it starts loosing? then continues to deplete accounts for months due to the market no longer co-operating with the system? How can I feel confident in a system that is essentially a bunch of one's and zero's that was created at a time when the market was behaving a certain way.

Now... I know what you're going to say, these things are as smart as T-1000 and can adjust to any form as seen in the movie blockbuster of 1991. But who knows when it might fall into a pit of molten volatility and not find an escape?

I don't... therein lies the issue.
                          Ok we agree to disagree, I get your point. I have seen many retail auto system that start well and then go off the track in a sideways markets. I get what you saying. So if you note Golden Boys trades i back in May (not on MT4 but on Ninja), you will see how it was working through a sideways markets. But the truth is it needs trends to make money. else it will lie flat on its face. Bye for now. cya guys.

Comment

Ok so so much to read through here. TQ could you please sum up for me and others that have just found this thread as to why it is free. I mean that in the most innocent way and not provoking at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                              Ok so so much to read through here. TQ could you please sum up for me and others that have just found this thread as to why it is free. I mean that in the most innocent way and not provoking at all.
                              Quck explanation on EURAUD.

EURAUD closed at 1.4564. However the target was 1.4581. But the trade hit 1.4572 which is 8 pips away from target which means the stop management kicks in and closes the trade on the next 10 min tick open. The algo will not risk afer coming to 10 pips of a 100 pip target move and lose it all away. So its a quick explanation of what happened there. Am trying to open a highly complicated algorithm to retail and trying to make sure that the blackbox of Golden Boy is more transparent. But I doubt if retail will really appreciate what is going on under the hood but anyways will make an effort to explain when needed.

Comment

Other thing to note is that these trades are not scalps. They are big massive winners. In fact it is safer to be trading an algo than a manual trader who may forget to put a stop or never put a stop or put the wrong stops. Golden never forgets a stop or a target. Infact it is hyper anxious to make sure, stops and profit orders are hidden from brokers and protect each trade. Stops comes first and then everything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X