This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nwboater View Post
    It could have been caused by slippage. I think there is a setting for max slippage in the copier.
    I don't have that one either. I think the pip slippage is set at 2. We may have to expand that a bit. So far this week i have 37 closed trades versus 41 for golden boy. So i have missed a few. 3 GBPAUD and 1 GBCCAD. They may not be the most liquid for my broker.

Comment

• GBPAUD and GBPCAD sometimes needs to be enabled specially in the MT4 as these crosses are not always enabled. So just try to manually trade and see if you can take these two symbols.

Comment

• What do you feel would be the minimum size live ECN account this could safely be run on? Leverage is 400:1

Thanks,
        Rod
        Last edited by nwboater; 11-26-2014, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• As big as you want unless you are getting into millions. Algo is a very safe system automated and run by codes. No human element so that should give comfort that no emotions are involved. What you see in the past is what you get in future. We just need to hope that enough trends are available to trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by tqforex View Post
            As big as you want unless you are getting into millions. Algo is a very safe system automated and run by codes. No human element so that should give comfort that no emotions are involved. What you see in the past is what you get in future. We just need to hope that enough trends are available to trade.
            Thanks but I meant the smallest?

Comment

• WillT, did you delete a post of mine where I disputed your 90% market share figure? Deleting a post is not a nice thing because the post was a innocent question but if it was deleted then that really questions the credibility of everything.

Comment

WillT, did you delete a post of mine where I disputed your 90% market share figure? Deleting a post is not a nice thing because the post was a innocent question but if it was deleted then that really questions the credibility of everything.
                I still see it - Post #114

Comment

• Ok thanks. Guess Long day. I trust these blokes Nick/WIllT guys and in future they will host the MT4 of GoldenBoy so I was a bit disturbed if a post of mine went missing for no reason

Comment

GBPAUD and GBPCAD sometimes needs to be enabled specially in the MT4 as these crosses are not always enabled. So just try to manually trade and see if you can take these two symbols.
                    Thanks for the heads-up. I checked my Marketwatch and it looks like they are enabled. I did get a couple of the GBCCAD's later. So it might have been the slippage. I'll move it to 4 for the rest of the week and see what happens.

ba

Comment

• From history it's good that people missed the EA trade. Seems genius that you can enable the losing trades to not get copied!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                        From history it's good that people missed the EA trade. Seems genius that you can enable the losing trades to not get copied!
                        Maybe Nick/Will can add that into the ST copier?

Comment

• Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
                          Maybe Nick/Will can add that into the ST copier?
                          Would be nice, wouldn't it

Comment

Hey WIllT, how did you get to 90%? Plain guess? This site has what 1100 users who are active and total of 18,000 members That definitely cannot be 90% of forex retail base. I suppose people who use ST will be registered as member of this site so at max 1100 users are using this copier which is a fairly low number. Am missing something but that was a simple math.
                            Will is saying that 90% of users that you get on this site will want to use SimpleTrader instead of MT4i.

My experience using Mt4i is that it's fairly confusing to set up and the loop speed is about 10x larger than SimpleTrader. This is why it's free...
                            Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              Will is saying that 90% of users that you get on this site will want to use SimpleTrader instead of MT4i.

My experience using Mt4i is that it's fairly confusing to set up and the loop speed is about 10x larger than SimpleTrader. This is why it's free...
                              Loop speed means the speed from master to server and server to client MT4. Possible I dont know. But its not missed trades on a sample client am using except a EURAUD yesterday. Why cant you keep ST free? I dont think ST is using $15 of server resources? $15 is like a VPS monthly cost. So obviously ST at $15 means massive margins for you. Now that free copiers are cropping up, you should reduce the price or make it free for first 50 users or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                                From history it's good that people missed the EA trade. Seems genius that you can enable the losing trades to not get copied!
                                wish I could. EURAUD closed at 1.4635 as closed below piviot for 3 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X