X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SpiderX View Post
    Hi Gabriel,

Assuming the system has a bad day and made a series of losing trades and loses 10% of the account...does it stop trading ?

Cheers
    Ok. I think you are getting confused. System needs to know what is a "bad day". What is a bad day? A bad day for you is 10%. For me its 2%. So we cannot make such generalisations. And sometimes system has a bad day in Asia (2% fall) and by US end is up 2%. System is already extremely efficient and its ready delivered system to pro client enjoy it.
    Last edited by tqforex; 11-28-2014, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ESG View Post
      Hi,

before connecting a real acount to Golden Boy I would like to know how we could get in contact with you directly.
      As Nick has direct contact to the traders on forexsignal.com he is our communication channel of trust.
      I would like to have a direct connection to the person that's providing the signal for dealing with my real account, containing several k of hard earned money.
      Furthermore all followers have to trust that they aren't lost if something goes wrong with the communication channel NT -> MT4 -> FXBlue -> real account. Some of us aren't able to trade out of a bad situation if there's a basket of trades unmanaged due to technical issues.

Do you have a profile on linkedin, facebook or anything else?

Kind regards
      ESG
      ESG,
      Good point. I will give that out when and if ever go serious. I will only go paid if I leave my job and can devote full time. My aim is to leave my job in six months and tell my boss to shove it the next time he says that I do not have personal skills (exactly what Nick wrote above that I dont have interpersonal skills). But on a serious note, i will devote myself to help you guys over a video conference call every monday. of course I will not give you my home numbers. I dont want my wife and kids to wake up in the middle of night with me helping you guys with your trading business. But other than that I will be around to help you.

But till then, consider this as is and the risk is yours, money is yours and reward if yours. David above took a small demo and then shifted to live seeing how stops mgmt worked. Trust me when I say that GoldenBoy will beat the pants out of the traders here whom you trust so much. You can stack them together and they will be beaten. By the way I just read someone lost 64k trading one of the signals. That is sad. I think you guys should be extra extra extra dilligent trading any signal even Golden Boy. Do a lot of research on the previous trades. If you want, you can send me a set of market conditions with the data so I can do backtesting and give it to you.

That is the best I can do.

Comment

• no open trades on client accounts. I have manually intervened on yesterday low volum e holiday. Golden boy is running on original system but I normally do not expose it to clients on a US holiday. OPEC decision was the only thing that was useful but that did make CAD move.

Golden boy currently is long USDJPY, USDCAD and Short AUDUSD. But not on clients. I think I will connect it again on Monday.
        Last edited by tqforex; 11-28-2014, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• The thing about an algo is that it does what it says. If it says it has stops then it has stops. If it says it moves stops on ATR then it does that without getting carried away on emotions. The thing manual traders is that you cannot trust them. They will start off saying that they will do this and that and they will cut trading at 15% DD and will not allow losses to accumulate. But they almost always break the rules. Human beings break rules because they are blessed or cursed with emotions. Algos can be trusted more than human beings because it just follows rules coded into it. No emotions. Stop mgmt is the forte of this system. Yesterday, we had hardly any trends and the system kept chipping away at small losses before holiday session started and I cut it off. I would have turned it on now but its already in some 5 trades and its a friday so if it reenters new trades, then chances of trends playing it before market closes are small.

Comment

• Hi Gabriel,

Really appreciate all your communications here. It's all quite helpful!

Was fun watching it trade until shutdown. Only been a short time, but I'm up 1%. Will stay on demo for awhile longer.

Do you have any sense if a 1k ECN account at 1:400 should be large enough to run it? If necessary I could lower the risk in the copier. If I go live I need to start fairly small and as time goes on would put more on it.

Thanks again for sharing this.

Cheers,
            Rod
            Last edited by nwboater; 11-28-2014, 01:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nwboater View Post
              Hi Gabriel,

Really appreciate all your communications here. It's all quite helpful!

Was fun watching it trade until shutdown. Only been a short time, but I'm up 1%. Will stay on demo for awhile longer.

Do you have any sense if a 1k ECN account at 1:400 should be large enough to run it? If necessary I could lower the risk in the copier. If I go live I need to start fairly small and as time goes on would put more on it.

Thanks again for sharing this.

Cheers,
              Rod
              Yes any amount is fine. Copier will automatically adjust and take trades with a lot size that corresponds to the risk on master. system best days are when there are big movers around. Am going to switch it on and let it run to end of day....good or bad, let it sort out the trades as it wants

Comment

• I will be away for much of today on work. Pls drop me an email. I cannot access the forum at office. So i need emails from you if you need answers to anything imp. email id funds@tqforex.com

Comment

• Thanks for the response.

Interesting, when you switched it on it immediately opened 6 trades and promptly closed each of them for small losses. Two more are still open

Cheers,
                  Rod

Comment

• Yeah I lost 0.5% in 1 minute with the open close if those trades. Strange.

Comment

• Let me dispel some fears about the system which will give you a better feel of this:
                      1. The system is extra cautious on risk. No orphan trades, No trades without stops. No trades without profits.
                      2. Trades have hidden stops and profits for obvious reasons
                      3. Each trade is directly controlled by the algo
                      4. No two trades can be taken on the same pair.
                      5. 95% of trades start with two positions on a pair combined at same entry and then one of them is closed first and then second is closed at a second profit level.
                      6. Partial closes are needed by clients to take advantage of multi positions
                      7. Excellent internet connecvitity is needed because stops are hidden and sent separately to clients
                      8. Stops move on a 4 hrs basis Profits dont move as each trade already has a potential to make upto 3% if all profits hit.
                      9. FIFO compliant
                      10. No hedging. no long and short in a pair
                      11. Stops never ever move wider than original stops.
                      12. Original risk to a trade can be upto 3% but depends on the ATR.
                      13. In about 5% of trades, original stops are taken which is considered a very bad trade because the full risk of the trade is exposed.
                      14. Longer the trade stays in execution, the tighter the stops move and hence lesser risk.
                      15. If a trade is in profit, stops start moving tighter and reduce risk
                      16. System performs best during times of trends. During sideways markets losses are normal and small(max DD seen between 1st May to Nov was 9.3%) Before that on a client in Jan it hit 13%. So DD are rare but will happen over time.
                      17. Returns can look excessive in the past but that is because of significant trends. In future if such trends exist, it will make same returns.

Any points you need answered, let me know.

Comment

• Give it time to perform. I cannot help in any way because am not trading. The system and it cannot hear you (for a good reason). So let it do its job. Dont suggest improvement which make no sense. If you are taking a system, then its for a reason that you need it more than it needs you. So consider yourself a minion trader and let the system do its job.

Secondly, today is a friday with ONE data. chance of a loss are high but am turning it on just as you continue to get a feel of it and be ready for the next big trend. Ok bye. Pls try emailing me in case of urgency. Make sure internet connection is good.
                        Last edited by tqforex; 11-28-2014, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                          Yeah I lost 0.5% in 1 minute with the open close if those trades. Strange.
                          That happened because I made a mistake. When I was switching it on, it opened the existing trades running on Ninja. The original algo was already running with 5 or 6 positions when I enabled the strategy to connect to MT4. I should have first closed the original positions and then enabled the copy strategy. So it was a manual mistake in switching it on. myfxbook or fxblue will reflect that loss and positions. match it.

Comment

• TQ,

Just a heads up that part of our service would be to host the master account on our servers and manage the connection on your behalf.

All you need to do is monitor the system on your side and communicate with clients on the forum here.

I don't see a lot of downside to be honest. It's not an exclusive arrangement, you can keep your Mt4i copier. I'm just suggesting this as an alternative to people if they have issues with you managing the copier and connection.

All we would need from you is your investor details. We then give people a link that they can sign up to connect their account, it's that easy.
                            Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              TQ,

Just a heads up that part of our service would be to host the master account on our servers and manage the connection on your behalf.

All you need to do is monitor the system on your side and communicate with clients on the forum here.

I don't see a lot of downside to be honest. It's not an exclusive arrangement, you can keep your Mt4i copier. I'm just suggesting this as an alternative to people if they have issues with you managing the copier and connection.

All we would need from you is your investor details. We then give people a link that they can sign up to connect their account, it's that easy.
                              Nick appreciate it. Will take you up soon. Next big trend caught and in the bag will seal the deal.

Comment

• Nick

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                                TQ,

Hi guys, can I just ask Nick, if you do this for golden boy does that mean to use it we would need to subscribe ??

Comment

Working...
                                X