• Trading Room
  • Trusted Brokers
  • Blog
  • Forex Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Balboa's fxbook.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Balboa's fxbook.

    Hi guys,

    I started trading 5 years ago and have been profitable for the last for two years which was when I discovered my edge. Averaging around 30% ROI a year risking no more then 1% trading capital per trade.

    I work part time and trade off the 1hr and upwards timeframe. So I am not a full time trader as I don't have enough funds to be able to make a full time living trading as yet.

    I will post the link to myfxbook below with my trading stats.

    Strike rate isn't very high. It's between 30% and 45% and my Risk:Reward ratio is 1:3.

    I trade around 40 pairs and commodities and having back tested the strategy for the last 8 years the worst performing year(2009) had a return of 23% profit and best performing year had a return of 70% profit(2011).

    maximum Drawdowns rarely exceed 15% although there was a 28% max drawdown in 2009 but that year still finished with a profit in the end.

    My primary focus is around risk management and will not risk more then 1% per trade.

    Losing months will happen but there hasn't been a losing year with this strategy.

    http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Trad...etking/1084155

    Regards

    Balboa
    Last edited by Balboa; 01-23-2015, 10:58 PM.

  • #2
    January Summary.

    Total trading funds available = 5000
    Deposited 3000

    7 losers and 2 winners resulting in net profit of 50

    This equates to a 1% capital gain in January.

    Comment


    • #3
      Nice work. I am also in the same boat as you with the ideal aspect of trading while only risking a very limited amount per trade setup. I looked at your history and some trades were up to 2% risk per trade. Can you explain what happen? I don't see a stoploss value. What limits your loss based on your 1% rule?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RedRhinoFX View Post
        Nice work. I am also in the same boat as you with the ideal aspect of trading while only risking a very limited amount per trade setup. I looked at your history and some trades were up to 2% risk per trade. Can you explain what happen? I don't see a stoploss value. What limits your loss based on your 1% rule?
        Hello Rhino,

        My total trading capital is 5000 and risk taken per trade is based on a 5k amount.

        I have deposited 3k with the broker. I prefer not to deposit all my trading capital with one broker just incase they go bust or any of those sorts.

        I mentioned this in my 2nd post

        Hope this answers your question.

        Comment


        • #5
          I understand now. You have about half of your total risk capital at Account A so a 2% loss equates to 1% of your total risk capital.

          Comment


          • #6
            February Summary

            Total Trading Funds available 5000

            Deposited 3000

            Made a profit of 441 which equals to 8.8% gain.

            http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Trad...etking/1084155

            Comment


            • #7
              Hey balboa is this a signal you're offering or are you documenting your progress here on forum only?

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi Shawntan,

                In the short term I would like to document my progress. Reason being I would like to set the correct expectations for potential subscribers. I am a higher Time Frame trader trading off the 1 hr charts and higher. Mostly the 4 HR, 8HR, 12 HR, Daily and Weekly time frames.

                So by documenting it for a few months and having you guys see my live trading results on myfxbook you will see that it is a very safe strategy with good risk management and small drawdowns and over a 12 month period it can give you a healthy profit (NO GUARANTEES THERE WON'T BE A LOSING YEAR BUT I HAVE TRADED THIS STRATEGY PROFITABLY FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS AND 2015 IS MY 3RD YEAR TRADING THIS STRATEGY. HAVING BACKTESTED IT OVER THE LAST 8 YEARS THERE HASN'T BEEN A SINGLE LOSING YEAR. WORST PERFORMING YEAR HAD A PROFIT OF 23% AND BEST PERFORMING YEAR HAS GIVEN A RETURN OF 70% WITH NO COMPOUNDING. SO THIS IS TO IMPRESS UPON YOU THAT OVER A 12 MONTH PERIOD THE ODDS ARE VERY MUCH IN OUR FAVOUR OF GENERATING ATLEAST 30% ROI)

                This signal service/MAM will be ideal for:
                a) those that have realistic expectations and are happy to average 2% to 4% a month.

                b) have a patient mindset and can wait days and weeks out for trades to hit profit or get stopped out

                c) those that understand that you could potentially be in a drawdown for weeks (small drawdowns rarely exceeding 15%. Since I started the process on myfxbook in NOVEMEBER 2014 you will see that the worst drawdown I have had is around 300 which is 6% of my trading capital)

                d) those that are happy to take less then 20 trades a month.

                e) those that appreciate low risk high reward trades (Reward:Risk ratio of 2:1 or more)

                f) those that appreciate good money management.

                Comment


                • #9
                  March Summary
                  Total Trading funds available = 5000
                  Deposited 3000
                  Made a loss of 426 which equals to 8.5% loss
                  http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Trad...etking/1084155

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    April Summary
                    Total Trading funds available = 5000
                    Deposited 3000
                    Made a loss of 144 which equals to 2.9% loss

                    As of May 1st Current Total Account balance = 4670 and therefore P&L = -6.6%
                    http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Trad...etking/1084155

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      May Summary
                      Total Trading funds available = 5000
                      Deposited 3000
                      Made a loss of 146 which equals to 2.9% loss
                      As of June 1st the Current total Account Balance = 4525 and therefore overall P&L = -9.5%
                      http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Trad...etking/1084155

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        July Summary
                        Total Trading funds available = 5000
                        Deposited 3000
                        Made a gain of 492 which equals to 9.8% gain
                        As of August 1st the current total Account Balance = 4665 and therefore overall P&L = -6.7%

                        So far for this year the lowest the account has been is 4150. This means in 2015 the maximum drawdown experienced so far is 17%
                        http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Trad...etking/1084155

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X