Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VieGold- Fixed SL/Fixed Volume/ Non MartiGrid

Hi everyone,

I am the creator of VieGold system. I hope I can bring something valuable to the table at forexsignals. My stats here:

FX Blue is a leading provider of apps and services for forex traders. FX Blue offers analysis of trading results, apps such as trade copiers and trade simulators, plus charts and alogrithmic news feeds.

Myfxbooks: http://www.myfxbook.com/members/moon...master/1101531

Some little special things about my system:

+ Non Martingale, non Grid. I am not a big fan of volume manipulation so I use fixed lot size for every trades. VieGold will make money solely for its ability to generate positive pips. Also it greatly helps subscribers/ investors with scaling in whatever risk they feel comfortable with.

+ Superb reward to risk trades. I have a tendency of letting my winning trades running and it helps me with my stress as I don't need extreme high win rates to be profitable. I just hate the idea of taking tiny bit of profits and suddenly some day I wake up and seeing my account in deep DD. Quite the contrary, :P some days I wake up and see some big fat profits from last night volatility and be very pleased.

+ I offer fixed stop loss of 100 pips for EVERY trades I put. Yes, every trade so investors never have to wonder when I'm gonna to cut it. Wrong is wrong and I want to admit it sooner rather than regret later. Most losing trades are from negative 30-50 pips though.

+ I'll never try to catch top or bottoms. In fact if the trend is up then I will keep scaling multiple buys into it; if the trend is down then I will keep selling. So no counter-trend trades.

+ Equity will be constantly above balance- so no hidden equity drawdown from balance

I hope you find the system interesting and worth diversifying into your portfolio.
    Feel free to ask any questions. If you want a quick reach then reach me at my skype: fundtrading
    Last edited by mooniekool; 03-10-2015, 12:45 PM.

Hi,

Can you please give a brief introduction of yourself and your experience in trading ?
    How long have you been working with this system ?

Cheers

Comment

Hi SpiderX,

I've been trading for 5 years and was a former FX Dealer. Just like the average trader I lost quite some money for the first several years of trading, around 10k I think.
      Since last year I was able to understand a lot more about market dynamics (lucky me), thus I could develop and test this system successfully.
      Setting up/deploying the system takes me many months and I was able to forward live test it since the end of 2014.
      To be short, I just have great confidence in its robustness and long term sustainability. And I want to offer something that I think I want to see more in the retail trading world today.
      Hope I answered your question
      Last edited by mooniekool; 03-17-2015, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Hi mooniekool,

Thanks for the reply.
        Great that you are using Globalprime for your broker and with a relatively low leverage of 1:100. These two are great pluses in my book.
        The equity curve and the features of the system look reminiscent of an antigrid, equity drops slowly but spikes up with a good trade. Quite the opposite of a grid trader.
        Just one thing...the volatility of gold is a bit high recently, and might possibly change in the long term, do you plan to keep this level of stoploss through til the future ?

Cheers
        Last edited by SpiderX; 03-11-2015, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Hi SpiderX,

Yes GlobalPrime is very good imo. I tried to go with FxOpen but the platform was not as stable and it costed me dearly Now just stick with GlobalPrime.
          About Gold Stop loss, the fixed SL 100 pip is like a fail-safe protection, most losing trades will be closed with less than 100 pip. And in the testing phase for several years and under quite a lot of market conditions I found that level of SL is good enough of protecting me from any blackswan or news events. So I have trust in it and will probably keep it for sometime.

Cheers

Comment

Hi mooniekool,

Thanks for your reply.
            Perhaps you should have a recommended risk for subs, i.e 0.01 lots to 1000 or something.
            Another thing to consider is that if you intend to keep trading at 0.01 lots, you should consider to do regular withdrawals on a timely basis to keep trading at your recommended risk and also such that your trading record does not get diminished by an increased account size.

My guess is that this system would do well in the current volatility/ trendiness of Gold, and might in fact be a good complement to another Gold Grid system here.
            However, in terms of psychology, the subscribers of a grid system might find it tough to stomach a gradual drop in equity in exchange for sudden spike ups of equity.
            This system should get some more attention after it gets more history. Good luck !

Cheers
            Last edited by SpiderX; 03-11-2015, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderX View Post
              Hi mooniekool,

Thanks for your reply.
              Perhaps you should have a recommended risk for subs, i.e 0.01 lots to 1000 or something.
              Another thing to consider is that if you intend to keep trading at 0.01 lots, you should consider to do regular withdrawals on a timely basis to keep trading at your recommended risk and also such that your trading record does not get diminished by an increased account size.

My guess is that this system would do well in the current volatility/ trendiness of Gold, and might in fact be a good complement to another Gold Grid system here.
              However, in terms of psychology, the subscribers of a grid system might find it tough to stomach a gradual drop in equity in exchange for sudden spike ups of equity.
              This system should get some more attention after it gets more history. Good luck !

Cheers
              If your saying this would work well with Gold Star, then yes I have already thought of this. Only you must think of the margin
              How many open trades at once will you have VieGold?

Comment

Hi BRM,

Normally the system will have 3-10 trades simultaneously. However in large trending time it can exploit up to 15 trades open at once. So it will be something like if Gold is going down from 1200 to 1000 it may have 15 short positions all the way down from 1200 to 1100. Margin should not be as a big issue as in a Grid system as VieGold mostly add to the trend when existing trades are in profit so you will have some additional margin to work with already.
                And yes I fully agree that the system will struggle in a sideway market, that's its nature and it will try its best to keep the drawdown period manageable and come out on top when big move come

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                  If your saying this would work well with Gold Star, then yes I have already thought of this. Only you must think of the margin
                  How many open trades at once will you have VieGold?
                  Probably this system could act as a hedge for Goldstar system.
                  A sophisticated user could perhaps adjust between both systems according to market conditions on Gold.
                  However, a seasoned grid user would find the behavior of this system hard to stomach psychologically due to the almost exact opposite behavior in terms of the equity curve.
                  My opinion is that this system requires more patience than a grid and subs should have a realistic expectation of what this system is or is not when subscribing.
                  Otherwise, mooniekool would be busy answering "What is happening with the system" everyday here in the forum.

Cheers

Comment

A sophisticated user could perhaps adjust between both systems according to market conditions on Gold.
                    However, a seasoned grid user would find the behavior of this system hard to stomach psychologically due to the almost exact opposite behavior in terms of the equity curve.
                    My opinion is that this system requires more patience than a grid and subs should have a realistic expectation of what this system is or is not when subscribing.
                    Otherwise, mooniekool would be busy answering "What is happening with the system" everyday here in the forum.

Cheers
                    I've also been monitoring this as a potential hedge for gold star especially given our current situation now, had we all have this signal on we would be effectively neutral through this 50 odd dollar plunge.

However the issue about using one signal to hedge the other is that in the event both signals trade the same direction that's when your margin and risk increase exponentially as with all grids.
                    of course this system isn't a grid but imagine your account equity and balance being cut consistently this signal cutting losses early, and gold star relentlessly placing trades further down the line, you'll be exposed to so much risk that it could blow your account.

What are your thoughts?

Comment

Cheers
                      Haha you cracked me so hard. And you absolutely nailed it. There are two spectrums of traders imho. The one who wants instant gratification for every day trading, that is, expecting to profit everyday- making small wins until big losses happen and they are in prolonged DD period. And there are also the one who can cut losses and never averaging in, waiting for some home runs.

And it's just something about psychology that one must be able to cope to trade/invest effectively with each system. I just see so many of the type 1 trader than type 2 trader nowadays so I just decided to become type 2

Comment

Originally posted by shawntan View Post
                        I've also been monitoring this as a potential hedge for gold star especially given our current situation now, had we all have this signal on we would be effectively neutral through this 50 odd dollar plunge.

However the issue about using one signal to hedge the other is that in the event both signals trade the same direction that's when your margin and risk increase exponentially as with all grids.
                        of course this system isn't a grid but imagine your account equity and balance being cut consistently this signal cutting losses early, and gold star relentlessly placing trades further down the line, you'll be exposed to so much risk that it could blow your account.

What are your thoughts?
                        Hi Shawntan, I understand your concern. It is possibly a good idea for both system hedging each other.
                        My take is that if both system has positive expectancy (an edge over the market) then it is in fact a very good idea to hedge, just remember to keep your really risk small.
                        Each system operates efficiently in different market conditions. One important job of a good trader/investor is to decide which market condition is prevailing so he can take the right system into the right market. So you can consider, looking at higher TF probably, to decide which market condition is prevailing so you can choose an appropriate system. If in doubt, maybe just choose both for diversification or stay sideline.

Just my 2c

Comment

FOMC this week was such a nasty and volatile event. Currency pairs produced huge fake-out swing 300-500 pip move that decimated most momentum based systems. This type of grey swan event is a critical test of risk management for most systems. I am pleased to see VieGOLD was able to keep its risk and drawdown small (4% drawdown), substantially better compared to other systems considerable drawdown of >20% aftermath. Cases like this prove system survivalability is even more important than anything else. If you can survive unfavourable market conditions without much damage you will prevail when market plays in your favor. Just need to control risk properly and hang on!!

Comment

Working...
                          X