Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big River Man
    replied
    I've unfortunately had to cancel the subscription for now as I cannot afford to keep persisting and last week trades were again dissatisfaction. I'm really disappointed with not just the money that I have spent but the money lost but also on the lack of correspondence from Hans of late. I appreciate him trying to help us out here but I hope that he can offer us something here. I was genuinely excited by Hans Trend. I've had to reevaluate my trading goals because of this. Anyways hopefully we hear from Hans. Hope it turns around for you guys, like I said literally can't afford to keep paying the sub fee anymore

Leave a comment:

• arkoon
    replied
    Yes with my 600usd (6 month subscription..... joking....
    again, yes unlucky, but not Hans' fault. Still I lost money with this EA, add to that my 600usd subscription...

Leave a comment:

• BMM
    replied
    Hans,

are you on holiday?

Leave a comment:

• BMM
    replied
    Originally posted by BMM View Post
    it means ~2 times max historical DD ----> trading system has to be paused accordingly to normal knowledge about TS

I asked info about this common sense rule in the last days without any answer so I am forced to escalate my questions:

1) Hans, is two times max historical DD also your limit to stop a trading system?

2) Hans, are you going to stop Hanstrend due to point 1 ?

you did your best bringing us Hanstrend and I still thank you for that. This could happen and maybe happened, it 's normal with trading systems and just bad luck that happened as soon as you started selling it
    still no answer. Thankfully I stopped Hanstrend many days ago due to my above consideration

What is next step? Are you going to compensate this bad adventure offering an other system?

I still believe that it was just bad fortune to start offering a TS when it crashed but it happened indeed

Leave a comment:

• arkoon
    replied
    The fairest Hans can do. I think he won't but I have right to suggest no?
    Remove this HansTrend for now, time to fix it for sure now.
    Instead, offer the others good strategies he has in his secret portofolio.
    Then I will not have paid 600usd for 6 months for only losses!
    Thanks Hans!

Leave a comment:

• toddys2k
    replied
    Hans, I'm a your Gold MAM investor from 1 year and I'm satisfied, and for that I have invested in your HansTrend (6 month subscription). The performances of last 3 months are very poor and the strategy still take bad trades, every day; if you trading blindfolded you will get better results (I have followed every day every trade)! Yes, ok the strategy use SL not is a grid system, but with a decent multiplier (to cover high price of this signal) I will wipe out my account. Another embarrassing thing is how may time the strategy was in profit and in the end quit in loss... also, why in the uge events like NFP the strategy is not deactivated or managed manually? Sorry, but and this point I have lost some your confidence... (and obvious, I will not renew the subscription)

Leave a comment:

• Sherif
    replied
    This strategy is non sellable as a signal. ..
    No one would pay for 1 % growth in 8 months this much. .. no matter how big his capital was .. nor wven suitable for a mamm imo ..
    Good thing i took the right decision, ,

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    Some form of recognition to your subs for some time would be appreciated. I think I could speak on behalf of a few here for this request.

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    More big losses today...
    Hans will you support your subs and offer some free months?
    This has become quite unfortunate and really ridiculous to continue to pay for this. I'll be cancelling my subscription otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• Potter
    replied
    I am going to check this out. I must admit alarm bells go off when I hear about trends and look at the time of year.

Leave a comment:

• arkoon
    replied
    Please notice the """ when I say it does not work anymore.
    Like some here I saw the AMAZING history, I bought 6 months 600usd, and I had only losses. So I am sad (unlucky, ...) BUT it is none's fault.

Leave a comment:

• alazarus
    replied
    Hi Arkoon,

EA's are not for everyone and they do require some fundamental analysis to understand when to switch then off and on plus how to tweak accordingly. I think hanstrend has potential and Hans has a lot of capability to improve the signal. I'm not a programmer so there is an extent to which I can modify EAs based on stats. Hans could make the EA a lot more adaptive then commercial products out there.

"Not working anymore EA" isn't accurate - the current narrow monthly pip band makes the EA unprofitable - volatility can return in September returning the EA to profitability. This is not a permanent change to the market rendering the EA nonviable.

Regards,
    alazarus

Originally posted by arkoon View Post
    alazarus, despite I will not defend HansTrend that I paid 600usd or so for 6 months and got only losses (I stopped a bit after max DD hit), and will not blame Hans as it is not his fault, why are you interested in tweaking HansTrend when you have your Robinvol doing good, if I hear you well? Why tweak a "non working anymore EA" to make it better when you have one that already works well?

I ask again Hans to release other systems than Gold and HansTrend......

Leave a comment:

• arkoon
    replied
    alazarus, despite I will not defend HansTrend that I paid 600usd or so for 6 months and got only losses (I stopped a bit after max DD hit), and will not blame Hans as it is not his fault, why are you interested in tweaking HansTrend when you have your Robinvol doing good, if I hear you well? Why tweak a "non working anymore EA" to make it better when you have one that already works well?

I ask again Hans to release other systems than Gold and HansTrend......

Leave a comment:

• alazarus
    replied
    Here's my analysis Hans, feel free to disagree, but I hope you consider the below. I have unsubscribed to your signal because I am using RobinVol EA to get better results than your signal using the below modifications -

1. EUR/USD - 83% losing trades on Monday, narrowing of pip channel movement on last 3 months - note june-august so far 300 pip range - hence breakout reaches 4hr and 1hr resistance and support zones very easily from which they pull back from. Going against the general trend down (so longs) make up 10x more losses over the last 3 months. High number of losses in this pair in April because of longs that closed at loss.

2. AUD/USD - best probability pair, majority of losses on longs

3. USD/JPY - majority of losses on shorts

4. XAU/USD - majority of losses on longs

Some suggestions -

1. Disable trading of EA and signal on Mondays (or only enable on AUD/USD).

2. Determine long term trend on weekly/monthly charts then based on this amend EA every 1-3 months to only trade one side - e.g short only on EUR/USD, no longs. This may reduce profit but probability wise - will return overall steady performance by reducing DD.

3. Narrow month pip range are hard to deal with - but implementing (2) will mean less trades on narrow month channels. This is hard to predict as it's mainly due to fundamental reasons rather than technical ones. Wide pip movements in a month = profit for hanstrend. Generally with volatility bots 600 pips range in a month in a pair = good profits for that month. Maybe trailing stop loss may be required for these months.

4. Consider adding USD/CHF as a pair (monthly pip range around 500 pips for last 4 months before August) RobinVol performed well on this over the last 3 months.

Not to sound harsh, but you shouldn't be charging $150+ unless the EA is adapted every month based on monthly channels and key performance stats. If this is not done every month - it doesn't add value to the subscriber as we can purchase EA's such as RobinVol or Keltner Pro for $300 and make changes 1 and 2 to the EA's ourselves. Subscribers are expecting a smarter signal compared to a simple breakout EA.

Regards,
    alazarus

Originally posted by Hans Bowles View Post
    UPDATE:

Currently analyzing each single order which I made the last 3 months, which I have been doing for 3,5 weeks now, basically after 1,5 month+ of losses because I want to know whether this is supposed to happen and it will get back to the way it used to trade, OR it actually needs a small adjustment. Meanwhile I will continue trading HansTrend as before, and will post here again once I have come to a conclusion/result and whether I will change HansTrend slightly or not.

For now, there is no way that there is a certain rule for stop trading HansTrend, there also never has been. I tyraded my system and just let it ran, never looked back, and found out it was doing great, while there has been some small losses or even almost a year of no growth at all (just around 0%), but now I see that I have been making losses 3 months in a row, which is a record and unfortunately this means I need to at least analyze the cause of it and come with a solution.

All 4 pairs will stay in place, that's for sure, as all pairs seem to lose more than usual (in the past). Furtermore I can already say I will be looking specifically at the TP/SL setting as I already saw MANY orders didn't hit TP, while the orders stayed perfectly in gain... untill the trend reversed and went straight to SL. This is a clear sign that it could be that the TP level is too optimistic for the current market. I won't go into detail that much, as this is up to me and my own calculations, however some things many will agree with me, that for this time being the TP is a bit too optimistic.

To be continued. Hopefully during next week... same goes for answering any questions based on my reply here.

Ah and don't worry, I'm on this already before you guys start questioning I let you guys alone in the dark.

Cheers,
    Hans

PS. During the last 3 months I have made NO changes to the strategy, if I did.. I would have told it.

Leave a comment:

• Tripzor
    replied
    Originally posted by Hans Bowles View Post
    UPDATE:

Currently analyzing each single order which I made the last 3 months, which I have been doing for 3,5 weeks now, basically after 1,5 month+ of losses because I want to know whether this is supposed to happen and it will get back to the way it used to trade, OR it actually needs a small adjustment. Meanwhile I will continue trading HansTrend as before, and will post here again once I have come to a conclusion/result and whether I will change HansTrend slightly or not.

For now, there is no way that there is a certain rule for stop trading HansTrend, there also never has been. I tyraded my system and just let it ran, never looked back, and found out it was doing great, while there has been some small losses or even almost a year of no growth at all (just around 0%), but now I see that I have been making losses 3 months in a row, which is a record and unfortunately this means I need to at least analyze the cause of it and come with a solution.

All 4 pairs will stay in place, that's for sure, as all pairs seem to lose more than usual (in the past). Furtermore I can already say I will be looking specifically at the TP/SL setting as I already saw MANY orders didn't hit TP, while the orders stayed perfectly in gain... untill the trend reversed and went straight to SL. This is a clear sign that it could be that the TP level is too optimistic for the current market. I won't go into detail that much, as this is up to me and my own calculations, however some things many will agree with me, that for this time being the TP is a bit too optimistic.

To be continued. Hopefully during next week... same goes for answering any questions based on my reply here.

Ah and don't worry, I'm on this already before you guys start questioning I let you guys alone in the dark.

Cheers,
    Hans

PS. During the last 3 months I have made NO changes to the strategy, if I did.. I would have told it.
    Nice
    If you can get it to make profit again, I will become a client for sure (Goldstar is doing fine :P).

Goodluck

Leave a comment:

Working...
X