X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shawntan
    replied
    Originally posted by BMM View Post
    sorry, I didn't get you, what do you mean with major fix? Are you speaking about opening 5 trades instead 4 max as previously said?

thanks Hans
    I believe when he meant major fix he meant it as the gap that opened after the Easter holiday

Leave a comment:

• BMM
    replied
    Originally posted by Hans Bowles View Post
    5x XAUUSD slightly in plus. Although XAUUSD has been opened due to a rare major fix, and thus all of them were opened at the top instead of in the middle,
    sorry, I didn't get you, what do you mean with major fix? Are you speaking about opening 5 trades instead 4 max as previously said?

thanks Hans

Leave a comment:

• laracroft
    replied
    Hello Hans, if I understand it, then, you're going to open a MAM of ICMarkets where you can participate with a minimum of 10k dollars?
    Can you confirm that the minimum amount to be able to participate in the MAM Synergyfx is 50k dollars?
    Last edited by laracroft; 04-09-2015, 06:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Originally posted by Blob View Post
    Thank you Hans, this is the best signal I've ever seen and I'll subscribe in about a month (I'm going to holiday soon).
    Maybe it would be more useful to see a regular size account connected with SimpleTrader, maybe at 4X, in order to compare gain and drawdown with the MAM.
    I don't think there are many people wanting to spend 1398$ a year for a 1000$ account and it would be a bit confusing to see a "wrong" drawdown.

But that's just my thought... and I'm already sold just by looking at the mam account on myfxbook
    Hi Blob,

I'm not doing the $1000 to compare it with the MAM, it's just to show the differences amongst the 1000usd accounts only.

Obviously as mentioned before I will also do 1 or more 10000 ones, not sure which brokers yet though.
    Although this will more be done for simulating differences between risk multiplier. ie. x1 and x4 risk.
    Actually I wish the multiplier risk can be changed to x10 as max so I can do x8 risk for example as well.
    I will ask Nick about that, or at least have removed this for HansTrend as x4 risk with a 10k account is only 18% drawdown,
    and I want people to see when they hit 30% or 50% even with a 10k (or more) account as not everyone is good in calculating.

UPDATE: Please be aware everyone, not every month will be profitable, some month can actually be -1%, however for me
    the result in the long run are important. Just in case before some subscribe, pay, and cancel and pay and cancel.
    I'm saying this because I've had some people at GoldStar also subscribing 3 times in a single month, lol, 1 time is enough

Currently 8 trades open, 3x USDJPY, heading for StopLoss, and 5x XAUUSD slightly in plus. Although XAUUSD has been opened due to a rare major fix, and thus all of them were opened at the top instead of in the middle, but it's fine if they also end up hitting SL, as it's just a small SL anyway compared to what I'm aiming for with HansTrend. Also not that in some cases the (depending on which pair) TakeProfit is not double the size of a SL but even 3 times like in the case of XAUUSD. SO things will eventually turn out ok and it's good to see what would happen to the account having 8 losses, so everyone knows what to expect in terms of a "big" loss.

Leave a comment:

• Blob
    replied
    Thank you Hans, this is the best signal I've ever seen and I'll subscribe in about a month (I'm going to holiday soon).
    Maybe it would be more useful to see a regular size account connected with SimpleTrader, maybe at 4X, in order to compare gain and drawdown with the MAM.
    I don't think there are many people wanting to spend 1398$ a year for a 1000$ account and it would be a bit confusing to see a "wrong" drawdown.

But that's just my thought... and I'm already sold just by looking at the mam account on myfxbook

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    I'm sorry but HansTrend and GoldStar will NOT come and join the VIP.
    It's not expensive when you increase the risk multiplier or when joining my MAM at SynergyFX, ie. x2 risk only means max ~10% DD.

UPDATE: I'm actually going to make a small account this time at a US brokerage, perhaps 2 different ones to compare
    it and will most-likely name it HANSTREND SMALL I and II on MyFXbook. Both will start with ONLY $1,000 and thus a drawdown of 60% is to be expected.
    Please name 2 brokers which are allowed by US-citizens, so I know which one I should put the 2 small ones on. Thanks in advance. I think overhere SENSUS is recommended right?
    Furthermore I will see if I can put 10k on IC Markets and/or GlobalPrime who are 2 others ones from Australia.
    At the moment my favourites are IC Markets, Synergy FX, and GlobalPrime. I don't know any others with a good service and reputation for MetaTrader, only ones without MT4.
    Anyway, stay tuned folks, will make sure they are all running within a month from now (y)

Leave a comment:

• Blob
    replied
    Is there any chance to have it in VIP?

Leave a comment:

• Fxtsunami
    replied
    I like this signal,but is little expensive,because mast have at least 20k acc at 1x

Will wait for vip
    Last edited by Fxtsunami; 04-05-2015, 10:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    Nice succinct answers. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    GREAT questions BRM! Thanks, these will sure be the same as others might want to know.

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
    Firstly,
    Thanks go to Nick and Hans.
    Had a few beers so hopefully these Q's make sense. I have asked these question on PM but have been directed to ask them here in public environ so here goes.

1) - No Martingale and no grids/baskets are being used so you as a subscriber can go to sleep every night without having any worries.

So this is definitely NOT grid like Goldstar?
    correct

2) My largest concern is again relative to a previous signal EuroStar which had problems. So just again I would like to confirm that the previous difficulties there cannot be repeated here. I am 100% about managing risk now so I just need to know this.
    EuroStar was never a signal here, although it was possible to subscribe to my EuroStar MAM, but I never felt confident regarding EuroStar as I strongly believe that gridding currency vs currency involves a MUCH higher risk, that you need to be able to risk. Project EuroStar stopped, and only I'm trading this with absolute minimum risk meaning I could easily survive and come back in profit after a price drop from 1.10 to for example 0.60 however the big downside would be earnings from MAM as nobody wants to earn "only" 0.1-0.3% per month at this risk. HansTrend is not a grid system and thus in no way similar to GoldStar or EuroStar or as some were a subscriber of "Caesar" who seems to have many complaints from what I read and hear from others, which is why many are skeptical about GoldStar. But as I mentioned in the GoldStar thread at http://www.forexsignals.com/forum/sh...Signal?p=17362 GoldStar doesn't open trades at every xx pips distance but actually looks at each single trade and each single trade works together with previous opened ones resulting in a much more safe strategy and way of gridding compared to Caesar (which is not mine by the way).

3) Are the Gold trade on HansTrend the same as the Gold trades on GoldStar? Again I assume not but I just want confirmation on everything.
    No, not at all, it can actually happen that when GoldStar buys while HansTrend sells. They have nothing to do with eachother and thus means that running HansTrend next to GoldStar at the same account is no problem at all. However please do not overdo it regarding risk multiplier. It's fine to do GoldStar x1 and HansTrend x3 or even GoldStar x0.75 and HansTrend x4. I have no calculations for this, but looking at x1 for HansTrend with only a historical drawdown peak of 5% it should be safe.

4) How many open trades could be expected open at any given time?
    Max 4 per pair. At most this means 16 trades (4x USDJPY, 4x EURUSD, 4x XAUUSD, 4x AUDUSD) and each max drawdown of the 16 pairs LOSS would be around ~0.4%, so technically 0.4 * 16 = 6.4% would be the max, although this obviously never happened, the worst was 5% in the last 3 years.

5) As a WCS what drawdown can we expect to sustain on 1x risk? 5.21% or up to 10%? i.e is there a cut off (actually specifically here I am referring to open trades/drawdown)
    6.4% although very unlikely to happen and yes will be cut off due to a fixed StopLoss.

6) I guess the aboev answers will kind of answer this but how margin hungry is the EA? I want to run it with 1-3 other signals on smaller risk such as Viper @ 1x.
    PROOST!!!!!!
    Margin obviously not so much when running on x1 risk multiplier, but please look at your leverage as well. But I can say that it's 100% safe to run it together what other systems and actually would be ideal for this purpose to be honest, more diversity in your portfolio couldn't hurt and sometimes when Viper has a slight loss in 1 month, HansTrend could make that up, and the other way around as well ofcourse. Ofcourse I or HansTrend can not be responsible for a portfolio account with other systems/strategies making huge loss

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    Firstly,
    Thanks go to Nick and Hans.
    Had a few beers so hopefully these Q's make sense. I have asked these question on PM but have been directed to ask them here in public environ so here goes.

1) - No Martingale and no grids/baskets are being used so you as a subscriber can go to sleep every night without having any worries.

So this is definitely NOT grid like Goldstar?

2) My largest concern is again relative to a previous signal EuroStar which had problems. So just again I would like to confirm that the previous difficulties there cannot be repeated here. I am 100% about managing risk now so I just need to know this.

3) Are the Gold trade on HansTrend the same as the Gold trades on GoldStar? Again I assume not but I just want confirmation on everything.

4) How many open trades could be expected open at any given time?

5) As a WCS what drawdown can we expect to sustain on 1x risk? 5.21% or up to 10%? i.e is there a cut off (actually specifically here I am referring to open trades/drawdown)

6) I guess the aboev answers will kind of answer this but how margin hungry is the EA? I want to run it with 1-3 other signals on smaller risk such as Viper @ 1x.

PROOST!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    started a topic HansTrend

HansTrend

Hey guys,

I've been working with Hans Bowes, the trader behind GoldStar, over the past couple of weeks. He has a new strategy that he'd like to make available to the community.

Check out the Myfxbook statement

View the SimpleTrader page

I can verify that the statement is legit and stats are correct. As you can see, it's pretty damn sexy

I'm not directly vouching for this signal since we haven't undertaken extensive due diligence other than to verify the account is accurate. The reason I am introducing this to you guys is that we are handling the billing for signal subscriptions as well as hosting the master account to ensure it stays connected 24/7.

I've now known Hans for over a year, he's an interesting character and I do honestly believe he's in this for the right reasons. He wants clients to make money and help to improve our community.

So while I can't vouch for the intricacies of the strategy, I can say that the more I get to know Hans the more comfortable I am becoming in his abilities.

If you have any questions please feel free to post them and Hans will reply.

Good luck to all future Hans Trend followers
Working...
X