X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OutsideTheBoxHK
    replied
    Originally posted by RenkoGuy

EA's can work for a little time but in the end it always blows up in your face.

Dude. I feel ya. You're just realising this now? c'mon.
    Nick has repeated over and over again how he went down that "ever promising - never paying" route and after you pay a lot of money and work your ass off, you basically end up with almost nothing.
    Manual traders with discipline, edge, and patience are the best way to make money in Forex.

Leave a comment:

• Amadorian
    replied
    It is/was a beta test after all... but hitting the max. dd not even a month after starting the test, is a pretty poor result. How did this not happen in your backtests?

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    HANSTREND V2 BETA 1 - UPDATE

I closed all current orders, as well as the pending ones, because we have hit the 30% mark.
    Thanks Rod of letting me know on time

I have been working on HansTrend V2 BETA 2 in the background, with some changes that I will post about in the upcoming weekend.
    This includes the changes I already discussed here. If there is ANYONE of the BetaTesters, who would like me to pay the loss, that is not an issue. I'm already grateful for the you guys helping me out, so it's the least I can do until (and if) we reach the phase of "Final". *just in case someone thinks I'm all about money or something, because I'm not.

I already asked a few of you, but you all seem kind to me and not want me to pay anything back. Don't worry about some of you guys that I have given a VPS either. The ones without a VPS, are the ones I gave one, and I will keep paying for it as well, until the "Final" version

For today I want to say, it has potential, and the things that need to change are SO obvious, that it won't be a problem. I'm still busy with it, so perhaps I'm able to announce the changes this weekend.

Again.. thanks!

Hans

note1: please not forget to check if you received all signals to have all orders closed
    note2: if any of the betatesters have suggestions (as I'm busy coding it now anyway) please let me know, so it can be discussed here
    Last edited by Hans Bowles; 08-28-2018, 12:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Originally posted by littlemax View Post

Hi Hans, total swap for 3 open trades up to & inc. 23 aug is $1.08
    Thanks, I'm at $1.05 now

Note to all: 2x USDJPY has opened (8 pips apart)

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Originally posted by nwboater View Post

I just made a post here explaining that I'm fine with staying in the Beta test. For some crazy reason it was flagged as spam and a mod will have to approve it!

Rod
    I experienced it before... several times, a few weeks ago. In my case a very strict setting from the forum-robot flagging certain posts... too much use of colors, and perhaps some words are banned as well? Just contact live chat

Leave a comment:

• littlemax
    replied
    Originally posted by Hans Bowles View Post
    Thanks @ALL for the swap reports, kinda similar this time, $0.05 or $0.06 per day and per order.
    Hi Hans, total swap for 3 open trades up to & inc. 23 aug is $1.08

Leave a comment:

• nwboater
    replied
    Thanks @ALL for the swap reports, kinda similar this time, $0.05 or $0.06 per day and per order.
    I just made a post here explaining that I'm fine with staying in the Beta test. For some crazy reason it was flagged as spam and a mod will have to approve it!

Rod

Leave a comment:

• nwboater
    replied

Heya Rod!

I completely understand your view, and a part of me wants to do that exactly.
    But the thing is, that perhaps this "problem" will solve itself (ie. I have a few pending buy stop orders (due certain reversal signals the EA detected) which you cant see as those are not copied) by measures I already built in the EA. I mean this is a beta test, and there is only 1 way to find out. Else I would be interfering with a strategy which does maybe work (just very aggressive) but we would never be able to find this out which would be a shame. So I hope you do understand from a "beta test" point of view

I do want to make several changes in the EA (as I mentioned before, and before that also a few things), but that would have to be separate from this test. Hence I mentioned a waiting/testing time for this BETA test of 3 months to get at least the major things looked at before going "Gamma" (or Beta.B if you will).

If you are ok with loosing 30% of the $200 (as this would mean I close all orders because I'm not happy and end the BETA test and not wait the 3 full months) then please stay on board the ship which can survive the trip or sink halfway and wait for a relaunch "HansTrend v2 Gamma", if it's too difficult and too hard to watch, you are ofcourse free to leave mate, no hard feelings, I can understand that a BETA test is not for everyone.
    Hi Hans,

No problem with losing 30% of $200. I signed on looking at this as a possible loss, so I will definitely stay aboard.

A point that some people may overlook with this test is that because our accounts are only $200 and .01 is a minimum trade size we are trading at an effective 4x risk. If we were running at 1x then 30% DD (@4x) would only be 7.5%.

Cheers,
    Rod
    Last edited by nwboater; 08-22-2018, 01:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Originally posted by nwboater View Post
    Hi Hans,

If this issue could become a real problem I wonder if it would be worthwhile to stop the Beta, insert the new code and restart. Otherwise I imagine you would want to do some more Beta testing if you insert it at the end of our Beta test. Also there may be some other changes that you want to do and it could all be done on the restarted Beta. I don't mind the delay if it would help the cause.

I have .12 on each of the 3 trades = .36

Cheers,
    Rod
    Heya Rod!

I completely understand your view, and a part of me wants to do that exactly.
    But the thing is, that perhaps this "problem" will solve itself (ie. I have a few pending buy stop orders (due certain reversal signals the EA detected) which you cant see as those are not copied) by measures I already built in the EA. I mean this is a beta test, and there is only 1 way to find out. Else I would be interfering with a strategy which does maybe work (just very aggressive) but we would never be able to find this out which would be a shame. So I hope you do understand from a "beta test" point of view

I do want to make several changes in the EA (as I mentioned before, and before that also a few things), but that would have to be separate from this test. Hence I mentioned a waiting/testing time for this BETA test of 3 months to get at least the major things looked at before going "Gamma" (or Beta.B if you will).

If you are ok with loosing 30% of the $200 (as this would mean I close all orders because I'm not happy and end the BETA test and not wait the 3 full months) then please stay on board the ship which can survive the trip or sink halfway and wait for a relaunch "HansTrend v2 Gamma", if it's too difficult and too hard to watch, you are ofcourse free to leave mate, no hard feelings, I can understand that a BETA test is not for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• KappuhH
    replied
    0.05$ on each trade per day
    Last edited by KappuhH; 08-22-2018, 09:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oportunis
    replied
    Same here, but now a day later I have 0.18$ x 3

Leave a comment:

• Westie
    replied
    On Blueberry markets, I've got the same swaps as nwboater 0.12 on each trade = 0.36

Leave a comment:

• nwboater
    replied
    Hi Hans,

If this issue could become a real problem I wonder if it would be worthwhile to stop the Beta, insert the new code and restart. Otherwise I imagine you would want to do some more Beta testing if you insert it at the end of our Beta test. Also there may be some other changes that you want to do and it could all be done on the restarted Beta. I don't mind the delay if it would help the cause.

I have .12 on each of the 3 trades = .36

Cheers,
    Rod

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Unfortunately, my EA tried several times to open a few (buy stop) orders, and failed due being too close to the actual price. Some pairs at some brokers require more distance.
    That being said, after the BETA, it means I have planned to integrate some additional code, to only allow certain pairs requiring a higher stoplevel to be traded if there is already 1) 1+ trades open for 24+ hrs 2) the open pairs must be a major pair 3) the pair which want to open cant be a major pair. On top of that, I will also implement to close at half the TP distance, as before the weekend it was in profit, but not closed (if 1) order(s) open for 24+ hrs and 2) it's thursday or friday.

That being said, I'm curious to each others swaps.. I made $0.05 per open trade over the weekend, and Mon to Tuesday I made another 0.05, so the total swap for me is 3orders*(0.05+0.05)=$0.30 (at XM)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X