Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reinerh
    replied
    it was probably not the very best time to start this test, markets ever since begin july suck big time. very erratic moves overall, only gu and gold had a decent trend.

summers rarely are good for trends, this is in addition to the new europe regulations which sucked out a huge amount of liquidity from the market.

late august going into september i expect things to get back to normal, and fall usually has the best moves for the year.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Originally posted by RenkoGuy

Well suddenly since years Hans Bowles is quite active on the forum and tradingroom, maybe it has

something to do with his new EA.

So we are all curious how it performs.
    No, i am quite often in the trading room actually, but I not post trade ideas there, I just come to relax and chill there, but perhaps you are in a different timezone
    Forum not so much, except for this thread which is quite obvious, as there is so much happening and things I want to coordinate and what not, its new remember? and a test...

Goldstar thread/forum, only if i have something useful to say... if its just nonsense by some people there, then I simply ignore them.
    I have other things to do then just every day answer the same questions, and I not want to go crazy like some other signals providers did and feel pressured by it. I just do my thing, and if thats not fine, then I simply point to the door and say unsubscribe, bye
    Which is what I will do with you now as well to my ignore list, because I have other things to do, ciao 1f48b.png

Leave a comment:

• Westie
    replied
    HaHa !

Always the same, first sign of drawdown and everyone wades in to the chat

Things may not go smoothly, things may fail, things may need to change. This is the nature of a test - and I'm fine with that.

I'm far more interested in the result after 3 Months, than 2 weeks though.

Leave a comment:

• HedgeBitcoin
    replied
    Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 12.11.22 PM.png
    Originally posted by Hans Bowles View Post

I'm not disguising a martingale... the orders at the same time is something I'm working on (and on my master account, they were NOT opened at the same time, and not with the same price, but still too close imo). Please keep in mind that this is a BETA test, which I will use to perfection the EA. Please read everything before simply looking at some stats and screenshots, etc. And.... another one for the block/ignore list for not reading
    Proof attached

Same Price
    Same Time

Order#13438492 and #13438493

So this is an error in your bot?

I also edited the previous message quickly after posting it because I see that your BOT did not average in but instead added more to a profitable position on trade #2,#3,#4 ,

Either way, I'd like the question answered regarding at what Drawdown does the trades close as this is the most important aspect of any trading system.

Leave a comment:

• oportunis
    replied
    Why do you need open trades if history is open? You can check everything there...

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post
    Tradersmurf Westie posted the trades, Its not a grid with a specific distance between orders but it surely is adding to losers ( averaging) , The 2nd and 3rd 0.01 lotsize are even opened at the same time and price which a way to disguise martingale. The first trade was 0.01 lotsize then 2 more 0.01 lotsize were opened at the same price ( double down).

Then almost an hour later a 4th trade was opened of 0.01 to average in more. The 5th trade I can only guess was to average the basket entry price one more time.

Now that we have seen the first drawdown period, the statistics show 9% Max DD for 3% monthly ROI.

What is the max Drawdown before THE ROBOT close the basket Hans Bowles
    I'm not disguising a martingale... the orders at the same time is something I'm working on (and on my master account, they were NOT opened at the same time, and not with the same price, but still too close imo). Please keep in mind that this is a BETA test, which I will use to perfection the EA. Please read everything before simply looking at some stats and screenshots, etc. And.... another one for the block/ignore list for not reading

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Originally posted by Tradersmurf View Post

JoePro used to say the same thing. Sure smells like a Grid to me. MonkaS.
    I don't know a JoePro, but I do have a GoPro
    Why would I say it's not a grid if it would be one? If it would be a grid strategy, than I would say it is one... :S

Leave a comment:

• HedgeBitcoin
    replied

Now that we have seen the first drawdown period, the statistics show 9% Max DD for 3% monthly ROI.

What is the max Drawdown before THE ROBOT close the basket Hans Bowles
    Last edited by HedgeBitcoin; 08-09-2018, 05:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tradersmurf
    replied
    Originally posted by Hans Bowles View Post
    HANSTREND V2 BETATEST - UPDATE:

Market has to move a bit now, either up or down doesn't really matter, but just move elsewhere
    JoePro used to say the same thing. Sure smells like a Grid to me. MonkaS.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    HANSTREND V2 BETATEST - UPDATE:

5x long on USDCHF, I checked why no counter hedge trades of other pairs, and that's because the circumstances are not ideal right now. I hope there will be other orders opened today. I checked the statistics of the ALPHA version, and over a timespan of 6 weeks, the avg. duration of a single trade is 1hr 46m, with a max of 6hr 27m. At this moment we exceeded this and I'm curious to see how this goes. Market has to move a bit now, either up or down doesn't really matter, but just move elsewhere

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Open trades are private. Why ?
    Not interested in people copying trades at this stage

Is this a test how long it takes to get a margin call ?
    Actually yes, Westie is trading with a horrible leverage, in order to see how it performs. This is a beta-test, and I wanted to have the leverages 50:1 and even 25:1 in it on purpose.

Originally posted by Tradersmurf View Post
    Is this another Grid system?
    No grid, please go through the thread before asking questions

Leave a comment:

• Tradersmurf
    replied
    Is this another Grid system?

Leave a comment:

• Westie
    replied
    Looks like I ran out of margin before the 5th Trade could be added. I was looking at it earlier and it had roughly $60 free margin, so thought I may have one trade left - but the dollar has dropped about 40 pips now, so probably best it didn't.

Still - no margin call email, and the broker hasn't closed any trades - Yikes

Last edited by Westie; 08-08-2018, 06:14 PM. Reason: Edit - Oops, forgot the open trades are supposed to be private. Modified my screenshot to just show the margin

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    5 open trades in drawdown, all usdchf
    max (but average) drawdown recorded stands at 5.05% now
    im off to bed now, and i hope to wake up with something nice

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Originally posted by Westie View Post
    We do now have another trade though
    w00h00 ! 3 even in DD

PS. anything with CHF always gives me the creeps lol
    Last edited by Hans Bowles; 08-08-2018, 12:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X