Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westie
    replied
    No simpletrader doesn't copy limit orders so we're in the dark about that.

We do now have another trade though

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Originally posted by KappuhH View Post
    I modified it a bit but no real improvements. Didn't have time for that yet. Maybe later this week.

In the meanwhile waiting for the drawdown ;-)
    Drawdown starts as soon as the first trade opens of course.

Since I made the EA, I can give away that at least for the last 24 hours we have been very close to open the first order (about 10 pips away), and now even more close (about 3-4 pips away)

Unfortunately SimpleTrader doesn't copy limit/stop orders, I think? So it will basically open an order for you all, once one of the limit/stop orders gets hit at my "master" terminal.

Leave a comment:

• Westie
    replied
    Originally posted by KappuhH View Post
    I modified it a bit but no real improvements. Didn't have time for that yet. Maybe later this week.

Cool, hope it was useful

Leave a comment:

• KappuhH
    replied
    Originally posted by Hans Bowles View Post

Thanks Westie, I think very useful, KappuhH is currently busy with your code for improving and/or adding stuff (as far as I know)

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Originally posted by Westie View Post
    I had my EA running on the M1 timeframe this time, I've manually taken out all the duplicate numbers and calculates the % margin used at various times.

The margin only changes when a new trade is added, so I guess it's calculated based on account balance rather than equity (which would be affected by the spot price of the open positions).

Maybe not too interesting, but here it is anyway

https://gyazo.com/f185ebd7d03c4586879995b3b43027d0
    Thanks Westie, I think very useful, KappuhH is currently busy with your code for improving and/or adding stuff (as far as I know)

Leave a comment:

• Westie
    replied
    I had my EA running on the M1 timeframe this time, I've manually taken out all the duplicate numbers and calculates the % margin used at various times.

The margin only changes when a new trade is added, so I guess it's calculated based on account balance rather than equity (which would be affected by the spot price of the open positions).

Maybe not too interesting, but here it is anyway

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    HANSTREND V2 BETATEST - UPDATE:

27 JULY 2018: UP SINCE START BETA TEST ~0.61%
    1 AUGUST 2018: UP SINCE START BETA TEST ~1.10%
    3 AUGUST 2018: UP SINCE START BETA TEST ~2.31%
    5 AUGUST 2018: UP SINCE START BETA TEST ~3.09%

numbers above are based on taking all data and calculate the averages from hanstrend.com

3x EURUSD and profit. We are now up ~3.09% in total (and average) with so far a DD maximum of ~2.31%. Those are the risk:reward ratio's I'm looking for
    The 3 orders did not have to recover from anything, all executed on time and closed on time as well within a few hours time.

I'm happy to see that the accounts at leverages of 50:1 and 25:1 still perform. I agree it's almost a third less, yet still profitable so far. 3 Months will be the time to find it out I suppose

UPDATE: Numbers keep changing, previously the new gain went up to 2.75%, but now it's at 3.09%, because some of the beta testers haven't published it yet
    Last edited by Hans Bowles; 08-06-2018, 06:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Originally posted by oportunis View Post
    Mobile version looks good now. I'm looking forward to see us in DD, to watch correlation hedging and risk management. We need to go trough worst conditions to see how EA reacts. So far it has been great, thnx and good trading next week!
    Ok great that it works good now

Yes me too, the bigger the DD the better, because I care more about being able to recover safely than making money. Making money and loosing money is very easy, everyone can do that

Leave a comment:

• oportunis
    replied
    Mobile version looks good now. I'm looking forward to see us in DD, to watch correlation hedging and risk management. We need to go trough worst conditions to see how EA reacts. So far it has been great, thnx and good trading next week!

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    HANSTREND V2 BETATEST - UPDATE:
      - Bootstrap4 responsive
      - Small website changes for desktop version to improve viewing and reading experience
      - Friendly for mobiles now and I removed the tabs VPS, Tester and Daily (for the "smaller" mobile versions only), Desktop will still show everything of course.
    Untitled-2.png

Tomorrow is Monday, a NEW week!! Time to trade again! *EXCITED* :-)

See you all soon!

- Hans
    Last edited by Hans Bowles; 08-05-2018, 02:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
    Keen to watch this as just back from a long holiday/break from screens
    I would of been a tester for sure as i used to be a HansTrend subber

weirdly this link shows 55% profit now?
    Hi BRM!

Thanks for the input!
    Yeah please ignore that 50% something.
    This is a bug I think because I'm using the broker XM (market maker which gave me 50% additional equity to trade with), so please only look at the numbers on the left site.
    It says: Gain:+7.25% -< please do not look at the actual gain either
    Cheers,
    Hans

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    Keen to watch this as just back from a long holiday/break from screens
    I would of been a tester for sure as i used to be a HansTrend subber

weirdly this link shows 55% profit now?

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Originally posted by nwboater View Post
    Wow, what a nice surprise to wake up this morning and see HansTrend in such good profit!

When I went to bed last night there were several trades open all in loss. Now MyFxBook shows 16 trades in that group with only one loss and for a gain of 1.79%. Amazing turnaround!

Although it's way too early to draw any real conclusions it sure is off to a great start. And the hedging system to overcome the losing trades is fascinating.

Cheers,
    Rod
    Ha yes, it's nice indeed, but way too early to cheering. I did a great test for over a month, but I wasn't really sure if I was lucky or not, hence different brokers, longer forward testing together is the best and the only way I think.

Yes the exit-strategy I actually am quite proud about, it took me quite some time testing, changing and testing it for 2 years on-and-off... it's doing exactly what I want, but again, too early... it needs more testing-time to conclude whether it's good enough.

Originally posted by Westie View Post

Of course I'll keep it at 25:1, hadn't even thought about changing it to be honest

It's going to be fascinating to see how the different accounts do over the full 3 months. We haven't had any losing trades yet, I'm thinking that's when we might see some more significant differences between them all.
    yes indeed, time will tell about all the differences.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Westie
    replied
    Originally posted by Hans Bowles View Post

Hey Westie,

Can you keep the leverage at 25:1 ? It's vital for my beta test to see how it works with only the first 5 orders (as this fortunately is already part of an exit strategy.
    If any losses, I'll help you with that after 3 months
    Of course I'll keep it at 25:1, hadn't even thought about changing it to be honest

It's going to be fascinating to see how the different accounts do over the full 3 months. We haven't had any losing trades yet, I'm thinking that's when we might see some more significant differences between them all.

Leave a comment:

• nwboater
    replied
    Wow, what a nice surprise to wake up this morning and see HansTrend in such good profit!

When I went to bed last night there were several trades open all in loss. Now MyFxBook shows 16 trades in that group with only one loss and for a gain of 1.79%. Amazing turnaround!

Although it's way too early to draw any real conclusions it sure is off to a great start. And the hedging system to overcome the losing trades is fascinating.

Cheers,
    Rod

Leave a comment:

Working...
X