X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Originally posted by Westie View Post

Strangely I don't get any error messages in the Journal, not sure why that is. The Simpletrader EA does print an error message in the Experts section though :-

2018.08.02 23:30:53.382 Simpletrader-V3.7 EURUSD,M15: Buy cannot be placed on USDJPY. Out of range

Just to be clear, though I am in the UK (therefore EU) the account is with Blueberry markets, who aren't affected by the ESMA rules.

I asked them to reduce the leverage on this account so Hans could get some data for the Beta test.
    Hey Westie,

Can you keep the leverage at 25:1 ? It's vital for my beta test to see how it works with only the first 5 orders (as this fortunately is already part of an exit strategy.
    If any losses, I'll help you with that after 3 months

Leave a comment:

• Westie
    replied
    Originally posted by KappuhH View Post
    Westie I think you need the lowest margin of a period instead of the highest?

My MT4 terminal said it was not able to open trades because 'Off quotes'. Do you get the same error?
    Strangely I don't get any error messages in the Journal, not sure why that is. The Simpletrader EA does print an error message in the Experts section though :-

2018.08.02 23:30:53.382 Simpletrader-V3.7 EURUSD,M15: Buy cannot be placed on USDJPY. Out of range

Just to be clear, though I am in the UK (therefore EU) the account is with Blueberry markets, who aren't affected by the ESMA rules.

I asked them to reduce the leverage on this account so Hans could get some data for the Beta test.

Leave a comment:

• KappuhH
    replied
    Westie I think you need the lowest margin of a period instead of the highest?

My MT4 terminal said it was not able to open trades because 'Off quotes'. Do you get the same error?

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Originally posted by fabx View Post
    I guess we need to ask is it it essential to be ESMA compliant, if you live in Europe as I do you can always open an account with one the many credible Australian brokers to get round this issue.
    True, but I think it still is interesting to see the bahavior on those leverages, as I love statistics in general, and perhaps a few things can be concluded after the 3 months
    Personally I never really have a problem with unregulated brokers with a good reputation.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    I don't think I was able to open that many orders. Not completely certain, I would have expected some kind of error 'not enough margin' or some such but I don't see that in the terminal.

In any case, this is what I got in my log file. Bit annoyed I didn't add in the number of open trades.

Still made a profit, and very similar to the 1:50 Oanda US account. Interesting.

Edit - I posted this while Hans was typing, not read his post yet.
    Thanks for sharing Westie!! Hmmm... Can you also attach it to a M1 timeframe?
    And also, did you see anything odd in the journal tab, after it had opened 5 trades?
    Yes KappuhH had the same, also only 5 trades on his 50:1 account :S

Leave a comment:

• fabx
    replied
    I guess we need to ask is it it essential to be ESMA compliant, if you live in Europe as I do you can always open an account with one the many credible Australian brokers to get round this issue.

Leave a comment:

• Westie
    replied
    I don't think I was able to open that many orders. Not completely certain, I would have expected some kind of error 'not enough margin' or some such but I don't see that in the terminal.

In any case, this is what I got in my log file. Bit annoyed I didn't add in the number of open trades.

Still made a profit, and very similar to the 1:50 Oanda US account. Interesting.

Edit - I posted this while Hans was typing, not read his post yet.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    HANSTREND V2 BETATEST - UPDATE:

27 JULY 2018: UP SINCE START BETA TEST ~0.6%
    1 AUGUST 2018: UP SINCE START BETA TEST ~1.1%
    3 AUGUST 2018: UP SINCE START BETA TEST ~2.5%

numbers above are based on taking all data and calculate the averages from hanstrend.com

Good News

Extremely happy!

The Exit Strategy has worked perfectly!

The pairs used for getting out of the drawdown of (avg) 2.3% did their thing smoothly, and brought back the drawdown to zero slowly within a few hours and turned it into a profit of around an average 1% (some beta test account more, some less).

Bad News

Both the beta test account with a leverage of 1:25 and 1:50 were unable to open all these additional trades. The margin was simply too little in order to be able to open additional orders. This is a bit worrying, as I have never tested this before, which is exactly the reason for me why I wanted this type of leverage included in the test.

I'm currently thinking this:
    • It's not bad news perse, but at least something to look at like how to avoid this?
    • It was required to have 16x 0.01 orders open on a 25:1 account to be able to benefit 100% of my exit strategy, what leverage would be the minimum required on an account?
    • Are the ones which did open on the 2 accounts profitable enough (it seems they were)?
    • What would be the ideal recommended regarding lotsize of 0.01? Which deposit size? Would $1,000 be sufficient? Will this also mean that technically the risk-multiplier would be 0.4x instead of 2x (which it is now)? Because else not being able to catch trades?
    Feel free to think with me guys. Looking forward to his log files (regarding margin), quite curious

Cheers,
    Hans

Note: Beta Test run for 3 months will continue for both 25:1 and 50:1 in order to find out true forward test results which will or at least could provide more behaviours.
    Last edited by Hans Bowles; 08-03-2018, 08:13 AM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    HANSTREND V2 BETATEST - UPDATE:

5 open orders, let's see where this goes, and how effective the exit strategy will be.
    It has supporting pairs to hedge back into profit, as supposed to be.
    *excited*

update: additional USDJPY , 9 orders now
    update: 16 in total open (narrowing down strategy with additional Swiss Franks to help out)
    Last edited by Hans Bowles; 08-03-2018, 08:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Originally posted by FxMiracle View Post
    What is this Hans trend?
    Hans Trend V1, a signal provider based on an EA I developed in the past, and which started making losses as soon as people started subscribing to it.
    It still never was a bad EA I coded, but not good enough for me, I unplugged it. Results see @ https://www.myfxbook.com/members/hansbowles/hanstrend-part-i/1201302

Now I have found some time to start looking into it, what went wrong before, and why, and how to fix this and "I think" I have figured it out now, hence I call this strategy Hans Trend V2.
    The BETA part is only because I want to do a 3 month test first before allowing anyone to trade it, with the possibility of discovering new bugs, but so far none and all is going great so far, but way too early to tell as well.

More details about HansTrend can be read in the first page of this post thread, and the changes I made (or at least some of them) are here http://goo.gl/tEcEV6

Note: The name Hans (obviously my first name), is just because it was one of my own private EA's, so all my EA's on my own backup drives are called HANS..<whatever>.. v1

I hope this explains a bit more, feel free to check out how the betatesters are doing

Hans.

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied

There is a new version 1.1 now which does, though I wasn't sure what to write so I just made it up as I went along.

Again, put it in your EA folder, and drag it onto a spare chart. There is an option now to log to a file. It writes to the log whenever a bar closes - so the timeframe makes a difference. It just logs the time the bar closed, and the maximum (in $) margin used during that period. It's quite stupid, it just keeps appending to the same file over and over, and if you change timeframes - it'll write a new heading in the .csv.

I haven't really tested it, it's a bit of a hack job but it does seem to work.

Ps. The file ends up in the data folder\MQL4\files
    Pps, Any changes, bugs etc welcome, I will try and find some time to update it
    Awesome work Westie!
    I will look at it this weekend, ideally would be to write the log not locally but remotely to a mysql db, so that can be used for charting tools such as High Charts and have it displayed 24hr realtime every minute
    if you know how to write it to mysql db and have some time for it as well, then it would be ideal to display 3 charts for your 25:1 account (1. margin 2. free margin 3. margin level) or 1 if you know how to do that, I mean a chart has only 1 x-axis, and when done, ill put it op there on the site right under the table as well.
    meanwhile I have to work on the mobile friendliness of the site and in particular the table, it looks horrible now haha.

Leave a comment:

• FxMiracle
    replied
    What is this Hans trend?

Leave a comment:

• Westie
    replied
    Originally posted by Hans Bowles View Post

awesome, but will it write logs as well?
    There is a new version 1.1 now which does, though I wasn't sure what to write so I just made it up as I went along.

Again, put it in your EA folder, and drag it onto a spare chart. There is an option now to log to a file. It writes to the log whenever a bar closes - so the timeframe makes a difference. It just logs the time the bar closed, and the maximum (in $) margin used during that period. It's quite stupid, it just keeps appending to the same file over and over, and if you change timeframes - it'll write a new heading in the .csv.

I haven't really tested it, it's a bit of a hack job but it does seem to work.

Ps. The file ends up in the data folder\MQL4\files
    Pps, Any changes, bugs etc welcome, I will try and find some time to update it

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Knocked something together quickly, no warrantee implied or given

Put it in your EA folder, and drag it onto a spare chart. The source code is in there if anyone wants to make changes (fix any bugs).

According to the MQL docs, Stop Out Level should be when you get a margin call, but the number looks like garbage to me. The brokers probably don't fill it in correctly.

https://gyazo.com/6c547817445199d552c451f812d4db4e
    awesome, but will it write logs as well?

Leave a comment:

• primi
    replied
    I think Stop Out Level is showing correctly. 50% means that you will get stopped out if equity falls below 50% of your margin requirement.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X