HansTrend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HANSTREND V2 BETATEST - UPDATE:
    • Website done with auto-updating table (every 60 mins should be enough) to quickly see which one performs better
    • 6/8 Accounts ready to be traded, waiting for 2 more, and then I press the magic button to start
    • 1 Beta tester will trade 50:1 leverage, as conform US-standards as well!
    • 1 Beta tester will trade 25:1 leverage, as soon many people have to trade up to a max of 30:1 leverage (limit set by ESMA)!

It surely will be interesting to see this
    ​​​​​​​

link with overview @ www.hanstrend.com

for discussion, please stay here

Comment

• Really looking forward to this Hans.

Really appreciate you offering it to us. Thanks personally for helping me get the VPS set up (many of Han's hours were spent on this unfortunately !)

Got to say, the comparison of different brokers / VPS is almost as interesting as the actual signal !

Comment

• Beta Testing started, sometimes it can trade every single day, sometimes not for a few days, so please be patient. Partially because I coded a swap filter, which makes sure that before each trade "signal" by my EA, not just for example the spread, but also the swap must be positive.
        Last edited by Hans Bowles; 07-26-2018, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Seems we have our first order, already interesting to see the different floating amounts.
          This is because of different spread amongst brokers, amount of lag in milliseconds between SimpleTrader and myself, Simpletrader proccessing lag time, Simpletrader to VPS of beta testers, lag between betatesters and broker feeds, and probably some more factors. But all in all, not far off as at this moment that I captured belows floating numbers, I was myself at -0.07

Anyways, let's see where this goes, and hopefully automatically updating every 60 mins on HansTrend works as well.

Account #***753 - BETATEST (ktyong / fxpig)
          Balance: 200.00 | Open Trades: 1 | Floating: -0.06

Account #***510 - BETATEST (littlemax / pepperstone)
          Balance: 200.00 USD | Open Trades: 1 | Floating: -0.07

Account #***670 - BETATEST (fabx / thinkmarkets)
          Balance: 200.00 USD | Open Trades: 1 | Floating: -0.09

Account #***373 - BETATEST (oportunis / icmarkets)
          Balance: 200.00 USD | Open Trades: 1 | Floating: -0.06

Account #***479 - BETATEST (westie / blueberry)
          Balance: 200.00 USD | Open Trades: 1 | Floating: -0.08

Account #***926 - BETATEST (nwboater / axitrader)
          Balance: 200.00 USD | Open Trades: 1 | Floating: -0.06

Account #****238 - BETATEST (kappuhh / oanda)
          Balance: 200.00 USD | Open Trades: 1 | Floating: -0.04

Account #******7892 - BETATEST (ktyong / tickmill)
          Balance: 200.00 | Open Trades: 1 | Floating: -0.02
          Last edited by Hans Bowles; 07-27-2018, 05:11 AM.

Comment

DAY 1 - 27 JULY 2018: UP 0.6%

At least a good start, better than how HansTrend V1 started a few years ago when I started offering it as a signal.
            I really hope my work on the EA has improved significantly compared to the previous version, but I can't tell and predict the future, all I know is that I've done enough tests myself the last few months that I deem it good enough to at least give it a try, and hopefully this V2 BETA doesn't need any (or too many) updates/fixes before the FINAL version in 3 months for now.

Last edited by Hans Bowles; 07-27-2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• Wow, very nice to have the first couple of trades positive

I was going to login and see how much margin was being used on my 25:1 leverage account, but I missed it this time. Will get it at somepoint.

Interesting that DD figure is very different, have not checked but I suspect the ones with higher DD shown are updating to MyFxBook more often.

I've heard it said before that you can fiddle the drawdown figures by stopping updates during drawdown. Very sneaky and dishonest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westie View Post
                Wow, very nice to have the first couple of trades positive

I was going to login and see how much margin was being used on my 25:1 leverage account, but I missed it this time. Will get it at somepoint.

Interesting that DD figure is very different, have not checked but I suspect the ones with higher DD shown are updating to MyFxBook more often.

I've heard it said before that you can fiddle the drawdown figures by stopping updates during drawdown. Very sneaky and dishonest.
                yes , hence i would prefer everyone to use the EA for updating to myfxbook... so it updates a lot more frequent

Comment

• I set the updates to 30mins is that ok? Myfxbook does not update promptly at times so I prefer to go less aggressive on updates.

Comment

• Originally posted by ktyong View Post
                    I set the updates to 30mins is that ok? Myfxbook does not update promptly at times so I prefer to go less aggressive on updates.
                    thats fine every 30mins, no worries, as long as not an hour or even more , because its important to show actual drawdown

Comment

Some website updates for www.hanstrend.com:
                      • easier to view on screens under 24" (no need to optimize for mobile because table too many columns anyway)
                      • added an average results row, as it would not only be nice to look at that, but also its more realistic for other people
                      • updates every 15mins now, instead of 60mins
                      Have a good weekend to all followers, as well as all beta-testers (Thank you again for helping me in this journey!) and I can't wait for next week, to see more orders! :-)

- Hans

Comment

• I originally had the MyFxBook auto update thing configured - which got the two green 'Verified' ticks on the account.

I installed the EA today, and it was surprisingly easy.

1) in MyFxBook get to the 'edit' menu for the account.
                        2) you should see a button in the 'Verification' section with the words 'Use the EA to update the account', click on that
                        3) login to your VPS and install the myfxbook EA, see this guide

Have a problem connecting the metatatrader publisher or setting up the myfxbook EA? Use our Metatrader connection wizard and troubleshooter

The order is sort of important, If you install the EA before enabling the 'Use the EA to update the account' bit, you'll end up with a duplicate MyFxBook account with a computer generated name.

The default update period is 5 minutes, I just left it at that.

Comment

I originally had the MyFxBook auto update thing configured - which got the two green 'Verified' ticks on the account.

I installed the EA today, and it was surprisingly easy.

1) in MyFxBook get to the 'edit' menu for the account.
                          2) you should see a button in the 'Verification' section with the words 'Use the EA to update the account', click on that
                          3) login to your VPS and install the myfxbook EA, see this guide

Have a problem connecting the metatatrader publisher or setting up the myfxbook EA? Use our Metatrader connection wizard and troubleshooter

The order is sort of important, If you install the EA before enabling the 'Use the EA to update the account' bit, you'll end up with a duplicate MyFxBook account with a computer generated name.

The default update period is 5 minutes, I just left it at that.
                          Thanks for the post Westie, I had endless attempts to set my Pepperstone account public & use the EA to update to no avail, sure is particular about the order of method, but finally got it.

Comment

Wow, very nice to have the first couple of trades positive

I was going to login and see how much margin was being used on my 25:1 leverage account, but I missed it this time.
                            Let me and the others know mate, I';m also curious regarding the margin!

Comment

unfortunately yesterday no new trades, and so far today also zero trade opportunities.
                              well... there are always opportunities, but not matching what im specifically looking for in the market to have 1 or more orders executed.
                              stay put all... im also very impatience and what to see as many orders per day, but i guess safety and stick with my system i made is the best to do.
                              at least a lot better than just trading for the sake of trading lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans Bowles View Post
                                HANSTREND V2 BETATEST - UPDATE:
                                at least a lot better than just trading for the sake of trading lol
                                I'm fine with waiting. It's not the number of trades - it's the total profits that count!

Cheers,
                                Rod

Comment

Working...
                                X