No announcement yet.

HansTrend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, quality before quantity anytime!!!

Comment

• I'm really glad it didn't trade today, it's been choppy as anything and would probably have gone bad.

Doubt there's many intra day trend traders banking pips today.

I think it's Andrew that says - being out of the market is also a position

Comment

• HANSTREND V2 BETATEST - UPDATE:

Good morning! That was nice to wake up with, 3 orders, all in profit
        So far this beta test is going good for everyone!

I obviously already knew this isn't some happy action packed trading EA that I made, but this is what I want for myself anyway (something stable, low risk, nice gains, a trade once in a while when matching all my filters), and it's very nice to hear that it is ok for some here like nwboater, westie and opertunis

Some things I'm working on now is just my table on my site... apparently the timeout delay was a bit too short between my site and myfxbook, resulting in no updates. I just increased timeout between fetching myfxbook data and storing it on my server from 10s to 300s, so should be ok now. Meanwhile I messed something up regarding the avg numbers, as that's what I personally would like to look at, as it gives a better overall impression. So this should be done today

KappuhH
        Westie
        How are your margins doing? Regarding your 25:1 and 50:1 leverage accounts in the Beta Test ? Perhaps I can code something, that will write a log with margin availability at its lowest during the time of the orders, as I can't ask both of you to look at it 24hrs per day haha. But I think it's ok, its not loads of orders, and the lot sizes are low. Drawdows seem normal for everyone by the way for me, the risk/reward ratio is till this far still good as supposed to be.

Can't wait for later today or tomorrow

- Hans

27 JULY 2018: UP SINCE START BETA TEST ~0.6%
        1 AUGUST 2018: UP SINCE START BETA TEST ~1.1%
        Last edited by Hans Bowles; 08-01-2018, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• Fixed Averages :-)

fixedggg.jpg

Comment

• Anyone having problems with hanstrend.com webpage on mobile? Android version has some bug. Is It only me?
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post
              Anyone having problems with hanstrend.com webpage on mobile? Android version has some bug. Is It only me?
              Added to my todo-list "Mobile friendly"

Comment

• Looking good Hans. I didn't check the margins. Nice idea to check that through a script. Probably such script is available in de codebase at mql5.com. Otherwise it is very easy to code yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by KappuhH View Post
                  Looking good Hans. I didn't check the margins. Nice idea to check that through a script. Probably such script is available in de codebase at mql5.com. Otherwise it is very easy to code yourself.
                  yeah i will look for one, in case i spend time coding for nothing lol

Comment

• Can you make this bot available for the ctrader platform. or setup a copier from mt4 to ctrader? I'd be interested in setting up a funded account for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans Bowles View Post

yeah i will look for one, in case i spend time coding for nothing lol
                      I was asleep during the last trades, so again didn't get a chance to see the margin level. No error messages or missed trades though, so I guess we know you can have 0.03 lots open on USDJPY with 25:1 leverage.

If you find a script / code one up I'll happily put it on to monitor in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by HedgeBitcoin View Post
                        Can you make this bot available for the ctrader platform. or setup a copier from mt4 to ctrader? I'd be interested in setting up a funded account for you.
                        Sure, but only if:

1) The Beta Test is finished in 3 months
                        2) The results are good

Currently not looking for beta-testers, we already started, sorry

Originally posted by Westie View Post

I was asleep during the last trades, so again didn't get a chance to see the margin level. No error messages or missed trades though, so I guess we know you can have 0.03 lots open on USDJPY with 25:1 leverage.

If you find a script / code one up I'll happily put it on to monitor in the future.
                        I checked but I couldn't find any... so perhaps in the upcoming (unless you Google together with me) days I'll have to code one.
                        ​​​​​​​A bit stranhge it doesn't exist, as so many trade with low leverage..... it would make me think it already exists.

Comment

• Knocked something together quickly, no warrantee implied or given

Put it in your EA folder, and drag it onto a spare chart. The source code is in there if anyone wants to make changes (fix any bugs).

According to the MQL docs, Stop Out Level should be when you get a margin call, but the number looks like garbage to me. The brokers probably don't fill it in correctly.

Comment

• I think Stop Out Level is showing correctly. 50% means that you will get stopped out if equity falls below 50% of your margin requirement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westie View Post
                              Knocked something together quickly, no warrantee implied or given

Put it in your EA folder, and drag it onto a spare chart. The source code is in there if anyone wants to make changes (fix any bugs).

According to the MQL docs, Stop Out Level should be when you get a margin call, but the number looks like garbage to me. The brokers probably don't fill it in correctly.

https://gyazo.com/6c547817445199d552c451f812d4db4e
                              awesome, but will it write logs as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans Bowles View Post

awesome, but will it write logs as well?
                                There is a new version 1.1 now which does, though I wasn't sure what to write so I just made it up as I went along.

Again, put it in your EA folder, and drag it onto a spare chart. There is an option now to log to a file. It writes to the log whenever a bar closes - so the timeframe makes a difference. It just logs the time the bar closed, and the maximum (in $) margin used during that period. It's quite stupid, it just keeps appending to the same file over and over, and if you change timeframes - it'll write a new heading in the .csv.

I haven't really tested it, it's a bit of a hack job but it does seem to work.

Ps. The file ends up in the data folder\MQL4\files
                                Pps, Any changes, bugs etc welcome, I will try and find some time to update it

Comment

Working...
                                X