No announcement yet.

HansTrend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Hans is this rule only for MAM or also for signal?

** Please note that hw stands for high watermark, which means that if 1 month you lose for example 3%,
    you do not need to pay any future performance fee until that 3% has been earned back

Comment

Originally posted by smejko View Post
      @Hans is this rule only for MAM or also for signal?

** Please note that hw stands for high watermark, which means that if 1 month you lose for example 3%,
      you do not need to pay any future performance fee until that 3% has been earned back
      With signals you continue to pay, win or lose.
      However, there is no performance fee so you keep 100% of any profit.
      Last edited by BillHuppert; 06-08-2015, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Hans,

The signal is experiencing a sharp downturn, any explanation for this or any updates?

Thanks,

Comment

So sorry.. wrong thread.
          Last edited by shawntan; 06-11-2015, 03:39 PM. Reason: Too sleepy to read properly.

Comment

Originally posted by cprcrack
            Wait, so trades can be closed before reaching SL/TP levels? Because I suppose SL/TP levels are the same in the signal and in the MAM. Is it normal with this system that the trades are closed before reaching SL/TP?

What is the meaning of 'BE'?

Also, is it possible to see the MAM trades somewhere to compare?

What do you mean with a percent in profit? The monthly growth of this incomplete month is the worst of all the history of the signal.
            I AM TERRIBLY SORRY. My lack of sleep has made me misread the forum title. I thought this was goldstar thread . So sorry. I'll remove the post now

Comment

Originally posted by cprcrack
              Wait, so trades can be closed before reaching SL/TP levels? Because I suppose SL/TP levels are the same in the signal and in the MAM. Is it normal with this system that the trades are closed before reaching SL/TP?

What is the meaning of 'BE'?

Also, is it possible to see the MAM trades somewhere to compare?

What do you mean with a percent in profit? The monthly growth of this incomplete month is the worst of all the history of the signal.
              But I too am also a subscriber of the Hanstrend. I'm not at all worried, we are only at 3.5% drawdown. I'm overall still in a net loss for this signal. But it's the safest system here on the market. and in forex, safety comes first. When you can stay in the market long enough, only then you can generate profit. The markets now are not too easy on breakout systems/trend following systems in general. A lot of whiplash and false breaks so it's natural to sustain a bit if whooping by Mr market. Take it in stride and in time we will (very very hopefully) see the system turn to profit

So sorry for the confusion. I thought this was the goldstar thread [emoji20]

Comment

Originally posted by shawntan View Post
                But I too am also a subscriber of the Hanstrend. I'm not at all worried, we are only at 3.5% drawdown. I'm overall still in a net loss for this signal. But it's the safest system here on the market. and in forex, safety comes first. When you can stay in the market long enough, only then you can generate profit. The markets now are not too easy on breakout systems/trend following systems in general. A lot of whiplash and false breaks so it's natural to sustain a bit if whooping by Mr market. Take it in stride and in time we will (very very hopefully) see the system turn to profit
                I too am in a net loss, and telling myself to stick with it, so thanks for your interesting post.
                It is much harder to follow this than a signal such as Viper, where you get that nice warm fuzzy feeling of only seeing green pips.
                However, in theory this signal has a better return as the relative drawdown for about the same percentage return is much lower.
                Hard to see that when swimming through a sea of red pips though!

Comment

Originally posted by BillHuppert View Post
                  I too am in a net loss, and telling myself to stick with it, so thanks for your interesting post.
                  It is much harder to follow this than a signal such as Viper, where you get that nice warm fuzzy feeling of only seeing green pips.
                  However, in theory this signal has a better return as the relative drawdown for about the same percentage return is much lower.
                  Hard to see that when swimming through a sea of red pips though!
                  It's definitely not easy. Especially when the trades were in good profit (both the usdjpy and last week's eurusd ) it definitely hurts to see profit turn to losses but that's forex. If we all choose to close the trades ourselves we could lose out on a lot of potential profit. So I'll just leave it to the hands of the signal master and let him do the work

Though this signal may be a bit difficult to balance if you're using multiple signals on your account. The equity/balance swings from the other signals affects the percentage gain and losses overall.

Comment

UPDATE:

I'm sorry for some of you indeed seem to start at the wrong moment. It's something I can't help obviously.
                    I usually experience the same, similar like 1 out of 100 tv's have problems, I always seem to buy that exact tv.

Anyways, HansTrend goes up and down and up and down. This is very easy to easy when looking at the past performance.
                    However, that been said, the overall average is still in the positive direction meaning up and profit, and that's what
                    I care about. Unlike many others strategies out there which have more continuous positive orders, HansTrend
                    usually benefits from the higher TP levels, so I'm positive this is just temporary.

Furthermore, HansTrend usually loves to trade the huge breakouts and the bigger the better, so let's hope
                    the economy worldwide becomes unstable again, so everyone subscribed to HansTrend can benefit again.

Comment

Thanks for update Hans. One question: Why we cant see your signal in the market place?

Comment

Originally posted by berndbread View Post
                        Thanks for update Hans. One question: Why we cant see your signal in the market place?

http://cp.forexsignals.com/forex-signals.html
                        You need to go here:

FX Blue is a leading provider of apps and services for forex traders. FX Blue offers analysis of trading results, apps such as trade copiers and trade simulators, plus charts and alogrithmic news feeds.

Comment

Hi,
                          Market will probably gap down on market open. Should we disable the signal or is your team supervising?
                          thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by arkoon View Post
                            Hi,
                            Market will probably gap down on market open. Should we disable the signal or is your team supervising?
                            thanks!
                            With 2 buy orders, I don't see any problem with a gap no matter what direction.
                            That being said, my team is monitoring it and me as well, although GoldStar should be able to handle anything

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Bowles View Post
                              With 2 buy orders, I don't see any problem with a gap no matter what direction.
                              That being said, my team is monitoring it and me as well, although GoldStar should be able to handle anything
                              Hi Hans, I believe he meant hanstrend not gold star

Comment

Oops sorry... Hanstrend... well in that case no need to worry at all as HansTrend lives and breathes breakouts... I have had gaps before with HansTrend, and so far did not really affect me that much. But feel free to disable HansTrend so you are 100% sure nothing bad can happen. I leave it on myself though, for the ones who would like to know.

Comment

Working...
                                X