X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Originally posted by cprcrack
    Thanks a lot for the answers Big River Man, really appreciate them. If possible I would like to hear a more detailed explanation of the last point, I'm pretty sure there must a minimum acceptable balance and I want to know how much margin do I have depending on the amount I invest.

Also regarding the 700USD 6 month subscription, I have another question. I see than I can also AutoTrade HansTrend via myfxbook.com. However what is the real cost of trading via myfxbook AutoTrade? I read that it's about 0.5 pips per winning trade but no idea how to really convert that into USD. Will that service be provided in the future together with the 700USD 6 month subscription?
    thanks BRM for answering the questions earlier.

Regarding myfxbook, this is temporary, as I'm curious how that works. I will disable auto-trading on myfxbook end of this month. Nothing beats SimpleTrader in my opinion for accounts between 5k and up (and MAM ofcourse for the clients with more capital to invest).

If you come here to this forum from Myfxbook, then please also check out my other signal GoldStar as well as a few more from others such as Viper, as I'm not the only signal here, many many more of which some might be even better for you

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    Originally posted by cprcrack
    1. This is probably a simple newbie question, but how does the risk multiplier affect drawdowns? I assume that if the risk is 2x, both the monthly gain % and drawdown % will also be multiplied by two. However, what happens with regard to drawdown length in time? For example in the screenshot Hans provided where it took 3.5 months to exit the drawdown, would have it taken the same exact amount of time (3.5 months) to exit the drawdown with 2x risk? Or is there something else that must be taken into account?

Edit: Adding more questions for Hans regarding HansTrade, I hope you can answer them when you have a moment:

2. What Account Settings should I chose for the signal? I want to have a risk multiplier of 2x. Should I chose "Risk Multiplier Using Account Balance" or "Risk Multiplier Using Account Equity"? Or may "Lot Multiplier" or "Fixed Lot" be more suitable?

3. In Advance Settings, what "Max Slippage in Pips" should I chose? Should I enable "Copy Trake Profit" and/or "Copy Stop Loss"?

4. I would like to start with 5000 EUR. Is this a safe amount that will guarantee I'm not assuming more risk than 2 times the master strategy with a multiplier of 2x? Could you specify what are the minimum amounts for different multipliers that guarantee the risk doesn't increase because of low funds?
    1. Same, you got it.
    2. Using account balance
    3. 1-3 depends on your broker. Everyone copies TP. Some people copy SL.
    4..$$$$ only matters that you make more than the subscription. If your not projected to make more than 2x your sub fee a month then I wouldn't bother

Sent from Uranus

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    UPDATE:

What is currently happening with HansTrend is not uncommon, which I try to illustrate in the screenshot below.
    So just go ahead with the drawdowns, try to swallow it and thank me later.
    However, HansTrend would be a great addition to your portfolio, so other signals you have subscribed to can
    make up for any negative months. I highly recommend the signals; Viper, Harbor, GoldStar and Kilimanjaro.

screenshot:
    ddd.png

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Originally posted by hs2013 View Post
    Hi Hans. Just subscriped to Goldstar and HansTrend.
    Now HansTrend is at it's DrawDawn high, so does it change it's ways, reducing lotsize or it's activity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi, sadly this is correct, it's at it highest point compared to other months regarding drawdown
    However, like I said before, it's all about the overall gain, instead of looking at only 1 or 2
    or even single 3 months.

Regarding changes, there will be none.
    HansTrend has proven to work outstanding over the long-term which is why I (HansTrend) will
    not change lotsizes or it's activity.

You might have noticed there were no trades at all at some point lasting for days which is because
    there were no huge breakouts caused by news. There needs to be huge price movements + certain
    correct values in order to start opening trade(s).

Furthermore I do recommend to not lower the lotsize yourself.

Cheers,
    Hans

Leave a comment:

• hs2013
    replied
    Hi Hans. Just subscriped to Goldstar and HansTrend.
    Now HansTrend is at it's DrawDawn high, so does it change it's ways, reducing lotsize or it's activity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    Thanks for your answers Hans.

It's good that you've given a longer free trial as this way it's much easier to judge. Personally i don't care how many trades there are. All I care about is the $ at the end of the month.

All I wanted to know is if things were running along smoothly or if it was turned off. So that bit of reassurance is all good from my side now.

Here's to making some money and trying to make a "better" life for ourselves.

Forex for me now is more about risk and less sleepless nights!!!

Hope you enjoyed your sojourn.

BRM

Leave a comment:

• Hans Bowles
    replied
    Originally posted by shawntan View Post
    I believe when he meant major fix he meant it as the gap that opened after the Easter holiday
    correct (y)

correct (y)

Originally posted by SteveOSling View Post
    Hello Hans and Others,

Any chance of a GBP denominated MAM? Preferably at Global Prime.

Cheers
    This depends on the amount of your investment, obviously I'm able to set up customized mams at any broker. Please email me regarding mams at info@hansbowles.com

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
    I've been subbed for just under a week and had only 2 very small 15 minute trades. Is this normal trading or have I typically signed up at a bad time?

Sent from Uranus
    Correct (y)

This always seems to happen to many subscribers. People subscribe and start with losses, and afterwards they decide to not extend their trial or even unsubscribe to eventually subscribe again the next month and so on. For me personally also being an investor I always have this problem. I just call this bad luck, and learned that slow starts with losses doesn't matter as long as the overall performance is good in the long run.

Regarding higher risk settings; start slow (low multipliers) and put it higher as soon as you made both vps costs back, as well as subscription costs and a few percentage of profit on top of it as well, so if you hit some losing trades, it doesn't really bother that much. I mean eventually everyone wants to start right away with profit, but please keep in mind that HansTrend does NOT always have a profitable month! That said, look @ ie.; -2% + 2% + 2% = 2% (example numbers), and that's what HansTrend is about. LongTerm profit.

Originally posted by aryary10 View Post
    Hans, any reply to BRM's comment? It would be helpful to all paying clients if you had time to respond in the forum. Yes understand you may be busy or whatever, but as paying clients there is a obligation i believe to have some sort of interaction?

I believe there was a similar situation in the goldstar forum......surely this issue needs to be addressed
    GoldStar I think I'm doing pretty well with answering every single question, slow start though being new at the whole ForexSignals thing.
    I'm sorry that I was gone for a week (10 days actually), and afterwards I was extremely busy replying to mails from subscribers as well. I do my best to reply here as soon as I can. My sincere apologizes that things got a big piled up during my absence and getting questions that my staff could not answer themselves, and left unanswered to be answered by myself.

--

Update: I hope I have answered your question(s) and obviously I can't wait to see HansTrend performing well again, as since the start of making HansTrend available to the ForexSignals community it clearly shows a not so nice start as I mentioned in reply to BigRiverMan in this very same post.

Cheers,
    Hans

Leave a comment:

• aryary10
    replied
    Hans, any reply to BRM's comment? It would be helpful to all paying clients if you had time to respond in the forum. Yes understand you may be busy or whatever, but as paying clients there is a obligation i believe to have some sort of interaction?

I believe there was a similar situation in the goldstar forum......surely this issue needs to be addressed

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    I've been subbed for just under a week and had only 2 very small 15 minute trades. Is this normal trading or have I typically signed up at a bad time?

Sent from Uranus

Leave a comment:

• SteveOSling
    replied
    Hello Hans and Others,

Any chance of a GBP denominated MAM? Preferably at Global Prime.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    Thanks Shawntan for the reply....

But drawdown does not start from Day 1
    I think you need to read what he said again. And then go look at myfxbook properly.....

Leave a comment:

• aryary10
    replied
    Thanks Shawntan for the reply....

But drawdown does not start from Day 1

Leave a comment:

• shawntan
    replied
    Hi,

HansTrend looks very interesting. One thing i need some clarity on is the drawdown calculation - can some one please help.

Looking at the myfxbook growth chart

18 March 2015 Growth 141.45%
    10 April 2015 Growth 131.87%

drawdown is shown as 5.21%

Can someone please explain why the difference....am i missing something in the settings.

Thanks
    Well assuming that you started your account with $100 from day 1,
    at 141.45% growth the account will have a total balance of $241.45. So at 131.87% growth your balance is $231.87 which is a total of 3.96% DD.

Hope it helps

Leave a comment:

• aryary10
    replied
    Hi,

HansTrend looks very interesting. One thing i need some clarity on is the drawdown calculation - can some one please help.

Looking at the myfxbook growth chart

18 March 2015 Growth 141.45%
    10 April 2015 Growth 131.87%

drawdown is shown as 5.21%

Can someone please explain why the difference....am i missing something in the settings.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• BillHuppert
    replied
    Originally posted by shawntan View Post
    I believe when he meant major fix he meant it as the gap that opened after the Easter holiday
    Probably referring to this:

Following the replacement of the archaic practice of gold fixing with a more transparent system, skeptics who were put off entering the gold market are now changing their minds, John Butler, CIO at Amphora Capital told RT.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X