Smart Squared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BMM View Post
    do you suggest to disable EURAUD for people that already had closed this basket till you close it too?

I am wondering in case of other trade / hedging you could start to do. Theoretically speaking you could decide to hedge something that we don't have causing a mess

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1216[/ATTACH]
    No need to disable any pair.
    Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Watching this pair is like watching someone take a nap. Come on little pair. You can do it!

Comment

• The TP on my open EURAUDs is changing every 2 minutes with 4 pips up and down. Is that normal?

Comment

• Really don't like this with Stevens talking today. For the sake off less than a pip on Axi we are in this predicament. It hurts. Seat belts indeed. Be awesome if I could set up a tight little 5 pip SL when the basket gets to within 2 pips of TP. Anyone know how to manually do that?

Comment

• Using MQL4 for MT4,
            Here is a video on how to make a trailing stop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT2WinT4yjY

Instead of move to breakeven when 20/50pips in profit, have Stop loss move when < 5pips of set TP.

Comment

• Smart Squared!

Originally posted by genki7 View Post

Instead of move to breakeven when 20/50pips in profit, have Stop loss move when < 5pips of set TP.
              If you have copy SL set to yes the copier may be constantly overwriting the EA you're using. You may have to set copy SL to no

Edit: just realised there's no SL on the scalper trades so no issue there
              Last edited by pearcey2; 07-30-2015, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• It looks like we got some volatility - just not the kind we were looking for. Really not sure whether to pull the plug on this, but I am afraid of EURAUD dropping more now that it almost seems to have broken through the support.

I am a newbie in forex, but what is disturbing to me is that this signal placed multiple buys on EURAUD only around 100 pips away from a major resistance level on the weekly chart. Seems like a small upside and a huge downside potential, especially since it doesn't seem to place definite stop losses that are comparable to the size of the likely upside.

I would really appreciate any thoughts from more experienced people on these points. We're all trying to make the best decisions here.

Comment

• Originally posted by adastra View Post
                  It looks like we got some volatility - just not the kind we were looking for. Really not sure whether to pull the plug on this, but I am afraid of EURAUD dropping more now that it almost seems to have broken through the support.

I am a newbie in forex, but what is disturbing to me is that this signal placed multiple buys on EURAUD only around 100 pips away from a major resistance level on the weekly chart. Seems like a small upside and a huge downside potential, especially since it doesn't seem to place definite stop losses that are comparable to the size of the likely upside.

I would really appreciate any thoughts from more experienced people on these points. We're all trying to make the best decisions here.
                  the master account is at -19% with WCS at -25%. If you close the trades now you'll guarantee a 19% loss on your acct. If you wait you risk an additional 6% loss vs a 19% recovery. Can't see any reason not to hang on

Comment

• Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
                    the master account is at -19% with WCS at -25%. If you close the trades now you'll guarantee a 19% loss on your acct. If you wait you risk an additional 6% loss vs a 19% recovery. Can't see any reason not to hang on
                    I see. For what it's worth, I placed some sells on EURAUD without closing the buys, so as to hedge against further decline. So now just waiting to see which way it'll decide to go.

Comment

• Smart Squared!

Originally posted by adastra View Post
                      I see. For what it's worth, I placed some sells on EURAUD without closing the buys, so as to hedge against further decline. So now just waiting to see which way it'll decide to go.
                      If you're someone who's new to Forex I'd reconsider manually intervening. The hedges might look good now but if there's a spike back up you'll be stuck with losing open trades and no idea how to handle them
                      Your call but I'd be closing them, doing a quick cartwheel that you got lucky and they are in profit and letting the signal provider provide the signals (hence the name )

Comment

• Also master as of now is around -9% not -19% unless my glasses are broken, so I think we vijay has lots of room to move,

__

sorry edit, smart2 is around -9% but scalper is around yes -19%
                        Last edited by minkw; 07-30-2015, 01:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by minkw View Post
                          Also master as of now is around -9% not -19% unless my glasses are broken, so I think we vijay has lots of room to move,
                          I am following 1x risk and am at 19% drawdown

Scalper I am on okay yes.
                          Last edited by Big River Man; 07-30-2015, 01:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pearcey2 View Post
                            If you're someone who's new to Forex I'd reconsider manually intervening. The hedges might look good now but if there's a spike back up you'll be stuck with losing open trades and no idea how to handle them
                            Your call but I'd be closing them, doing a quick cartwheel that you got lucky and they are in profit and letting the signal provider provide the signals (hence the name )
                            I appreciate that. Although, I don't yet have that kind of faith in this signal, as I just signed up. I am a newbie, true, but I have already put stop losses on the hedges above a reasonable resistance level. So maybe I'm just managing my psychology with these hedges, but rest assured that I won't make an already bad situation worse with them. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Comment

• So I really hope master is at 19% also and not 9%. Otherwise it's not good

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                                I am following 1x risk and am at 19% drawdown
                                Big River Man, is the size of your account the same as that of the master account? That could also make a difference in that figure.

Comment

Working...
                                X