Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smart Squared!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • havent closed it, if i jump off a building i can just as well aim for the pavement instead of a balcony.

    Just to bad that he got his new record DD just 3 days into my subscrition, just my luck i guess.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Stingern View Post
      In hindsight i must agree wit Adastra that this trade should have been easely avoided.

      And its very bad that it ruins you great record that was for me atleast that one reason that i chose youre signal to start out with EA`s.

      So right now my confidence in this signal is shattered.

      I will not recommend smart2 untill the damage is undone or a good excuse have been posted for why it dident pick up on those warning signs that was very clear for all to see and still did what it did.

      Sorry for some hars words here but you have cost me alot of money today.

      @Stingern: Didn't you read the description before you subscribed to the signal? It is clearly stated that the Max. DD could be up to 20% at any point. If that makes you uncomfortable you should not have subscribed to it. But you can't have a 6% monthly growth with 1% risk. One comes with the other.

      Also the current DD with 1x Risk should be somewhere around 9%, not even half the Max. DD that is stated in the description. If you already start losing your sh** at this point then you are either running it at too high a risk or this signal is not right for you. Either way, it is way too soon to start pointing fingers. The trader is still well within his set of rules and I am sure that this is just a small bump before we hit new equity highs. So the best thing to do is to ride it out with the rest of us and let Vijay do his job.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by sabot View Post
        @Stingern: Didn't you read the description before you subscribed to the signal? It is clearly stated that the Max. DD could be up to 20% at any point. If that makes you uncomfortable you should not have subscribed to it. But you can't have a 6% monthly growth with 1% risk. One comes with the other.

        Also the current DD with 1x Risk should be somewhere around 9%, not even half the Max. DD that is stated in the description. If you already start losing your sh** at this point then you are either running it at too high a risk or this signal is not right for you. Either way, it is way too soon to start pointing fingers. The trader is still well within his set of rules and I am sure that this is just a small bump before we hit new equity highs. So the best thing to do is to ride it out with the rest of us and let Vijay do his job.
        Perhaps. However, my objection regarding entering buys without safe stop losses near a major weekly chart resistance stands unanswered. An EA should in theory pay attention to major levels, I would hope?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by adastra View Post
          Perhaps. However, my objection regarding entering buys without safe stop losses near a major weekly chart resistance stands unanswered. An EA should in theory pay attention to major levels, I would hope?
          Not necessarily. Some EA's take S/R levels into account, some use volatility, range, momentum etc. Having tried quite a few EA's myself I know that no EA can value in all the factors that a manual trader would consider for his own trades and every EA works better in some market conditions than in others. The important thing for an EA is that it's profitable in the long run, and I think so far it definitely is. As I said before, we are not even at half the Max. DD and people are already freaking out. I don't get it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by sabot View Post
            Not necessarily. Some EA's take S/R levels into account, some use volatility, range, momentum etc. Having tried quite a few EA's myself I know that no EA can value in all the factors that a manual trader would consider for his own trades and every EA works better in some market conditions than in others. The important thing for an EA is that it's profitable in the long run, and I think so far it definitely is. As I said before, we are not even at half the Max. DD and people are already freaking out. I don't get it.
            That's fair enough. But seeing as this is a trend-finding EA, it would seem advantageous to pay attention to major supports and tops. Just my 2 cents.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by adastra View Post
              That's fair enough. But seeing as this is a trend-finding EA, it would seem advantageous to pay attention to major supports and tops. Just my 2 cents.
              No one was complaining when it did exactly the same thing weeks ago. It's core principles obviously haven't changed just for this one trade.

              Comment


              • Did Vijay break any rule of this signal? No!

                Are we in big troubles being near maxDD agreed? No! (if yes I could understand some moaning)

                ... so guys... let the trader do his job without increasing the pressure on him with silly comments, please

                Comment


                • Hooray. About time someone made sense. Harden up princesses.

                  Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • i use fxcm and due to the very low spread my euraud trades closed with profit 3 days ago i suggest everyone use fxcm

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                      No one was complaining when it did exactly the same thing weeks ago. It's core principles obviously haven't changed just for this one trade.
                      You mean that it entered a trade in the direction of a major support or resistance level at that time as well? I wasn't a subscriber then so I cannot comment on that.

                      But in terms of 'silly comments' supposedly putting pressure on the trader, I doubt that is the case. If anything, rational criticisms could be taken as suggestions for future improvements, which would amount to increasing profits. I think we should all want that. And that is my final word on this matter.

                      On the positive side, it looks like we may be bouncing back up somewhat.

                      Comment


                      • Here's my rational criticism:
                        Subs need to stop trippin', *****es.

                        Comment


                        • Great work ... vigay ..
                          I am on the mamm and flat and just made 3 % today 👍👍

                          Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • As for the eur aud trades still open on some accounts ... i think its getting better guys.
                            Just cool down☺

                            Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Mine is one of these Just looking today euraud movements, I'm starting thinking to never recover this trade... I hope I will be wrong....

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by davidoff View Post
                                i use fxcm and due to the very low spread my euraud trades closed with profit 3 days ago i suggest everyone use fxcm
                                same here. since they switched their pricing model spreads and higher lot trades work out in our favor in terms of commision. Hopefully they stay in business

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X