No announcement yet.

Smart Squared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got really bad fill and lost -157 pips for three trades. What a disaster for icmarkets.

Comment

• I watched it happen ... amazing spike up, but bad fill for me with global prime and my vps.... only made 5 pips on the whole basket.

Comment

• Originally posted by ktyong View Post
        I got really bad fill and lost -157 pips for three trades. What a disaster for icmarkets.
        Really cant blame them this time pal. .
        The spike was extremely fast ...
        Nobody expects a proper fill at those times ... its just luck here .. pls read my post above ...
        Anywsy try out with ic markets. ..
        Mamm is on ic and got good fills

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by sloozefx View Post
          I watched it happen ... amazing spike up, but bad fill for me with global prime and my vps.... only made 5 pips on the whole basket.
          Any idea about the reason for this spike ??

Comment

• Spikes happen when there is no definite direction for the currency, it also happens when there is no liquidity just before the news and were offers deep down. The reason i set TP is because of this. As we have TPs set it will go as an offer, if someone wanted to buy and there are no other offers, we will get filled. Not saying we were the only ones at that level. There was also news which might result in spikes. Its normal during the news unless you have a definite direction

We made 1.2 and 2% in Smart2 and Smart2MAM respectively. Good start nevertheless.
            Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Originally posted by sloozefx View Post
              I watched it happen ... amazing spike up, but bad fill for me with global prime and my vps.... only made 5 pips on the whole basket.
              Were your TPs set for all the trades?

Comment

• Vijay. I closed at -2%. Where was your TP set at. Is this something I should have my broker review.

Comment

• Originally posted by ktyong View Post
                  I got really bad fill and lost -157 pips for three trades. What a disaster for icmarkets.
                  Have you set up TP at your control panel ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                    Were your TPs set for all the trades?
                    Yep...same as usual. All closed at 2.15689.

Comment

• Originally posted by KGB View Post
                      Vijay. I closed at -2%. Where was your TP set at. Is this something I should have my broker review.
                      Thats bad. You should definitely speak to your broker. The TP was set at 2.15689, ask him why was it not honored when the price reached that point. Few pips of difference is acceptable but not this much

Comment

• Anyway gr8 use of the exit u got vigay ...
                        It was wise having a tp set ..

Comment

• I didn't copy SL and hit -5% equity. Really bad luck for me.

Comment

• I had a really good fill with icmarkets. Good job vijay! Though it definitely felt super risky going into news with a somewhat heavy basket.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

• -70 pips, -1.28% for the basket with ATC Brokers US. 2 of the trades closed ok at 2.15772, but the last one opened, closed at 2.14785, a 100 pips lower. I'll see if they do anything about it. Most likely they will say that is the risk of trading during a central bank announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwing View Post
                                -70 pips, -1.28% for the basket with ATC Brokers US. 2 of the trades closed ok at 2.15772, but the last one opened, closed at 2.14785, a 100 pips lower. I'll see if they do anything about it. Most likely they will say that is the risk of trading during a central bank announcement.
                                if they send your TP to the market, it got to be filled as the price went much lower than our TP. The problem is these brokers only release the TP when they see the price touching the TP level. Thats too late. By the time it reaches the market price would have swung. If they send the TP as soon as you set it, it will be filled at your price if the price goes beyong your TP level. We were in that scenario this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X