Smart Squared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by taruh View Post
    That's odd because I follow Smart Scalper on two accounts and on both the trades closed after reaching TP.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    If you have the EA set to copy TP..and your broker hits the TP your trades close, even if the master Smart Scalper account does not.

Comment

• Hi taruh,

if you do not copy TP/SL to your account the positions are closed when master closes.
      If master didn't hit TP on his broker positions will remain open on master and on the account that copies it's trading.

If you copy TP/SL to your account it might be that your brokers data feed/spread hits TP/SL and your positions will be closed and master might be open anyway.

Regards,

ESG

Originally posted by taruh View Post
      That's odd because I follow Smart Scalper on two accounts and on both the trades closed after reaching TP.

Comment

• Originally posted by ESG View Post
        Hi taruh,

if you do not copy TP/SL to your account the positions are closed when master closes.
        If master didn't hit TP on his broker positions will remain open on master and on the account that copies it's trading.

If you copy TP/SL to your account it might be that your brokers data feed/spread hits TP/SL and your positions will be closed and master might be open anyway.

Regards,

ESG
        Yes that clears up a lot. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by jprize View Post
          If you have the EA set to copy TP..and your broker hits the TP your trades close, even if the master Smart Scalper account does not.
          Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

• Both ll trade the same way. But scalpers master is not am ecn platform. So sometimes on scalper trades do not hit TP n on smart2 master, they hit Tp. And all other good brokers do reach TP. This happens very rarely. When it happens I intervene n trade the necessary actions

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
            Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Hi Vijay,

looks like I have to reassess my view on following SmartScalper and SmartTrader as single signals.

What are the risk/lot settings in the combined account of Smart2 for the combined strategies?
              Would be good to know which lot size per 1K account balance or whatever calculation it might be what is used for each strategy today.

I would like to be able to compare my risk/lot size that I use today for the single signals to get a good impression about the consequences switching to Smart2.
              But I really like the ability to switch off SmartScalper at times and have SmartTrader running ;-)

Kind regards,

ESG

Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
              Both ll trade the same way. But scalpers master is not am ecn platform. So sometimes on scalper trades do not hit TP n on smart2 master, they hit Tp. And all other good brokers do reach TP. This happens very rarely. When it happens I intervene n trade the necessary actions

Comment

• SmartScalper: 0.5x risk
                SmartTrader: 1.5x risk

Comment

• With Scalper you really can't go wrong with copying TP. There are many brokers out there with better spread than his master account and many many many (remember the guy from Police Academy moveis lol) times my trades closed earlier. Yes you lose a tiny bit of profit each trade but it is more than compensated when you get another level and huge profit because your other trades are already closed. Or you get to feel better even if no more trades are open because you're out of the market instead of being stuck in a basket.

Comment

• Hi smejko,

but on what basis?
                    Looks like Smart2 is running its own instances of SmartScalper and respectively SmartTrader as manual.
                    Therefore it would be necessary to know how the lot sizes are calculated with respect to the balance of the Smart2 master account.

I have set up SmartTrader at 0.6 and SmartScalper at 0.4 risk with regard to account balance on my master account.

Vijay:
                    Might it be possible to clarify?

Regards,

ESG

Comment

• No Smart2 is copied from smartscalper and trader. Initial risks are 0.5 and 1.5 and they might change depending on the no of trades that are already open and the DD etc. This is already clarified many times.

Comment

• How are you going to manage this for SS subscripers ?? You have to give more attention to this account as you are getting paid for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I think what subs want to understand is how will the open trades in SS be handled, now that some subs have open trades, and some do not. Will VJ add to the basket? If so; will the "added" trades be managed as a new trade in S2, and as part of a basket in SS? If a sub's account is flat, should the signal be disabled til this is resolved? ????

Comment

• Originally posted by jprize View Post
                            I think what subs want to understand is how will the open trades in SS be handled, now that some subs have open trades, and some do not. Will VJ add to the basket? If so; will the "added" trades be managed as a new trade in S2, and as part of a basket in SS? If a sub's account is flat, should the signal be disabled til this is resolved? ????
                            There ll not be any trades on smart2 from scalper till I close this basket. I have already mentioned that. I may trade 4th trade depending on the situation. That trade ll.not b copied on to smart2

Comment

• Hey Guys,

We booked 40+ pips today on GBPNZD. i will still be looking to short GBPNZD. We have made pretty solid 3.2% for this month.

Comment

• Thank-you Vijay for a safe and solid February so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X