No announcement yet.

Smart Squared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Guys, i might offload one or two trades taking 1 or 2% loss, to reduce the risk if the price moves little more in favor. Even though i am optimistic about the BE, i dont want to take chances. Protecting the capital is the top priority.
    Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Yes it makes sense Vijay, safety first.
      Thanks.

Comment

• Vijay, do what you do, That is what got you your past results.

Do not be influenced by this Forum.

Comment

• Hey Guys,

I have closed two trades at loss and one at BE. Another trade i kept it open. Hopefully i will book 0.5% to 1% on this trade(if that is possible). We have 1.95% loss for this month. As i expected we would have gotten out BE, i played safe.

Thanks you all for supporting me.

Lets continue to make money

Cheers

Comment

• Good, we are safe now This, is one week of good trading and we are back in profits. Vijay, will you insert some sort of filter that has min. pip distance higher for pairs that are more volatile, so we don't open trades so close to each other in the future? Also I didn't see any scalpers trades yet, did you disable it because of DD?

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post
              Good, we are safe now This, is one week of good trading and we are back in profits. Vijay, will you insert some sort of filter that has min. pip distance higher for pairs that are more volatile, so we don't open trades so close to each other in the future? Also I didn't see any scalpers trades yet, did you disable it because of DD?
              If these r smart traders trades .. then i guess lot sizing was bit more than usual also .. am i right ?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherif View Post
                If these r smart traders trades .. then i guess lot sizing was bit more than usual also .. am i right ?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
                No the lot sizes correct. But however I ll include the volatality in lot sizes so they ll b reduced in future n target more pips so our returns won't get affected

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                  No the lot sizes correct. But however I ll include the volatality in lot sizes so they ll b reduced in future n target more pips so our returns won't get affected

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
                  I agree with everything and I'm gladly watching the process of development of your system. I am sure that almost every criticism written in past few days will only help making your hard work even better. Even though it's a lot easier to hear good words and get good credits than to hear constructive criticisms.
                  I am going to become your faithful subscriber very soon.

All the best,
                  VidSter

Comment

• Vijay followed the long-term trend and the stubborn GBP/JPY fell right in place. Thank-you Vijay..... and we still have plenty of time this month to get into positive territory.

Comment

• Wow..that's my reaction as I wake up. You got some balls of steel man.

100% concur with the changes to be made for volatility. Situation was bad for some time there.

That being said that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and my hat goes off to you for being strong. Anyways getting ahead of myself as still a trade open. But well played you made the best out of a bad situation.

Comment

• 1 important (costly) lesson learned for me is don't adjust your risk setting during open drawdowns.

Initially I had set Smart2 risk to 2x. When DD occurred I adjusted to 1x and changed my max DD limit to 25%. I got taken out on the 2nd spike up for 25% loss (when master would've been only 12.5%).

Costly mistake, but a valuable lesson learnt. Yes it does hurt.

At the end of the day, my account still alive. My other Smart accounts out of DD.

Well done Vijay.
                        Last edited by hardyli; 03-08-2016, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Hey Guys,

I booked 1% profit on the last trade. So we closed the entire GBPJPY basket at 0.9% loss. There was a chance for us to get our BE or little profit, but i tried to be safe. We ended up at 0.89% loss for this month and We have plenty of time to make profits for this month.

Cheers

Comment

• Vijay well done to get out of the basket with a small loss. Sometimes one has to take a step back to move forward.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Couple of small changes you may see in the system(smarttrader trades only)

There are two small changes i am thinking
                              1. For high volatile pairs i will change the lot sizes. Based on how much they are moving. In the GBPJPY case for example, i would have taken half the lot size, and also the reward will be double the size. I usually book 70-100 pips on smarttrader trades if they are working well. For high volatile pairs this will change. I might be looking to book 100-300 pips. In the GBPJPY for example(if it had worked in my favor), i will take half the lot size and try to book 200 pips. So this change will only reduce the DD and not affect our returns.
                              2. Will allow the EA to take only 3 trades and i will take it up from there. I will manage manually. This will give me some room to add one or more trades on top and exit early or book some profits.

I am also thinking of gap widening between the trades depending on the volatality. But the system was already updated with that. Except in this scenario, all the other times, there was proper spacing between the trades

Comment

• Hello Vijay,

Just wondering:
                                EURNZD was closed on Smart2 but not on SmartScalper?
                                Is the position still open on SmartScalper master?

Myfxbook does not show this position in history list.
                                Regards,

ESG

Comment

Working...
                                X