Smart Squared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
    We're a long way from that level, chances are we'll still be able to recover without taking a major loss.

Yes, it's happened twice now this month that we've been in a bit of trouble, but it isn't necessarily significant. Through the random distribution of losses we're bound to hit a couple of bad patches in a row at some point.

Vijay has shown that he can cut the trades if needed and rebuild, so I'm not personally concerned. This is just part of what happens when we shoot for above market returns.
    Totally agree nick ... yet after we r out of this basket .. i guess this is a double alarm for us this month to be more cautious as market is so wide and irrational these days .. thats y many traders all over the market. . Lower leverage even with lower returns here might be a good option for the next few weeks imo .. and inam sure we r quiet safe with vigay..
    Thnx

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

• For the last year or so have disabled the Smart Scalper signal around 10 pm CET Thursday , it has saved me from some huge losses, I really like the signal but trades on Friday seem to go pear shaped so I think it is best to miss out on a few trades on Friday and wait. Vijay is a great trader and has made me some good money, I just am glad from Nick and the Simple trader controls we have the 'off' button on the copier if we need it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mawaukltd View Post
        For the last year or so have disabled the Smart Scalper signal around 10 pm CET Thursday , it has saved me from some huge losses, I really like the signal but trades on Friday seem to go pear shaped so I think it is best to miss out on a few trades on Friday and wait. Vijay is a great trader and has made me some good money, I just am glad from Nick and the Simple trader controls we have the 'off' button on the copier if we need it.
        So if history is saying that these losses are occurring during a particular time and on a particular pair, wouldn't this be an indication to refine the strategy? Maybe it's also better to switch off Smart2 on Friday's, and disable certain pairs, but better still why aren't the lessons being used to further refine the strategy if Friday is truly a day where we have encountered numerous losses. Then shouldn't Vijay be considering some changes in this regard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Salubrious View Post
          So if history is saying that these losses are occurring during a particular time and on a particular pair, wouldn't this be an indication to refine the strategy? Maybe it's also better to switch off Smart2 on Friday's, and disable certain pairs, but better still why aren't the lessons being used to further refine the strategy if Friday is truly a day where we have encountered numerous losses. Then shouldn't Vijay be considering some changes in this regard?

This truly warrants further investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
            This truly warrants further investigation.
            I took note of it and we will do the analysis once we r out if this basket

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
            Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• He copied my levels I gave here yesterday? Lol.
              It's not been a good week for commodities and oil is lower again. USDCAD is enjoying both the more bullish US$ sentiment and the softer oil prices. Brent crude

Comment

• Originally posted by Vidster View Post
                He copied my levels I gave here yesterday? Lol.
                http://news.forexlive.com/!/usdcad-u...march-20160324
                Channel trading isn't rocket science, and that's all you're by predicting those levels. It's how you translate that into an actual strategy that gives us the secret sauce
                Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• I wrote about not trading on Fridays several times, but to be honnest this can happen also during week. Yes Friday gives us a weekend gap risk, but risking 25% for gaining 0.5% is not good risk reward. 90% of time we get in profit or BE, but that one time it kills the profit. I think that a hedge if we get to -10% would be better as most of the time we get into 10% DD we go also over it. Or manual intervention at -10%, if we close at that level this is 1-2 month trading for recovery. I'm writing this for scalper as it closed 2 trades in loss now and 2 trades are still open. Current total DD is around 28%... I thought it will be all closed at -25%. Is there anything that shows it will go back down? I don't like rellying on hope and pray...

Comment

• Smart Squared!

smart2 is currently down 12%, not 28%...

Last edited by ales; 03-24-2016, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• yes, I wrote that this is for scalper and now it is even more in loss...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                        Channel trading isn't rocket science, and that's all you're by predicting those levels. It's how you translate that into an actual strategy that gives us the secret sauce
                        Secret sauce? Are we watching two different accounts? Apparently we all know "the levels" and yet account is down 15%. Another push and it will be 25%.

I suggest you (trader&you) make a few modifications to this system and it can become really good. Now it isn't as it's only waiting with open trades on hope that market will turn.
                        First modification is to set the level where you have to admit you are wrong. Level on the market and not in percentage of the account equity (currently 25%).

Comment

• And please don't get me wrong. I am doing my best to constructively criticize the system to find hole and make it better. Not to argue or complain because i have too much time.

Comment

• R we going into the news with this basket open ??????????!!!!!!!
                            We might not even have the cgance to close at -25% ?????

Comment

• What news you have in mind?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vidster View Post
                                What news you have in mind?
                                Initial jobless claim and durable goods orders usd ??? In 3 hours

Comment

Working...
                                X