Smart Squared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
    I have closed one EURNZD at small loss, and the other two i try to break even. Even though the trend is good, there is a fundamental risk in EUR. Better to be out of the market.
    Vaiay, I really don't like to interfere your strategy. But I have to say if we continually wait for EUR turning around is like gambling not trading. Euro Official half hour ago said Greece is approaching deadline. So how we can expect to achieve BE? I suggest you can offload another EURNZD and keep one opening until the worst result come out and then add another buy order which should be in the much better position , so we have more chance to achieve BE. ( if you offload one of the EURNZD now we only take 30 pips loss otherwise it might be a couple of hundreds pip loss )

Comment

Originally posted by richardlivefrex View Post
      Vaiay, I really don't like to interfere your strategy. But I have to say if we continually wait for EUR turning around is like gambling not trading. Euro Official half hour ago said Greece is approaching deadline. So how we can expect to achieve BE? I suggest you can offload another EURNZD and keep one opening until the worst result come out and then add another buy order which should be in the much better position , so we have more chance to achieve BE. ( if you offload one of the EURNZD now we only take 30 pips loss otherwise it might be a couple of hundreds pip loss )
      Richard, please let him do his job.

It's also certainly not gambling, he's trading based on probabilities he sees in the market. We're a long way from any kind of trouble and he's still up over 10% for the month even if you take the negative floating equity into account.
      Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by richardlivefrex View Post
        We have got our BE richard. i only enter trades based on the trend. Ofcourse trends change when fundamentals change. We were not very far. And we would have got our BE even without offloading the one that i did. I offloaded one to reduce the risk and i had SL in place, so do not worry. I follow whats happening in the world. with CHF it was only unplanned, i could not do anything. Trader is a medium term strategry and can withstand 100s of pips, for this reason i have traded it. If you had seen, we had booked a lot of profits in this month on EURNZD.

On scalper i have disabled the EUR from trading. i have recently modified the scalper to have this feature. if some currency is in chaos, i will simply ignore it and trade others.

Cheers...

We have green pips now
        Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hey Guys,

The last GBPUSD trader from scalper is not copied to Smart2 for some reason. I am looking in to this. Please dont be tensed. i will fix it immediately.

Comment

Taken few manual scalpe trades as i found them small winners

Comment

Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                  Hi Guys,
                  We want to maintain a max DD of 20% and smooth out the equity curve and there will be more activity in one signal.

As the risks are dynamic, both the signals will be available individually for people to subscribe based on their tastes.
                  I have already subbed. But going forwards (and considering history), I think we need some clear rules on DD.

Is 20% the absolute close all and move on threshold?
                  Is the 20% derived from both signals or is it 20% per signal?
                  Is there another split, 15% for 1 signal and 5% for another? etc. etc.

The above is not intended to poop on the parade (your trading is very hot at the moment ) but it might well help save some broken hearts when the poop hits the fan.

Cheers

Comment

Critical thinking and due diligence with one's investment is not 'pooping on the parade'.

Both of these signals have had major issues in the past. To keep going forward without dramatic adjustments, even if everything is fine atm, would be wishful thinking. Especially if those two signals are now traded together.

Don't take me wrong, I know there has been changes already, but restating and clarifying what has been implemented to NEVER face similar situations as before, sounds obviously essential to me.

It's not like "Smart Squared!" just came out of the blue and was the new hot thing. I get a sense that Vijay is here for the long run, and addressing every grey area is part of the job.
                    Last edited by peeper; 05-28-2015, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveOSling View Post
                      I have already subbed. But going forwards (and considering history), I think we need some clear rules on DD.

Is 20% the absolute close all and move on threshold?
                      Is the 20% derived from both signals or is it 20% per signal?
                      Is there another split, 15% for 1 signal and 5% for another? etc. etc.

The above is not intended to poop on the parade (your trading is very hot at the moment ) but it might well help save some broken hearts when the poop hits the fan.

Cheers
                      I completely agree with this and am surprised Nick hasn't enforced something more solid. Scalper has only done 10% drawdown since exploded. But we must remember that went to 60+% drawdown when we were told only 40%. I DO NOT want to be stuck in this situation again. I fully support this signal but Steve and last poster raise imperative points that should be addressed. As it is I would hesitate to put significant money behind it until these were addressed. Not only that but If Dom were to do his risk thing. I thought every signal was to have one pre release.

Sent from Uranus

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                        I completely agree with this and am surprised Nick hasn't enforced something more solid. Scalper has only done 10% drawdown since exploded. But we must remember that went to 60+% drawdown when we were told only 40%. I DO NOT want to be stuck in this situation again. I fully support this signal but Steve and last poster raise imperative points that should be addressed. As it is I would hesitate to put significant money behind it until these were addressed. Not only that but If Dom were to do his risk thing. I thought every signal was to have one pre release.

Sent from Uranus
                        Strong points there, we shouldn't get carried away.

Comment

Originally posted by Big River Man View Post

Sent from Uranus
                          Hey BRM,

The max drawdown on open positions is 25% of account equity. At that point all trades will be closed and Vijay will evaluate before restarting.

Smart Trader has close to 2 years worth of history and Smart Scalper 18 months, all of which we've watched live on this site. I think it's fair to assume that we most of us now know what we're going to get with Vijay.

The 25% stop is executed manually on Vijay's end. If you're concerned about the possibility of him not adhering to this then I would suggest everyone use the equity stop function within the trade copier.
                          Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

Ok great to know Nick. Is much easier to set risk when knowing how much is at stake beforehand. I think Vijay is a fantastic trader and coder. Those EN longs that everyone was freaking out about ....just look at the charts now. So 25% is good number to know. Even if it's not strict its still good to have the ballpark figure WCS.

Sent from Uranus

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              Hey BRM,

The max drawdown on open positions is 25% of account equity. At that point all trades will be closed and Vijay will evaluate before restarting.

Smart Trader has close to 2 years worth of history and Smart Scalper 18 months, all of which we've watched live on this site. I think it's fair to assume that we most of us now know what we're going to get with Vijay.

The 25% stop is executed manually on Vijay's end. If you're concerned about the possibility of him not adhering to this then I would suggest everyone use the equity stop function within the trade copier.
                              Thanks for confirming Nick.
                              I'm gonna drone on now like a right so and so but the above should be appended to Post #1 and the FS 'Our Traders' page. For all signals.
                              Also, 2 thumbs up for BRM's due dilgience report request from Dom.

Cheers

Comment

Hey Guys.

I am done for this month. After opening Smart2 to public we have done very well this month achieving 13.04%.

Lets continue to make profit.

Good luck for next month.

Comment

Working...
                                X