No announcement yet.

Smart Squared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey everybody . This signal is performing very profitably ) I just wanted to know what was the situation with smart scalper when he entered his biggest drawdown Maybe some one can save me searching the whole forum please. Thanks
    Last edited by yabanda; 06-20-2015, 06:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yabanda View Post
      Hey everybody . This signal is performing very profitably ) I just wanted to know what was the situation with smart scalper when he entered his biggest drawdown Maybe some one can save me searching the whole forum please. Thanks
      I believe it was close to the time of the Scottish referendum (someone please correct me if wrong). The trade can probably more accurately let you know the specifics but I believe that pound pairs had same risk as other pairs and new entry every 30 pips or something, which has now changed to something more dynamic and also the risk on GBP pairs has also decreased too. But the drawdown is so high because the trader didn't close at the promised drawdown level. Which was a mistake and cost people a lot of money, including the trader himself and Nick in the longer run as it deferred the introduction of a MAM, but personally cost me thousands. So that was the biggest concern and also remains a concern for me going forward. IE will the trader cut risk at the level of risk we sign on for or will he let it run longer. That's the big question which I am sure a lot of subs that suffered the loss would be sweating upon and is the reason I don't have a larger portion of money behind the signal yet. It's almost as if I want to see if the promise will be kept but at the same time I don't cos i don't want to go to 25% drawdown to see if he does!!!!!

If that could be definitively promised then some peoples nerves would be put to rest. But then who's to say that the trader might take it to 30% drawdwon and then as a result get out with a profit....but because he stuck to the 20 or 25% "limiy" then as a result we lost. WHo knows....so is there a correct answer? Well we can only know in hindsight.

What the trade has done since then is fantastic. As you can see. Got hit by SNB badly but did well to recover and the scalper segment as you can see has only done 8% drawdown since...which as I have mentioned months ago now seems to me that for us to go to 25% or 60% drawdown now would be crazy. As maybe we can make most of the EA proftis with a 10% drawdown limit? Again who knows, only in hindsight will we know.

Anyway for now for me this is my 2nd favourite signal. Viper is first. But to be honest this would be my 1st favored signal if the potential drawdwon was less and I knew that there were safety nets put in place. But what Vijay has done I think will be the best signal going forward yabanda. thta's my honest opinion. But remeber to set your risk always for the worst case scenario so that if it happens you arent overlevaraged. The slippage on Viper becomes more and more a problem with each month I only get 50% of the master pips some days but not with this signal or with TA or with Kilimanjaro.

Comment

• Thanks a lot for a very informative answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
          I believe it was close to the time of the Scottish referendum (someone please correct me if wrong). The trade can probably more accurately let you know the specifics but I believe that pound pairs had same risk as other pairs and new entry every 30 pips or something, which has now changed to something more dynamic and also the risk on GBP pairs has also decreased too. But the drawdown is so high because the trader didn't close at the promised drawdown level. Which was a mistake and cost people a lot of money, including the trader himself and Nick in the longer run as it deferred the introduction of a MAM, but personally cost me thousands. So that was the biggest concern and also remains a concern for me going forward. IE will the trader cut risk at the level of risk we sign on for or will he let it run longer. That's the big question which I am sure a lot of subs that suffered the loss would be sweating upon and is the reason I don't have a larger portion of money behind the signal yet. It's almost as if I want to see if the promise will be kept but at the same time I don't cos i don't want to go to 25% drawdown to see if he does!!!!!

If that could be definitively promised then some peoples nerves would be put to rest. But then who's to say that the trader might take it to 30% drawdwon and then as a result get out with a profit....but because he stuck to the 20 or 25% "limiy" then as a result we lost. WHo knows....so is there a correct answer? Well we can only know in hindsight.

What the trade has done since then is fantastic. As you can see. Got hit by SNB badly but did well to recover and the scalper segment as you can see has only done 8% drawdown since...which as I have mentioned months ago now seems to me that for us to go to 25% or 60% drawdown now would be crazy. As maybe we can make most of the EA proftis with a 10% drawdown limit? Again who knows, only in hindsight will we know.

Anyway for now for me this is my 2nd favourite signal. Viper is first. But to be honest this would be my 1st favored signal if the potential drawdwon was less and I knew that there were safety nets put in place. But what Vijay has done I think will be the best signal going forward yabanda. thta's my honest opinion. But remeber to set your risk always for the worst case scenario so that if it happens you arent overlevaraged. The slippage on Viper becomes more and more a problem with each month I only get 50% of the master pips some days but not with this signal or with TA or with Kilimanjaro.
          Yes BRM, you are correct. It was during the time of scottish referendum and we had a trade in place over the weekend and there were some survey results over the weekend and it was in our favor, we got a 100+ pips in our favor and at market open i booked profit of 5% in one single trade and i knew market will react unexpected way and i had turned off the EA from trading. Greed won over me and i had turned on the EA after few hours and there were another survey results syaing that scotts did not have any more edge. That turned the GBPAUD move up and it never stopped. This incident made me think about the system and work on it more and i believe it made me update the system. Prior to that incident we used to see a lot of 10% DD and we used to recover. After this incident we only saw 9% DD once and we are making above 7% average per month returns which is exceptional according to me. Of course some people lost money and i lost a lot of customers and it was the time when Nick had just made scalper as team trader. Everything was so bad for me also. Whoever stuck to the system and believed in it made their losses back and now above the water mark. This incident made the system a better one and me more responsible and a better trader. Its these kind of things that teach us and make us better. isnt it.

Yes the maximum DD we saw from that incident is below 10% and yes we can reduce the max DD levels to around 10%. Even if we hit this level twice in an year, we can easily get back up to the water mark levels in a month or two. Some months gave us 10%+ returns. i am considering this, before i make it official, i need to sit with the charts and the history of trades and see what i can do.
          Last edited by SmartTrader; 06-20-2015, 09:00 AM.
          Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Any info on slippage?

I might like to run this signal on a Tallinex account, but I lack experience with that broker. Is anyone running Smart Squared with Tallinex, and what kind of slippage have you gotten? Or just in general, what kind of slippage are people getting with this signal with different brokers? Much appreciated.

Comment

• Everything is good in current basket except the exceptional high triple swap rate of nzdchf ,not a complain though

Comment

• swap is realy high

Comment

• That basket was worth almost 2%. How are swaps high or an issue?

Comment

• The 2nd GN trade probably delivered the largest winner (by pips and %) for me in all my Fx history to date, most bodacious.

Take a long wknd away from the screens Vijay!

Comment

• Nice trading!

Comment

• I understand about the swap (I think), but would anyone have numbers on how much the slippage is on average cutting into the profits? Thank you for any info.

Comment

• Originally posted by adastra View Post
                          I understand about the swap (I think), but would anyone have numbers on how much the slippage is on average cutting into the profits? Thank you for any info.
                          With my signals slippage is zero or very little. Rarely it affects profits

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
                          Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• I have Tallinex as well. With the last trade I got 155.7 pips compared to 156.3 on the master. (I disable all the CHF pairs) Obviously, I am not complaining.

Originally posted by adastra View Post
                            I might like to run this signal on a Tallinex account, but I lack experience with that broker. Is anyone running Smart Squared with Tallinex, and what kind of slippage have you gotten? Or just in general, what kind of slippage are people getting with this signal with different brokers? Much appreciated.

Comment

• Hi Vijay,

I subscribed to Smart Squared last month and disabled the CHF pairs. Ever since, the signal has taken 37 trades in the non-CHF pairs but my account copied only 17. All the 20 missed trades belong to three pairs GBPNZD, GBPAUD and NZDCAD. The successfully copied trades belong to EURNZD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, EURAUD, USDJPY and EURJPY. What could be the reason of missing more than half the trades. My broker is Global Prime and I'm running it from a ForexVPS.net VPS with latency of 1 ms to the broker's trade server. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by taruh View Post
                                Hi Vijay,

I subscribed to Smart Squared last month and disabled the CHF pairs. Ever since, the signal has taken 37 trades in the non-CHF pairs but my account copied only 17. All the 20 missed trades belong to three pairs GBPNZD, GBPAUD and NZDCAD. The successfully copied trades belong to EURNZD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, EURAUD, USDJPY and EURJPY. What could be the reason of missing more than half the trades. My broker is Global Prime and I'm running it from a ForexVPS.net VPS with latency of 1 ms to the broker's trade server. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
                                Check if all pairs are running on your vps mt4.

Comment

Working...
                                X