• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope everyone enjoyed the EURNZD trade
    Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
      Hope everyone enjoyed the EURNZD trade
      I got it on Axi but not on IC Markets. Usually the other way around.

Comment

• Great tradr mate.

Comment

• Nervous batch of trades before news.

Comment

• Hi Vijay

Is your signal safe to run at 2 x risk? What are the rest of you guys running this at?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by mackaozy View Post
              Hi Vijay

Is your signal safe to run at 2 x risk? What are the rest of you guys running this at?

Thanks
              My max DD is 25%. If you don't have any problems with that risk, it's your wish. I advice is to go with 1x. We are making good profits

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Thanks Vijay.

Comment

• Well handled basket vigay ..
                  However after the basket is closed now ..
                  I have 2 comments ..
                  This is the 2nd time this month we were totally against medium and long term trend for the pair .. and we get saved by news on our side . ..
                  From the first trade u opened on this gbpaud basket short .. i felt it will be a loser ...
                  I know u r a much better trader than me thats why i am asking and not judging by any means :-)..
                  But from my humble view .. gbpaud was extremely bullish on daily and weekly charts .. yet .. we went short against medium term trend with high risk news ahead ..
                  Would u pls elaborate on this basket .. and tell us ur view ..
                  Again i am not judging. . I just need to see it from ur point of view ...
                  N.b. i am on the mamm ... so i dont have even the choice to close a basket i am not agreeing with .. in case someone would reply saying that if i was confirdent i dodnt like that basket then why didnt i close it ..
                  Still i have to cheer your good handling of a tough basket of trades ..

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                    My max DD is 25%. If you don't have any problems with that risk, it's your wish. I advice is to go with 1x. We are making good profits

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
                    Sorry .. i forgot to write the second question ... isnt the max dd supposed to be 20 % As u told us earlier or its my bad memory .. or was it changed recently.. thanks

Comment

• I can answer that for you, Sherif. As far as I am aware, the max DD has been 25% from the beginning - or at least for a long time.

As for your other points, I would say that I agree - in terms of trading against the medium / long term trend and gambling on big news outcomes. But perhaps Vijay can tell us what his thought process was and what he knew that we did not.

Originally posted by Sherif View Post
                      Sorry .. i forgot to write the second question ... isnt the max dd supposed to be 20 % As u told us earlier or its my bad memory .. or was it changed recently.. thanks

Comment

• Page 1 of SS forum had been updated 27/07 2015 with a max dd of 25%....and also this:

I would like to know if I am interpreting points 4 and 5 of update 23/09/2014 correctly and if these are still true:
                        "4. EA will not trade extremely volatile pairs. For example if you see GBPAUD, has been moving about 600-800 pips in few days. The range is enormous. i have added a filter not to trade this kind of pairs till the volatility comes down. The reason i did is this because, when the trend changes we may not get any chance to close at Break even which is what happened with respect to GBPAUD.
                        5. I will manually disable the EA during the high impact news and also try to avoid taking trades on Friday evening if we are not already in the market."

Glad Vijay was able to get out with reduced loss, but some clarification needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by chuck View Post
                          Page 1 of SS forum had been updated 27/07 2015 with a max dd of 25%....and also this:

I would like to know if I am interpreting points 4 and 5 of update 23/09/2014 correctly and if these are still true:
                          "4. EA will not trade extremely volatile pairs. For example if you see GBPAUD, has been moving about 600-800 pips in few days. The range is enormous. i have added a filter not to trade this kind of pairs till the volatility comes down. The reason i did is this because, when the trend changes we may not get any chance to close at Break even which is what happened with respect to GBPAUD.
                          5. I will manually disable the EA during the high impact news and also try to avoid taking trades on Friday evening if we are not already in the market."

Glad Vijay was able to get out with reduced loss, but some clarification needed.
                          I am afraid dd part u r wrong ..
                          Check page 1 of smart squared forum ...
                          In april 30th vigay states its 20 % for smart squared ...
                          I am not talking about scalper. .

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherif View Post
                            Well handled basket vigay ..
                            However after the basket is closed now ..
                            I have 2 comments ..
                            This is the 2nd time this month we were totally against medium and long term trend for the pair .. and we get saved by news on our side . ..
                            From the first trade u opened on this gbpaud basket short .. i felt it will be a loser ...
                            I know u r a much better trader than me thats why i am asking and not judging by any means :-)..
                            But from my humble view .. gbpaud was extremely bullish on daily and weekly charts .. yet .. we went short against medium term trend with high risk news ahead ..
                            Would u pls elaborate on this basket .. and tell us ur view ..
                            Again i am not judging. . I just need to see it from ur point of view ...
                            N.b. i am on the mamm ... so i dont have even the choice to close a basket i am not agreeing with .. in case someone would reply saying that if i was confirdent i dodnt like that basket then why didnt i close it ..
                            Still i have to cheer your good handling of a tough basket of trades ..

Agree, when the first selling gbpaud opened , the news is very positive for UK while GBPUSD was on the bottom. Vijay now is perfect for risk control, but it looks not so perfect for trend identification. for smart scalp account, it built up profit from many trades then all wiped out from few trades due to the trading against trend
                            Last edited by richardlivefrex; 09-17-2015, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• I would like to support Vijay... last GA sell was in line with the trend. Just look at the bigger timeframe: it was falling from far above 2.20. The problem I see is not waiting for the retracement to stabilize (just a mechanical selling limit), therefore selling on strong up movement.

Comment

• Hey Guys,

I see lots of posts regarding trades were against the trend and were taken just after a major news. i completely agree with the second part. However the trades were in line with the trend. Short term trend. Scalper takes trades based on the short term trend. I have been working with charts to make scalper take trades when there is a rebound. I will implement this soon. First i will test it on demo for few weeks and see if its doing well vis-a-vis the current approach. At one point we were so close to TP, 2 or 3 pips away. Overall we got our TP which would have been our break even. To minimise losses i had taken out one trade in loss.

Thanks for all the support

Comment

Working...
                                X