Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
    Hey Guys,

I see lots of posts regarding trades were against the trend and were taken just after a major news. i completely agree with the second part. However the trades were in line with the trend. Short term trend. Scalper takes trades based on the short term trend. I have been working with charts to make scalper take trades when there is a rebound. I will implement this soon. First i will test it on demo for few weeks and see if its doing well vis-a-vis the current approach. At one point we were so close to TP, 2 or 3 pips away. Overall we got our TP which would have been our break even. To minimise losses i had taken out one trade in loss.

Thanks for all the support
    Hi Vijay I also have the same opinion as you. Trend no problem. Short term trend was definitely down. Only problem was the news as it completely changed the short term trend. I guess some kind of news filter. I dunno man your the boss and you managed it well anyways. Minimal loss. It's always the basket that gets super close to TP early that hurts us isn't it??!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
      Hi Vijay I also have the same opinion as you. Trend no problem. Short term trend was definitely down. Only problem was the news as it completely changed the short term trend. I guess some kind of news filter. I dunno man your the boss and you managed it well anyways. Minimal loss. It's always the basket that gets super close to TP early that hurts us isn't it??!!
      I don't know if there's any legs to this as I'm bad at maths but could you partially close multiple positions to reduce basket risk to still close at BE or TP?
      E. G. Basket of 4 trades, close 3 worse entries at 33.3% each or 50% of 2 worse etc.

Sent via Telepathy

Comment

• Originally posted by Anton123 View Post
        The problem I see is not waiting for the retracement to stabilize (just a mechanical selling limit), therefore selling on strong up movement.
        this is the real point. Vijay already told that he is working on it. I am confident it will be a major improvement for safety and performance

by the way it would have helped a lot also in case of the famous CHF crash avoiding second NZDCHF trade. It was on SmartTrader but I suppose that this change will be shared on both services.

Lesson was learnt and I love Vijay for this
        Last edited by BMM; 09-18-2015, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• yup again and again Vijay you happy to change what you already have solely to try and improve it, looking forward to hearing how testing the changes has gone!

Comment

• Originally posted by BMM View Post
            this is the real point. Vijay already told that he is working on it. I am confident it will be a major improvement for safety and performance

by the way it would have helped a lot also in case of the famous CHF crash avoiding second NZDCHF trade. It was on SmartTrader but I suppose that this change will be shared on both services.

Lesson was learnt and I love Vijay for this
            I have already updated that on SmartTrader. Same thing needed for scalper as well. It is different as the time frames are different. I needed a different way of identifying a rebound.
            Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Not sure where to post this issue because I cannot currently reach live support. Last month my subscription to Smart Squared expired a few days after I was charged on Paypal. I contacted live support and they fixed it. But now the same thing has just happened again. Whom could I contact to fix this issue for good?

EDIT: removed UID.
              Last edited by adastra; 09-20-2015, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by adastra View Post
                Whom could I contact to fix this issue for good?....my UID on forexsignals is.....
                Sounds like a simple mistake was made.

You have a few options:
                -Send out a mail to support@forexsignals.com with your name and UID details.
                -If you click the "Live Help" button to the left you can leave a message.
                -You can also go HERE and leave a meassage.
                They will get back to you as soon as possible.
                Fixing this should not be an issue.

PLEASE NOTE:
                If I were you I would delete the UID from the post above.
                I would notify ForexSignals Support that I made it public.
                They may want to change it for you now that you have made it public...or not.
                I am not completely sure how serious it is to make your UID public.
                Better safe than sorry.

LL
                Last edited by LogicaLucidity; 09-20-2015, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Thanks very much. I just left a message with support, so I will await their instructions.

Originally posted by LogicaLucidity View Post
                  Sounds like a simple mistake was made.

You have a few options:
                  -Send out a mail to support@forexsignals.com with your name and UID details.
                  -If you click the "Live Help" button to the left you can leave a message.
                  -You can also go HERE and leave a meassage.
                  They will get back to you as soon as possible.
                  Fixing this should not be an issue.

PLEASE NOTE:
                  If I were you I would delete the UID from the post above.
                  I would notify ForexSignals Support that I made it public.
                  They may want to change it for you now that you have made it public...or not.
                  I am not completely sure how serious it is to make your UID public.
                  Better safe than sorry.

LL

Comment

• Originally posted by adastra View Post
                    Thanks very much. I just left a message with support, so I will await their instructions.
                    I wouldn't stress I don't think it's a big issue.

I had a similar issue and it was because my PayPal wasn't liked to my credit card for that particular subscription correctly

Comment

• Hey Guys

Took AUDJPY manual trade and booked 15+ pips today.

Cheers

Comment

• Hey guys!

What is the minimum amount one can invest into the Smart2MAM account?

Comment

• Originally posted by 8fold View Post
                          Hey guys!

What is the minimum amount one can invest into the Smart2MAM account?
                          Minimum is 2000 USD

Comment

• Hey Guys,

We had closed 4 trades today with +53 pips. Last couple of months have been very hard and still we ended up with good profits of 4.4 and 4.8%(Smart2MAM).

Cheers

Comment

• Vijay thanks a nice way to end the month.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                                Hey Guys,

We had closed 4 trades today with +53 pips. Last couple of months have been very hard and still we ended up with good profits of 4.4 and 4.8%(Smart2MAM).

Cheers
                                Well done Vijay!! Nice and smooth profitable month ending,
                                1,12% for me.
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X