Smart Squared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Guys,
    In the wake of tomorrow's GBP rate decision and the press conference after that i will not be trading GBP until after, if i find opportunities in other currencies i will take the trades
    Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• the press conference hit GBP so badly it dropped 170 pips. It is wise enough not to trade GBP before the news announcement

Comment

• Originally posted by peeper View Post
        Sorry to read about those who got bad fills.

Vijay, what should one ask the brokers in order to know whether they release TP and SL levels, and what brokers do you know to do so?
        I am not aware of brokers who release the TP and SL to the market as soon as they are set. ECN brokers should be doing it, but i dont have the data about the brokers. You can ask the brokers if they release TP and SL to the market as and when we set them or release only when the price reaches those levels.
        Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Following the bad fills broker mentioned it was news time and due to signal transit delay I got the bad fills -7% total. News time trading opening or closing orders will kill the account. Last time it was not me but another sub can not remember which signal on same broker GP had negative slippage mine positive. Now I copy TP and SL so the delay will not be there and maybe this will not happen again.Thats fx you can say and I move on.

Comment

• I need to ask a couple of experienced Smart2 follower whether I start to worry about the DD happened yesterday or this is a "used to happen sometimes" thing and I can quietly let Vijay to do his work.

Comment

• This dd is nothing special . we might take a loss but its nothing that cant be made up with future trades. Best not watch small time frames. follow on a 4hr or daily chart that way you can check more rare save time and stressless))

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoli71 View Post
                I need to ask a couple of experienced Smart2 follower whether I start to worry about the DD happened yesterday or this is a "used to happen sometimes" thing and I can quietly let Vijay to do his work.
                This is unexpected but most definitely within parameters and has happened before. I wouldn't stress. Obviously if it's a bit stressful then once you reach equity high again then lower the risk multiplier. All good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                  This is unexpected but most definitely within parameters and has happened before. I wouldn't stress. Obviously if it's a bit stressful then once you reach equity high again then lower the risk multiplier. All good.
                  Is it unexpected mate, I mentioned in the trade room just before this happened, GA is a buy on good nfp as was looking at long setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Potter View Post
                    Is it unexpected mate, I mentioned in the trade room just before this happened, GA is a buy on good nfp as was looking at long setup.
                    I just mean the drawdown in general is within parameters. Though obviously not ideal. Yes we could see some big pressure on Kiwi and Aussie this week.

I was actually long GA going into NFP. Unfortunately my winnings far smaller than my scalpers loss!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by yabanda View Post
                      This dd is nothing special . we might take a loss but its nothing that cant be made up with future trades. Best not watch small time frames. follow on a 4hr or daily chart that way you can check more rare save time and stressless))
                      The weird thing that I gained a little bit more with Viper in a month by risk 2.2x. Now, I have just started to follow Smart2 with risk 0.6x and that single DD is almost much as my monthly Viper's profit. With Viper I have never feel to begin to write in the forum. But, now I'm worried because technically I would have taken long position. (I don't trade for myself just playing around with a DEMO account.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Smart Squared!

Being a FIFO compliant makes things more difficult. On Friday there was an opportunity to close the last two position with profit and let the first one alone decreasing the risk by 2/3. But this would have broken the FIFO rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Zoli71; 11-08-2015, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Ok, I have decided to let the trader (Vijay) do his work. He is here for a while and has a good reputation and I hope he won't make such a mistake that TradeAlerter did. But getting rid of the FIFO would be a good thing. Is there any hard reason to being FIFO compliant?

Comment

• Try not to stress out guys, this kind of thing will happen from time to time.

This downside risk is part of generating such attractive above market returns.

I've got no doubt that Vijay will get back to equity highs.
                            Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoli71 View Post
                              Ok, I have decided to let the trader (Vijay) do his work. He is here for a while and has a good reputation and I hope he won't make such a mistake that TradeAlerter did. But getting rid of the FIFO would be a good thing. Is there any hard reason to being FIFO compliant?
                              Agree. FIFO must be removed in the future for risk control. Otherwise the trader has to open more trades to average out once big DD occurred and leading to more risk.

Comment

• Vijay has proven himself to professionally get out of any major/minor DD. Remember the CHF probe in the beginning of the year? Simply look at his monthly performance YTD... pretty impressive. Anyway, just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
                                X