Smart Squared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats on taking the loss!
    That's professional behavior right there, and very reassuring IMO -- shows confidence, stability and long term thinking.
    Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anton123 View Post
      "I dont think anyone here can withstand another jit like this anytime soon"

You have no choice with this strategy - you HAVE TO withstand it. The longer you trade any strategy, the greater is chance you will hit several losses in a row. It's not Vijay's fault, it's just maths. The only thing you can do about it is to keep these losses the lowest possible. But I must admit that it's difficult, if not impossible, with an averaging down strategy. So yes, one day we're going to bust. It's unavoidable. Currently, it will take 4 losing baskets in a row.And we will have them one day.
      I don't believe that you will have 4 in a row. You have hundreds of trades of history. The likelihood of that is almost 0%. As someone mentioned earlier if the trader was to step aside in ultra red flag situations like this NFP, like elections, like certain FOMC or ECB announcements then this could be more seldom. Honestly there would only be about 15-20 events per year that you could turn the EA off for anywhere between 15m to a few hours.

In this case Vijay had stopped some pairs but what he failed to see was the magnitude of this event and how it would affect risk trends upon all pairs. Anyway hindsight is a *****. As long as something is learnt from this then I can swallow the pill. In this strategy it's inevitable to get a basket loss

Maybe close to equity high at the end of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
        I will still trade this month and see if we can make some profit and lessen the losses.
        I don't follow you (or anyone) and I don't know exactly the amount of loss, but a good trader hitting a substantial loss would take time out to reflect and not be emotional about getting it back (revenge trading).
        But i'm nobody to give advice.
        Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by brokeMike View Post
          I don't follow you (or anyone) and I don't know exactly the amount of loss, but a good trader hitting a substantial loss would take time out to reflect and not be emotional about getting it back (revenge trading).
          But i'm nobody to give advice.
          Good luck.
          Its an ea. Does not have emotion

Comment

• Just a question no rush do u plan to trade soon or take a break just woundering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I have a new GA Sell open now. I cannot see it in the list of open trades on master. Can someone confirm whether they also recieved this trade?

Comment

• Nope nothing here.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nothing here too. But I have Smart MAM

Comment

• Ouch. .. gbaud dropped 300 pips ... in 1 hr we could have been in profit now ... lol ..
                    This is what makes forex crazy ..
                    Hard luck everyone 😂😂

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherif View Post
                      Ouch. .. gbaud dropped 300 pips ... in 1 hr we could have been in profit now ... lol ..
                      This is what makes forex crazy ..
                      Hard luck everyone 😂😂

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
                      Yeah I was expecting that on wednesday. Being the triple swap day I expected favorable moves. But we couldn't wait.

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
                      Trade the market, not the trader

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartTrader View Post
                        Yeah I was expecting that on wednesday. Being the triple swap day I expected favorable moves. But we couldn't wait.

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk
                        Not to mention that had the news been bad it'd be 300 pips the other way!!! 👍👍

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                          Not to mention that had the news been bad it'd be 300 pips the other way!!! ����
                          agree . never bet on news effect .

Comment

• Originally posted by Big River Man View Post
                            Not to mention that had the news been bad it'd be 300 pips the other way!!! 👍👍
                            When I woke this morning an saw the drop I was like ffs..

Until I read your post BRM thanks for the reality check, it could of gone anywhere really so cheers

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

• This is Forex, 2 good months and we are back on equity high

Comment

• Nice trade today. Welcome back.

Comment

Working...
                                X